Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 10:25 PM

1,539 posts, read 3,189,767 times

Advertisements

I share some of the things mentioned above.
#1- I too don't like smelly ice and I can't stand unfiltered water...I got very spoiled with fresh tap water for most of my life.
#2- I also won't touch the handle of a public restroom. Always use the paper towel to open it.
#3- I wash my wands more than is probably necessary as well. We go through a large size "refill" of the antibacterial soap pretty quickly. We keep some of it in the shower also and the first thing I do when I get in is wash my hands
#4- All doors must be locked as soon as I get in the car or the house.
#5- I hate paying for bottled water and my re-usable bottle is with me almost all the time that I try to fill up whenever I can.
#6- My sponge always goes in the dishwasher when I run it.

There are sooo many more but I'll leave it at this for now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 04:56 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Have to say I'm the same as MWBW in the restroom thing.

GloryB I an anally organized and everything has it's place plus clothes are color hung (blacks together, tans,etc).

Okay I'm ready for the couch!

Old 10-31-2009, 06:14 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
yay I am so glad to see that I am not the only person who has a problem with "stinky ice"

lol I have been told it is "my imagination" well I can now tell this person that there are others that have the same imagination that I do

Old 10-31-2009, 06:30 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,688,396 times
When grocery shopping all items are taken from the back of the shelves and the same with the meats department.
As soon as we get home from grocery shopping the first thing we do after we set the bags down is wash our hands.
I NEVER use a public restroom.
When entering the house shoes must come off.

Old 10-31-2009, 07:17 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,138,632 times
So many of these are just common sense!

Old 10-31-2009, 07:23 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,546,566 times
LOL! I think I will continue taking things from the front and middle of the produce and meat! The back seems to get a lot of handling!
As for 'stinky' ice, I very seldom can smell such things, so have no idea if mine or anyone else's is smelly. I actually feel blessed that I do not have such a sensitive smeller.
I am a 'counter' . I used to count my steps when walking up our driveway. I count the squares that I 'plant' on Facebook.
I have always had a 'place' for everything, and hate it when things are not in their own place.
I love being well organized.
I hate having my wall pics hanging even slightly crooked. One freind, who's pics hung every which way on her wall, cautioned me to " Don't touch my pictures" when I went to straighten one.
I always park in the same row at WalMart....but it is mostly so I know where to look for my car.
I hate to be stared at.
I never leave the bathroom in the morning without combing my hair first.In fact, I comb it most everytime I go into the bathroom.
Since I am rather advanced in years, I am sure I have a lot of idiosyncrasies.

Old 10-31-2009, 08:34 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,178,879 times
One small thing that bothers me..........I have never been able to understand why anyone would put a roll of toilet paper in a bathroom where you pull it from behind or underneath the roll ????
Spoiler
in as much as I have no desire to see what it looks like after use I am particular about what I see before it's use...

Old 10-31-2009, 11:22 AM

1,539 posts, read 3,189,767 times
^^^ That's hilarious. I'm the same way. The roll of toilet paper has to be put in "just so". LOL

Old 10-31-2009, 11:36 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,293,698 times
When I take something from a rack or shelf, I always pick the one hiding behind the the displayed one. This isn't just food, though ~ everything. It can be a can o' hairspray, even newspapers.

In mass transit (train or bus) I always try to find a seat where no one can sit to my left.

As a child I was obsessive about avoiding cracks and lines on sidewalks. I still do it sometimes but not obsessively.

I absolutely will NOT drink after someone else from a bottle or can. Yes, there's the back-wash, but I just can't stand the idea of touching something where another person's lips have been.

In those custom-sized paper recycle boxes in the work place, I must have the papers stacked neatly. They hold a lot more paper that way. However, mine was replaced with a bigger can, and that's different. I just toss 'em in the can now. (But a lot of co-workers sure thought I was weird about the box.)

I feel naked out in public without: Earrings, lipstick, and fragrance. Lipstick is the worst.

I never touch handles on toilets, either. I use my foot to flush. I also keep a handkerchief in my purse avoid directly touching handrails, public restroom handles, even poles and straps in mass-transit.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:46 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,293,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I'm a complete neat freak and minimalist. Unnecessary stuff around me or anything out of place makes me sincerely nervous.

I'm not sure if that is an idiosyncrasy or if I really need deep therapy. My Dad is the same way. We both love our nice neat uncluttered worlds. Other people think we are nuts and really don't want to live with us.
I'm just the opposite. NOT a neat-freak, my place is pretty cluttered, and I'm fine 'n' happy with it.

My two-brothers are the neat-freaks. While I can be perfectly comfortable in someone's fastidious-looking place, they can't stand being in a lived-in-looking one. So I think I'm a lot more adaptable than they are cuz I don't stress over that stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics