U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 06:32 AM

10,763 posts, read 8,886,918 times
[quote=Karla with a K;11544820]Good morning everyone
Happy Monday

It is a little bit warmer this morning here in NE FL, might have to turn the A/C on later

They say we have some big rains headed our way, so today will be "play in the garden" day. I want to move some plants from their pots to the garden and get some pots of herbs (Basil & Sage) started. Before I can do that I need to ask

[b]Today's Question(s):
Yesterday we asked "I really need to pull everything out of the __________ so it can be sorted and organized?" There were lots of great answers.

So of course today I have to ask

Did any of you get any of your answers done !!!! ? No. Yesterday I cleaned the bathroom and kitchen.

Bonus Question:

How often do you change your hair style ? My hair is naturally curly. I try not to cut it too often as it grows slowly.
or
Have you had the same style for a number of years ? Yes

Extra Credit Question:

When a new neighbor moves in, do you:

Go over and knock on their door to welcome them to the neighborhood ? No. I don't bother them and they don't bother me.

If you should see them out front say "Hi" and introduce yourself ? Yes.

Other ?

Just for Fun:

If there was a "neon Sign" flashing in front of your house, what would it say ? "Last single gal before tollbooth!" Just kidding.It would say, "Beware of dogs."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 06:37 AM

1,520 posts, read 750,003 times
Hello Everyone!

Today's Question(s):
Yesterday we asked "I really need to pull everything out of the __________ so it can be sorted and organized?" There were lots of great answers.

Did any of you get any of your answers done !!!! ? I didn't even get the QotD done so no -- It was too nice outside to be inside cleaning stuff out - will do that when it gets colder and I want to hibernate.

Bonus Question:

How often do you change your hair style ? maybe once a year - but not drastically

or
Have you had the same style for a number of years ?

Extra Credit Question:

Go over and knock on their door to welcome them to the neighborhood ?

If you should see them out front say "Hi" and introduce yourself ? This one

Other ?

Just for Fun:

If there was a "neon Sign" flashing in front of your house, what would it say ?
tough question......

Have a good week everyone!

Old 11-09-2009, 06:39 AM

3,972 posts, read 2,823,327 times
Today's Question(s):

Did any of you get any of your answers done !!!! ?

I was 100 percent successful in my endeavor to not organize anything.

Bonus Question:

How often do you change your hair style ?

Over the years I have continually change from a full head of hair to substancially less than a full head of hair.
or

Extra Credit Question:

If you should see them out front say "Hi" and introduce yourself ?

Usually this one.

Other ?

Just for Fun:

"Nobody's home"

Old 11-09-2009, 06:53 AM

2,043 posts, read 3,057,068 times
Bonus Question:

How often do you change your hair style?

Almost every other day.

Extra Credit Question:

If you should see them out front say "Hi" and introduce yourself?

If I see them out front I'll say "HI" and introduce myself.

Other ?

Just for Fun:

If there was a "neon Sign" flashing in front of your house, what would it say?

BEWARE OF HOMEOWNER

Old 11-09-2009, 06:53 AM

6,351 posts, read 12,548,901 times
Happy Monday (no, really!) All!

Today's Question(s):
Yesterday we asked "I really need to pull everything out of every closet in the house so it can be sorted and organized?" There were lots of great answers.

Did any of you get any of your answers done !!!! ? Are you kidding? We were too busy eating free Veteran's Day food yesterday!

Bonus Question:

How often do you change your hair style ? Ummm Never! (Wife likes my short "G.I. cut" hair. I tried the "combed back" look a few years ago; made me look even more like John Goodman (of the "Roseanne" TV show)
or
Have you had the same style for a number of years ? Yep!

Extra Credit Question:

Other ? I provide the "gift of gab" and Mrs. CC usually bakes something!

Just for Fun:

If there was a "neon Sign" flashing in front of your house, what would it say ? Sorry, I draw a blank on this one today. (I'll probably think of something clever tonight at work...)

Today in History:
1821 - 1st U.S. pharmacy college, Philadelphia
1858 - 1st performance of New York Symphony Orchestra
1967 - The first issue of "Rolling Stone" was published. John Lennon was on the cover. Dr. Hook wouldn't appear until a number of years later...
1989 - The 27.9-mile-long Berlin Wall, the symbol of the Cold War that separated East and West Germany for 28 years, was opened. Both East and West German citizens celebrated their freedom as they once again were able to walk freely between the two states. We were at Bitburg Air Base, Germany when it fell. We didn't get to Berlin until several years later, unfortunately. I often wish we'd seen Berlin while the wall was still up. Berlin is an awesome city, wall or no wall. Relatives of our neighbors in Bitburg drove their Trabant car to see them after the wall fell. I was amazed at how small and cheaply-built the Trabant was...

My wife taught at a "Gymnasium" (sorta like a vocational school with more of an academic curriculum) in Chemnitz (formerly "Karl Marx City" when the wall was still up). It was quite an education to see the East Germans transition from Communism to Capitalism... While they had a job security, inexpensive housing and free medical care, it was QUITE a shock having to suddenly compete with more efficient businesses. Unemployment skyrocketed. East Germans were taught to report any suspicious behavior by their neighbors to authorities. We saw what 40 years of neglect can do to buildings and infrastructure. What an eye-opening experience...

Word of the Day:

fungible \FUHN-juh-buhl\ , adjective;
1.Interchangeable.
2.(Law) Freely exchangeable for or replaceable by another of like nature or kind in the satisfaction of an obligation.
noun:
Something that is exchangeable or substitutable. Usually used in the plural.

Today is:
National Scrapple Day
For those that don't know scrapple Scrapple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Never wanted to try scrapple as a kid. But I recently tried Goetta (a local Cincinnati delicacy made from barley and sausage parts). I really enjoyed it as an omelette!

Parade Day I love a parade!!!
Louie Louie Day
National Farm Week
Neon Sign Day I don't drink beer but really like the neon beer advertising signs in bar windows...

Last edited by Crew Chief; 11-09-2009 at 07:13 AM..

Old 11-09-2009, 06:56 AM

8,640 posts, read 13,967,849 times
How often do I change hairstyle?:
Not often. Probably about once every 10 years. Usually, all my adult life I have worn it in some version of mid-length (just at or below shoulders with usually some degree of layering. In the eighties and earlie nineties, it was still that length but I wore it frizzy permed as that was the fashion then. Now it is straighter, no perm but still mid-length and layered.

New Neighbors?
I usually try to go over, introduce myself and give them a small welcome gift. This is neighbors in fairly close proximity to me like next door or across the street. If they live way down the block, I might not even know they had moved in.

Neon sign flashing in front of my house?

National Farm Day? I am doing Farmville now on Facebook! My mother grew up on a small cotton farm. We just recently helped her sell it. So we are out of the farm business now.

Last edited by kaykay; 11-09-2009 at 07:07 AM..

Old 11-09-2009, 06:59 AM

8,183 posts, read 10,801,637 times
Someone opened a can of humidity and dumped it on Florida....one of the side affects of hurricans lurking....
I'm back at work so before I try to find my desk.......

Today's Question(s):
This is a good one today trying to find my desk!

Bonus Question:

How often do you change your hair style ? ROFL
or
Have you had the same style for a number of years ? Same variation of the same for years!! It works...stick with it!
Extra Credit Question:

If you should see them out front say "Hi" and introduce yourself ? I'll do this one...we're starting to get a lot of renters so to be truthfull....I introduce myself if I happen to see them.
Other ?

Just for Fun:

Do not disturb unless you have a bike and want to ride lol.

Today is:
National Scrapple Day
For those that don't know scrapple Scrapple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Parade Day
Louie Louie Day
National Farm Week-Thank you farmers for all you do!!!
Neon Sign Day

I'll stick this out today as long as I can....I hope you all have a wonderful Monday!

Old 11-09-2009, 07:08 AM

41,931 posts, read 18,779,256 times
Today's Question(s):

LOL... Now I'm more confused than ever..

Bonus Question:

or
Ehh.. Not often enough, I tried that green hair color last week, but I couldn't get the spray paint to stay on my head.. I think it was because I forgot to spray the primer first.. I'll go to Lowe's or Home Cheapo next week to get the regular paint.

Extra Credit Question:

I heard that a Victoria's Secret model moved in across the street, so I went to introduce myself.. she turned out to be a retired VS model in her mid 70s... - I'm only kidding, and yes I do welcome them to the neighborhood, in fact a couple with a 2-year old son moved in across the street last month, after the house was on the market since April. I didn't knock on their door, but I talked to the guy when he was out at the community mailboxes with their son.

If you should see them out front, [do you] say "Hi" and introduce yourself ? (added missing words)
I only said hi to them when they were moving into the house last month... and I think that was when they regretted buying the house.. - I'm only kidding.

Just for Fun:

Hmmmm.... It would probably be a neon version of this sign..

Old 11-09-2009, 07:26 AM

4,913 posts, read 4,244,370 times

Did any of you get any of your answers done !!!! ? Nope

Bonus Question:

or
Have you had the same style for a number of years ? I had short hair for many, many years. A couple of years ago, I decided to start letting it grow out.

Extra Credit Question:

If you should see them out front say "Hi" and introduce yourself ? Yes

Other ?

Just for Fun:

If there was a "neon Sign" flashing in front of your house, what would it say ? No Soliciting

Old 11-09-2009, 07:29 AM

14,646 posts, read 12,737,979 times
Today's Question(s):

Did any of you get any of your answers done !!!! ? I didn't answer yesterday, so I don't have one today.

Bonus Question:

How often do you change your hair style ? Never
or
Have you had the same style for a number of years ? For around 20 years

Extra Credit Question:

Go over and knock on their door to welcome them to the neighborhood ? I would if anyone new moves into my neighborhood

Other ?

Just for Fun:

If there was a "neon Sign" flashing in front of your house, what would it say ? Anyone caught trespassing will be shot on sight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics