Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 08:17 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,461,760 times

Advertisements

These are our rules!
Please note.. these are all numbered '1 '
ON PURPOSE!

1. Men are NOT mind readers.

1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down.
You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.

1. Sunday sports It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.

1. Crying is blackmail.

1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one:
Subtle hints do not work!
Strong hints do not work!
Obvious hints do not work!
Just say it!

1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question..

1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become Null and void after 7 Days.

1. If you think you're fat, you probably are.
Don't ask us.

1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one

1. You can either ask us to do something Or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

1. Whenever possible, Please say whatever you have to say during commercials..

1. Christopher Columbus did NOT need directions and neither do we.

1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not A color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.

1. If it itches, it will be scratched..
We do that.

1. If we ask what is wrong and you say 'nothing,' We will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

1. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, Expect an answer you don't want to hear.

1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine ...Really.

1. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as baseball or motor sports

1. You have enough clothes.

1. You have too many shoes.

1. I am in shape. Round IS a shape!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 11:18 PM
bjh

59,900 posts, read 30,245,188 times
Good list, but on the toilet seat thing...a little kid can drown in an open toilet. It's happened. If kids are in the house, close the lid.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:39 PM

114,841 posts, read 65,612,410 times
That about covers it!!!

Old 11-18-2009, 04:50 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,292,706 times
Hubby will agree with many of these!

Old 11-18-2009, 12:24 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,714,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Good list, but on the toilet seat thing...a little kid can drown in an open toilet. It's happened. If kids are in the house, close the lid.
No one complains about the toilet seat thing around here since its a rule that the lid must be down. We sometimes put bleach tablets in it and don't want the cat drinking the water, playing in the water, or in one case, leaving her favorite toy in the water to be flushed.

Great list! Even though I'm female I agree with most of these.

Regarding the one about saying things to girls that can have multiple meanings, I'll admit that sometimes I'll ask my BF trick questions like that just to keep him on his toes, but he usually thinks about it and answers "no comment" or "I don't know".

Old 11-18-2009, 12:31 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,958,853 times
I actually agree with this list. wasnt really expecting to, but I do.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:05 PM
bjh

59,900 posts, read 30,245,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puru View Post
No one complains about the toilet seat thing around here since its a rule that the lid must be down. We sometimes put bleach tablets in it and don't want the cat drinking the water, playing in the water, or in one case, leaving her favorite toy in the water to be flushed....
We have one bathroom at the end of a hall. The cats love to tear down the hall, digging their claws into the carpet to gain speed and LEAP onto the toilet.

Once or twice one has gotten an unexpected bath when the lid was accidentally left up.

(No kitties were harmed in the making of this post. )

Old 11-18-2009, 09:26 PM

7,572 posts, read 8,993,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
We have one bathroom at the end of a hall. The cats love to tear down the hall, digging their claws into the carpet to gain speed and LEAP onto the toilet.

Once or twice one has gotten an unexpected bath when the lid was accidentally left up.

(No kitties were harmed in the making of this post. )
I'm from Peta - good thing you clarified that!!

Old 11-18-2009, 09:33 PM

7,572 posts, read 8,993,284 times
I must be in a goofy mood tonight because I'm finding everything to be funny - nope, haven't been nippin.

I also agree with this list, or at least, suspected many of these items - nice to have it down in print.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:43 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,607,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
These are our rules!
Please note.. these are all numbered '1 '
ON PURPOSE!

1. Men are NOT mind readers.

1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down.
You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.

1. Sunday sports It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.

1. Crying is blackmail.

1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one:
Subtle hints do not work!
Strong hints do not work!
Obvious hints do not work!
Just say it!

1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question..

1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become Null and void after 7 Days.

1. If you think you're fat, you probably are.
Don't ask us.

1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one

1. You can either ask us to do something Or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

1. Whenever possible, Please say whatever you have to say during commercials..

1. Christopher Columbus did NOT need directions and neither do we.

1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not A color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.

1. If it itches, it will be scratched..
We do that.

1. If we ask what is wrong and you say 'nothing,' We will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

1. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, Expect an answer you don't want to hear.

1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine ...Really.

1. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as baseball or motor sports

1. You have enough clothes.

1. You have too many shoes.

1. I am in shape. Round IS a shape!
You forgot to add, your favorite color is blue and your favorite ice cream flavor is vanilla.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics