Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 04:53 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Monday

Woo hoo doing the happy dance here in NE FL I just checked the weather and today is going to be 76 then YAY !! the cooler weather heads in. We should be in the mid 60 's with lows around 48 by Thursday

Wow on 3 more days till Thanksgiving As I just asked Hubby "Is it me or has November flown by
When we were little it seemed like it took forever for the Holiday's to get here.

Lots to do today,so let me get started with

Today's Question(s):

Don't laugh, but I am going to try to _________________ ?

Extra credit Question

Wow !! I never thought __________ would be so much work ?

Bonus Question:

Have you ever used the line "You are better at it than I am" to "convince" someone to do something you didn't want to do ?

lol if not, how many of you are now thinking "hmmm I need to give that a try" ?

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing that had you saying "Oh cool, I need one of those !!!!"

Today in History:
1897 - Pencil sharpener patented by J L Love
1899 - The first ‘Nickel-in-the-Slot’ (jukebox) debuted in the Palais Royal saloon in San Francisco. The unit, developed by Louis Glass, contained an Edison tinfoil phonograph with four listening tubes. There was a coin slot for each tube. 5 cents bought a few minutes of music.
1936 - 1st issue of Life magazine hit newsstands
1979 - Pink Floyd's "The Wall" released, sells 6 million copies in 2 weeks

Word of the Day:
panoply \PAN-uh-plee\ , noun;
1. A splendid or impressive array.
2. Ceremonial attire.

Today is:
National Espresso Day
Eat a Cranberry Day
National Military Families Recognition Day
Fibonacci Day
Buy Nothing Day
You're Welcome-giving Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 05:01 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,348,960 times
Don't laugh, but I am going to try to ____get out of bed earlier from now on so I can be first to answer the QOD_____________ ?

Extra credit Question

Wow !! I never thought ____raising children & taking care of a yard_____ would be so much work ?

Bonus Question:

Have you ever used the line "You are better at it than I am" to "convince" someone to do something you didn't want to do ?
oh, yeah!

Just for Fun:

hmmmm... I've got to think about that one.

Today in History:
1897 - Pencil sharpener patented by J L Love and the old one is still the best, after my $25 one crapped out on me, I bought the old fashioned kind for 10 bucks and it works great.
1899 - The first ‘Nickel-in-the-Slot’ (jukebox) debuted in the Palais Royal saloon in San Francisco. The unit, developed by Louis Glass, contained an Edison tinfoil phonograph with four listening tubes. There was a coin slot for each tube. 5 cents bought a few minutes of music.
1936 - 1st issue of Life magazine hit newsstands
1979 - Pink Floyd's "The Wall" released, sells 6 million copies in 2 weeks

Old 11-23-2009, 05:04 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,043,012 times
Don't laugh, but I am going to try to walk 1000 miles next year. Actually, I'm really determined to do it so we can even remove the words "going to try". It's my victory lap! (anyone who wishes to join me is welcome to do so!)

Sure - because a lot of the time, that person IS better at it than I am!

Eat a Cranberry Day

Did you know that the cranberry is also known as the bounce berry? The reason (I think) is because if you bounce it on a hard surface as it doesn't bounce, it's not fit for eating. Aaahhh the things you learn at Karla's QOTD!

Old 11-23-2009, 05:07 AM

1,995 posts, read 3,376,742 times
Good morning!

Today's Question(s):

Don't laugh, but I am going to try to get my kids to help me do some deep cleaning on the house ?

Extra credit Question

Wow !! I never thought staying at home would be so much work ?

Bonus Question:

Have you ever used the line "You are better at it than I am" to "convince" someone to do something you didn't want to do ? yes

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing that had you saying "Oh cool, I need one of those !!!!" a bodybugg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post

Did you know that the cranberry is also known as the bounce berry? The reason (I think) is because if you bounce it on a hard surface as it doesn't bounce, it's not fit for eating. Aaahhh the things you learn at Karla's QOTD!
ok now I have to go out and buy a bag of cranberries to give this a try !!!

though I better "test" this on the back patio rofl I can just see the neighbors faces as I am standing out in the driveway bouncing cranberries !!!

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,180,670 times
Today's Question(s):

Don't laugh, but I am going to try to and be the master chef on Thanksgiving

Extra credit Question

Wow !! I never thought trouble shooting an electrical problem in my sons vehicle would be so much work ?

Bonus Question:

I've done that when it was appropriate

Just for Fun:

Word of the Day:
panoply \PAN-uh-plee\ , noun;
1. A splendid or impressive array.
2. Ceremonial attire.

Today is:
National Espresso Day
Eat a Cranberry Day
Fibonacci Day
Buy Nothing Day
You're Welcome-giving Day[/quote]

Good morning to everyone and have an outstanding day!

Old 11-23-2009, 05:08 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,537,039 times
Today's Question(s):

Don't laugh, but I am going to try to help with some of the Thanksgiving cooking ?

Extra credit Question

Wow !! I never thought retirement would be so much work ?

Bonus Question:

Have you ever used the line "You are better at it than I am" to "convince" someone to do something you didn't want to do ? Several times

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing that had you saying "Oh cool, I need one of those !!!!"Once again...my Wii! lol

Old 11-23-2009, 05:09 AM

opps almost forgot to hold my spot so I can make page 1

whew lol that was close

Today's Question(s):

Don't laugh, but I am going to try to put the Santa hats on the "kids" and try to get then to sit next to each other so I can get a picture to include in the cards I am sending
lol this will probably include using frozen greenbeans as bribery. I have a feeling it may be a 2 person job but when I asked hubby if he wanted to help he just laughed

Extra credit Question

Wow !! I never thought trying to keep the lenses on my new glasses clean would be so much work ?

Bonus Question:

Have you ever used the line "You are better at it than I am" to "convince" someone to do something you didn't want to do ? wow I am not sure I have ever tried this line

oh yes !!!!!

Just for Fun:

I was watching Iron Chef the other night and the one Chef was using this tool that looked like one of those self inking address stamps. Alton said it contained hundreds of needles to tenderize meat !!! I told hubby I needed one. lol again he just laughed

Last edited by FLPL75; 11-23-2009 at 05:20 AM..

Old 11-23-2009, 05:09 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,184,960 times
Morning Karla & company it is still dark here and cool. Did the grocery shopping stuff yesterday so I am good to go on Thursday.

Don't laugh, but I am going to try to get 12 dozen eggs worth of noodles made today.

Wow !! I never thought running kids to & fro would be so much work ?

A stainless steel steamer during canning season.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:10 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,319,638 times
Good morning!

Today's Question(s):

Don't laugh, but I am going to try to convince hubby to get me a new stuffed animal for Christmas (and I don't mean an edible one, lol)

Extra credit Question

Wow !! I never thought getting a silly little document from our doctor's (for our insurance company) would be so much work

Bonus Question:

Have you ever used the line "You are better at it than I am" to "convince" someone to do something you didn't want to do ? Not sure

lol if not, how many of you are now thinking "hmmm I need to give that a try" ? I do need to give it a try!

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing that had you saying "Oh cool, I need one of those !!!!" I can't remember how it's called, but it's a device supposed to firm women's arms - saw that in a silly infomercial. So I told hubby "oh I need one of those"! Of course, it was a joke, but hubby told me he'd get me one for Christmas if I want to.

Today is:
National Espresso Day Espresso is too strong for me
Eat a Cranberry Day
Fibonacci Day
Buy Nothing Day
You're Welcome-giving Day

Have a nice day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics