Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 07:59 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,052,572 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):

Meet the "Honey-do List Fairy" you can call him Fred !!

What are the some of the items on the list that you will have Fred take care of ?

1) Clean out my basement
2) Go door to door to sell as many hoagies as he can to help benefit my daughter's high school prom
3) Go through all my shoes and throw out any I haven't worn in 2 years. Same with clothes. If it hasn't been worn in 2 years, throw it away.

Bonus Question:

Is the "time change" messing with anyone's "sleep schedule" ?

YES, but in a GOOD way...My body is thinking its 6 a.m. when its really 5 a.m., so I will kindly turn over and get another hour of rest..That's about the only thing I enjoy about this time change.

Extra Credit Question:

Who here also changed the batteries in their smoke detectors when they turned their clocks back ?

I never do.

(our newspaper said you should do this )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 08:10 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,862,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 115db View Post
Okay, start with cleaning the bathroom, washing my truck, make some pancakes, vacuum the living room and bring the dog in before the landlord gets here to cut down that dead tree out back!
Then, maybe you can play for awhile!
I don't know how to make pancakes, but I wonder if IHOP has pancakes to go...

Okay, if I do all of those things, will that give me a get out of the doghouse pass?

Old 11-02-2009, 08:12 AM

591 posts, read 663,917 times

Good morning everyone. I just got back from the gym. It feels so good to do a workout in the morning to start your day off. I have a goal to lose so much by Christmas. 1/2 LBS TO GO.

Today's Question(s):

What are the some of the items on the list that you will have Fred take care of ?

TO KEEP MY HOUSE AND FLOORS CLEAN FOR ONE YEAR.

Bonus Question:

NO IT FEELS GOOD TO SLEEP IN ONE HOUR LONGER.

I would like to give the person that claims "you get an extra hour of sleep" a piece of my mind, because now I wake up at
__4:30AM____ ?

Extra Credit Question:

Who here also changed the batteries in their smoke detectors when they turned their clocks back ?
I WAIT UNTIL IT BEEPS. LOL

HAVE A GREAT MONDAY EVERYONE.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:14 AM

591 posts, read 663,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum mike View Post
i don't know how to make pancakes, but i wonder if ihop has pancakes to go... :d

okay, if i do all of those things, will that give me a get out of the doghouse pass?
yes, they do. Tonight is senior night at our ihop, and we will be there.:d

Old 11-02-2009, 08:19 AM

1,678 posts, read 2,545,980 times
Good morning Karla...enjoy the weather and your garden!

I'm still at my sister's house...she's gradually getting better, so don't know if I'll be spending another night here...we'll see how she feels later in the day!

I would like to give the person that claims "you get an extra hour of sleep" a piece of my mind, because now I wake up at 5:30 a.m.!!

Today is:
National Deviled Egg Day...I love deviled eggs!
Split Pea Soup Day...My very favorite above any other soup...my grandma made the bestest!!!
Name your Car Day...Hubby does this...we drive Vicky right now (Ford Crown Victoria), but I miss my Betsy (my very own Buick!).

Have a marvelous Monday everyone...

Old 11-02-2009, 08:24 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,672,964 times
Today's Question(s):

Go to the coffee pot and get me another cup. Not much on my list.

Bonus Question:

No

I would like to give the person that claims "you get an extra hour of sleep" a piece of my mind, because now I wake up at ______ ?
I don't have a problem with sleep but I would like someone to explain how turning lights on at 6pm and off at 6am uses less energy than turning them on at 5pm and off at 5am

Extra Credit Question:

It only took 1 time of getting out of bed at 2am, getting a ladder, finding a battery to convince me to change them regularly. Time change is a great reminder.

Today in History:
1889 - North Dakota becomes 39th and South Dakota becomes 40th state
1904 - British newspaper, "Daily Mirror," begins publishing
1920 - 1st commercial radio station goes on air KDKA (Pittsburgh)
1947 - Howard Hughes' "Spruce Goose" flies for 1st (& last) time
1974 - Art Modell gets snowed in and misses his 1st Cleveland Brown game in 33 yrs

Word of the Day:
irenic \eye-REN-ik; -REE-nik\ , adjective;
1. Tending to promote peace; conciliatory.

Today is:
National Deviled Egg Day
Split Pea Soup Day
Traffic Directors Day
Look for Circles Day
Name your Car Day
Vegetarian Awareness - lol I am aware I do not like veggies
Notary Public Day - I am a Notary [/quote]

Old 11-02-2009, 08:26 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,862,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybee View Post
yes, they do. Tonight is senior night at our ihop, and we will be there.:d
I'm not a senior yet.. but I'm a "Senior" member on City Data, will they still give me a discount?

I don't know about eating pancakes at night, but I'll get them at night and put 'em in the fridge and eat them the next morning..

I'll Hop on over to IHOP.. then to my room..

Old 11-02-2009, 08:27 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,002,874 times
Today's Question(s):

Hi Fred

Honey-do lists were invented by wives/girlfriends to suck all of the fun out of a guys day off. Fred and I are going fishing. We will be back when we get back.

Bonus Question:

I did not need the "time change" to mess up my sleep schedule. I am highly successful in messing up my sleep schedule on my own.

I would like to give the person that claims "you get an extra hour of sleep" a piece of my mind, because now I wake up at ______ ?
If I do not set an alarm I still wake up at the crack of noon.

Extra Credit Question:

I tried to get the company to fly me 3000 miles home for the day just so I could change the batteries in the smoke detectors. However they said since I was 3000 miles away it probably would not jeopardize my safety much if the smoke detector failed to go off.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:12 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,695,693 times
Good Monday morning.....

Today's Question(s):
Only thing on the list here for Fred .....is he needs to help Latte' dhb to remove a flat screen 36' TV and cabinet which it is stored in and is very heavy, out today.....
Because tomorrow Latte' dhb is getting a new 42" plasma TV delivered .
So you could say that Latte' is being irenic...... with her dhb by saying yes dear on Saturday, you can have one w/a smile.....compromising for his wants, not needs.
When in all honesty he doesn't need a new TV because the other works perfectly fine.... lol !!!
I guess that is why Latte' has been married almost 38 yrs to the same man.....you learn to pick your battles and move on!!! LOL!!!

Bonus Question:
I would like to give the person that claims "you get an extra hour of sleep" a piece of my mind, because now I wake up at _well actually it is now the time I am use to. Because we moved and Latte' never has gotten use to being an hour ahead of the time she lived her entire life up till a year ago. Does that make sense to anyone....lol _?

Extra Credit Question:
No, didn't do that! They didn't need checking. Am on top of that always!
our newspaper said you should do this .....and it is a good idea if one is not in the habit of checking them periodically.

Today is:
National Deviled Egg Day..... does any one know why they gave this delicious treat such a name? What on earth do they have to do with the devil....
Split Pea Soup Day............... Yummmmm, love all soups!
Traffic Directors Day............
Look for Circles Day.............
Name your Car Day.............. OK, thank you!
Vegetarian Awareness......... love my veggies
Notary Public Day ...............

Old 11-02-2009, 09:20 AM

1,539 posts, read 3,190,627 times
Today's Question(s):

What are the some of the items on the list that you will have Fred take care of ? Hang up all the pictures (we just moved), put the curtains up, unpack the last 4 totes for me, spray off the porch.

Bonus Question:

Is the "time change" messing with anyone's "sleep schedule" ? Actually, now that it's been brought to my attention, I was strangely lying there "wide-awake" this morning at 6:30. Normally that does not happen . Since it was technically 7:30, it makes more sense now .

I would like to give the person that claims "you get an extra hour of sleep" a piece of my mind, because now I wake up at 6:30 ?

Extra Credit Question:

Who here also changed the batteries in their smoke detectors when they turned their clocks back ? Not I.

(our newspaper said you should do this ) It is a good idea. Also CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTORS are just as important. (sorry for the caps, but I'm hoping people notice!)

Today in History:
1889 - North Dakota becomes 39th and South Dakota becomes 40th state
1904 - British newspaper, "Daily Mirror," begins publishing
1920 - 1st commercial radio station goes on air KDKA (Pittsburgh)
1947 - Howard Hughes' "Spruce Goose" flies for 1st (& last) time
1974 - Art Modell gets snowed in and misses his 1st Cleveland Brown game in 33 yrs

Word of the Day:
irenic \eye-REN-ik; -REE-nik\ , adjective;
1. Tending to promote peace; conciliatory.

Today is:
National Deviled Egg Day
Split Pea Soup Day
Traffic Directors Day
Look for Circles Day
Name your Car Day
Vegetarian Awareness -
Notary Public Day - I'm a Notary for Alaska, but that doesn't help me anymore .

Have a great Monday everyone! It is going to be in the mid 80's here today, I'm wondering when it's going to cool down!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics