Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 05:30 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,537,039 times

Advertisements

Well, we're heading home to Kentucky here in a little while. It's always nice to visit but also nice to get home. Not a bad drive really I-75 to Chattanooga, Tn., then I-24 to within 5 miles of our driveway. Now if I could just get Atlanta and Nashville over on another road...lol

Today's Question(s):
Yesterday we asked "I really need to pull everything out of the __________ so it can be sorted and organized?" There were lots of great answers.

So of course today I have to ask

Did any of you get any of your answers done !!!! ? Hard to do when we're not home! lol

Bonus Question:

How often do you change your hair style ?
or
Have you had the same style for a number of years ?
Haven't in over 30 years. If it aint broke, don't fix it!

Extra Credit Question:

When a new neighbor moves in, do you:

Go over and knock on their door to welcome them to the neighborhood ?

If you should see them out front say "Hi" and introduce yourself ? This one. I like to wait till they're settled. All you need when you're trying to move stuff in the house from a truck is somebody coming up to say hi. I have been known to go help when it looks like they're having trouble getting something in the door.

Other ?

Just for Fun:

If there was a "neon Sign" flashing in front of your house, what would it say ? SHHHHHH!!! We're playing our Wii!
lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 05:36 AM

607 posts, read 1,334,053 times
Good morning and happy Monday, friends!

Did any of you get any of your answers done !!!! ?
Didn't even think about it! !!
Bonus Question:

How often do you change your hair style ? Rarely
or
Have you had the same style for a number of years ? The style is basically the same as it was 10 years ago. I do goof around with the color a bit.

Extra Credit Question:

If you should see them out front say "Hi" and introduce yourself ?
This is what I do.
Other ?

Just for Fun:

If there was a "neon Sign" flashing in front of your house, what would it say ? This is the friendly building- the crabs are next door!

Old 11-09-2009, 05:39 AM

36,420 posts, read 16,026,236 times
Today's Question(s):
Yesterday we asked "I really need to pull everything out of the __________ so it can be sorted and organized?" There were lots of great answers.

Uh no!!
Bonus Question:

How often do you change your hair style ? Very often, get bored quickly and it's just hair!
or

Extra Credit Question:

If you should see them out front say "Hi" and introduce yourself ? This one

Other ? they are so far away I probably wouldn't notice.

Just for Fun:

If there was a "neon Sign" flashing in front of your house, what would it say ?

"Go Away"

Old 11-09-2009, 05:40 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,671,039 times
[Yesterday we asked "I really need to pull everything out of the ______garage____ so it can be sorted and organized?" There were lots of great answers.

Did any of you get any of your answers done !!!! ? gotta give us more time Karla.
I planned to do this today but looks like I won't get to it today either

Bonus Question:

How often do you change your hair style ? prolly every 20 years.
or
Have you had the same style for a number of years ? yes.......15 to be exact.

Extra Credit Question:

Other ?

Depends. We have a welcoming committee but If it is someone near me......I'll bake something. Well I dont' bake......I'll }buy} a cake, pie or pasteries.

Just for Fun:

If there was a "neon Sign" flashing in front of your house, what would it say ? Suckers for a hard luck story live here.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:55 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,140,887 times
Good Morning!

Today's Question(s):

Nope!
Bonus Question:

or
I changed the bangs a little~thats it!

Extra Credit Question:

Done both~now it's just say hi!

Other ?

Just for Fun:

We take in stray cats!

Old 11-09-2009, 05:57 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,415,243 times
Today's Question(s):

Oh....You mean were suppose to actually DO IT?????
So....NO...and it probably won't until I actually need that bedroom.

Bonus Question:

It's the same only different. Every time I get it cut, I have them to something a little different, but I think, most times, I'm really the only one who knows it!
or

Extra Credit Question:

Other ? Which ever opportunity comes first between 1 and 2.

Just for Fun:

Car show today! We constantly have neighbors or people just driving by stopping if the garage doors are open.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:58 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,692,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Monday

It is a little bit warmer this morning here in NE FL, might have to turn the A/C on later

They say we have some big rains headed our way, so today will be "play in the garden" day. I want to move some plants from their pots to the garden and get some pots of herbs (Basil & Sage) started. Before I can do that I need to ask

Today's Question(s):

Did any of you get any of your answers done !!!! ? No, busy running around doing errands.

Bonus Question:

How often do you change your hair style ? Not very often.
or
Have you had the same style for a number of years ? Yes.

Extra Credit Question:

If you should see them out front say "Hi" and introduce yourself ? People here keep to themselves but I would probably say "Hi" and see if I got a response.

Other ?

Just for Fun:

Don't Disturb Unless You Were Invited.

Today in History:
1821 - 1st U.S. pharmacy college, Philadelphia
1858 - 1st performance of New York Symphony Orchestra
1967 - The first issue of "Rolling Stone" was published. John Lennon was on the cover.
1989 - The 27.9-mile-long Berlin Wall, the symbol of the Cold War that separated East and West Germany for 28 years, was opened. Both East and West German citizens celebrated their freedom as they once again were able to walk freely between the two states.

Word of the Day:

fungible \FUHN-juh-buhl\ , adjective;
1.Interchangeable.
2.(Law) Freely exchangeable for or replaceable by another of like nature or kind in the satisfaction of an obligation.
noun:
Something that is exchangeable or substitutable. Usually used in the plural.

Today is:
National Scrapple Day - No thanks.
For those that don't know scrapple Scrapple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Parade Day - They aren't as good as they were when I was a child.
Louie Louie Day - I remember this song and use to kid my brother all the time because that is his name.
National Farm Week - Buy American foods and keep the farmers working.
Neon Sign Day
Have a great day!

Old 11-09-2009, 05:59 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,018,330 times
Good morning everyone
Happy Monday

Today's Question(s):
Yesterday we asked "I really need to pull everything out of the __________ so it can be sorted and organized?" There were lots of great answers. So of course today I have to ask

Did any of you get any of your answers done !!!! ? A little of all of it (I have the attention span of a knat). Basically got excess papers cleared/shredded for the upcoming recycle person. Got garage semi done - any trash stuff ready for the trash man. Cleared out extra outdoor gardening stuff that I won't move long distance or donate - this is hugh for me - I'm one of those "You never know when you might need this~~~" Started going through the pile of magazines that I seem to accumulate - more paper G-O-N-E.

Bonus Question:

How often do you change your hair style ? The few times I have changed my hair I have not liked it so I stay with what works - sometimes it gets much longer, but it's still the same cut.

Extra Credit Question:

If you should see them out front say "Hi" and introduce yourself ? This - I don't get new neighbors often - people tend to move here and stay.

Just for Fun:

If there was a "neon Sign" flashing in front of your house, what would it say ? "Animal lady lives here" You can always tell what the neighbors are saying by talking to the kids in the neighborhood. 2 little girls brought a lost dog here one day, rang the bell and said "Are you the animal lady?" I had to stiffle a laugh - they are so honest. Yes, I took the dog and found the owner.

Today in History:
1821 - 1st U.S. pharmacy college, Philadelphia
1858 - 1st performance of New York Symphony Orchestra
1967 - The first issue of "Rolling Stone" was published. John Lennon was on the cover.
1989 - The 27.9-mile-long Berlin Wall, the symbol of the Cold War that separated East and West Germany for 28 years, was opened. Both East and West German citizens celebrated their freedom as they once again were able to walk freely between the two states. This was one of the biggest successes of history. How happy the East Germany people must have been,

Old 11-09-2009, 06:08 AM

48,124 posts, read 21,999,038 times
Today's Question(s):

I already cleaned the refrigerator this morning! Thanksgiving is coming and need the room and when guests are helping in the kitchen....it has to sparkle so the fridge, drawers and pantry all need organizing. the fridge is done....the pantry is done.....and the silverware drawer has been cleaned.
Bonus Question:

or

They told me BALD is beautiful so I am keeping it.

Extra Credit Question:

I would like to do this ..... but somehow I hold back....I am a bit reserved (shy).

I do this and welcome them to the neighborhood and tell them if they need help........

Just for Fun:

Not too likely!

Old 11-09-2009, 06:10 AM

1,477 posts, read 2,198,013 times
Happy Monday! I am back from my volunteer experience, and I think that the next time that I volunteer, I will make sure that I have some say in my participation up front

Today's Question(s):
Bonus Question:

or
Have you had the same style for a number of years ? This question is not relevant for me. But, if I am being technically, then I have had the same hair style for decades.

Extra Credit Question:

Go over and knock on their door to welcome them to the neighborhood ? Typically not.

If you should see them out front say "Hi" and introduce yourself ? I definitely do this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics