U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 07:22 PM

14,725 posts, read 23,828,896 times
All we can do is play it by ear. See what unfolds. But a motorhome full of CD women? Thats gotta be a hoot in itself!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2007, 08:41 PM

9,342 posts, read 15,601,386 times
A motor home of CD anything would be a scary thing. As a matter of fact, a motorhome full of anything would be scary for me. Rance, come to Jax, we (the Jax CD contingent) will party. Then select a theme park and we can designate a nice hotel and meet up to visit the park(s). Too many rug rats at the lower-end hotels- I'm stayin someplace nice. But willing to get a suite and make mine the party room.

Rance, while you are here, you need to take a canoe ride and see gators, etc.... with your love of nature, you will love it.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:12 PM

7,384 posts, read 13,002,805 times
This just proves my point. 5 pages of posts and no one has grunted yet!

Old 05-18-2007, 09:57 PM

943 posts, read 1,752,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Well I for one don't hang out at the water cooler. I prefer the company of women vs men. We just don't have many women here at work. Maybe thats why when I go home, I tend to steer around "hangin with the guys", and will bring a dozen roses to the pretty bar maid that works up the street. She will talk to me all day long! I don't know how to answer your question really. There are some great guys I know that have no idea this site exsists! And there are some that do! Same goes for women...there are some wonderfull ladies that visit here. How come thay all live 3 to 5 thousand miles from me? Ain't life strange sometimes...

Rance in another life if I was single and lived in Alaska you would definatley be on my #1 list!!! I just cant see why you arent married yet?!?

Girls there a single, caring, good ooking man in Alaska ... go get him!

Last edited by Pixie Dust; 05-18-2007 at 10:06 PM..

Old 05-18-2007, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
A motor home of CD anything would be a scary thing. As a matter of fact, a motorhome full of anything would be scary for me. Rance, come to Jax, we (the Jax CD contingent) will party. Then select a theme park and we can designate a nice hotel and meet up to visit the park(s). Too many rug rats at the lower-end hotels- I'm stayin someplace nice. But willing to get a suite and make mine the party room.

Rance, while you are here, you need to take a canoe ride and see gators, etc.... with your love of nature, you will love it.
Well I reckon I can rent a manvan. And sleep in a real bed. And eat real food. And check out some gators. In a canoe? Ok. Since you put it that way...
Women...the dominant species. Don't ya just lovem!

pixie dust...not sure how to put this...I am gone 2 weeks at a time. I work 800+ miles from home. I tried the married thing living that life, and mine plus 200 other co workers, have failed over the years. I had no desire to punish myself a second time, in attempting it again. The single women option in my area is nill. Those that are single are bar flies, drunks or worse. Any decent prospect is already married or like I said...not into the old man being gone half the time. So I've been a hermit for nearly...16 years? OMG! But I have more, very nice lady friends than I can count! I take pride in that actually.
I'm not some sap scraping for a date! I really dig on meeting new people and making new friends. It's time I started living a little. My kids are grown and on their own. I am free as the breeze right now, but have a house to go home to. I'm just on that 2 and 2 schedule and likely will be another 20 years. Here's the gist...I only work 6 months out of a year, but make enough for the year...and have 6 months off to run rampant across the planet. Plus I live in paradise. Well to me it is. And you'd be surprised as to how many women find that a drag! I've recently discovered one that seems to like that way of life...and I am going all the way to Sweden to meet her. Not sure what the outcome will be...but if I can make just one more good friend out of the deal...it will all be worth it. I'm weird I know...but thats what I am! Not looking to just run out and get married...although I loved being married and miss it often...just looking to crawl out of the woods...and see whats out there. Destiny...who knows where it will take you. Sigh...

Old 05-18-2007, 10:41 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,905 posts, read 4,358,163 times
Well, if I'm "lucky," I will meet one of the guys on CD......who?? I won't tell right now!!

I think that C-D is great -- it allows people to be themselves, and to yet be vulnerable.

I'll let you guys know at the end of summer .... and no, it isn't Rance! He's got a sweetie in Sweden waiting for him!!

IRL ... well, we shall see....I hope it is the same IRL, as on C-D!! Now, who IS it??? Is it DeLaSalle??? Is it Cosmic??? Is it Ronzou??? (likes older women, maybe???)....or....is it really Rance because I'm from BUFFALO - the snow town -- originally??? Hmmmmmm.....

This is a great place to meet people....

Love this group!!! Everyone!! You guys are great!!! Thanks for all your support and feedback!!!

Old 05-18-2007, 10:42 PM

9,342 posts, read 15,601,386 times
No, get the camper. You've visualized your whole trip with you behind the wheel driving it. And you will want to steal away to the camper after being around us for a while! If the hotel won't let you stay in the parking lot, all Wal-Marts allow campers to park in their parking lots for the night.

Since you work so far from home, I think that you should consider getting a second home. I don't think that the issue is being gone half the time, but leaving somone housebound in Alaska winters half the time. What warmer climes are on the right flight schedule from your closest airports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Well I reckon I can rent a manvan. And sleep in a real bed. And eat real food. And check out some gators. In a canoe? Ok. Since you put it that way...
Women...the dominant species. Don't ya just lovem!

pixie dust...not sure how to put this...I am gone 2 weeks at a time. I work 800+ miles from home. I tried the married thing living that life, and mine plus 200 other co workers, have failed over the years. I had no desire to punish myself a second time, in attempting it again. The single women option in my area is nill. Those that are single are bar flies, drunks or worse. Any decent prospect is already married or like I said...not into the old man being gone half the time. So I've been a hermit for nearly...16 years? OMG! But I have more, very nice lady friends than I can count! I take pride in that actually.
I'm not some sap scraping for a date! I really dig on meeting new people and making new friends. It's time I started living a little. My kids are grown and on their own. I am free as the breeze right now, but have a house to go home to. I'm just on that 2 and 2 schedule and likely will be another 20 years. Here's the gist...I only work 6 months out of a year, but make enough for the year...and have 6 months off to run rampant across the planet. Plus I live in paradise. Well to me it is. And you'd be surprised as to how many women find that a drag! I've recently discovered one that seems to like that way of life...and I am going all the way to Sweden to meet her. Not sure what the outcome will be...but if I can make just one more good friend out of the deal...it will all be worth it. I'm weird I know...but thats what I am! Not looking to just run out and get married...although I loved being married and miss it often...just looking to crawl out of the woods...and see whats out there. Destiny...who knows where it will take you. Sigh...

Old 05-18-2007, 10:56 PM

But I have a second home (well I'm starting it)! It's on an island on a very large remote lake! And yes it's in Alaska.

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/9798/dsc0067gu8ao7.jpg (broken link)

And this is where I'll retire!
How about...you guys can come up and visit in the summer...and you can stay at my place...for free! How'd that be! BYB!

Old 05-18-2007, 10:59 PM

4,282 posts, read 6,410,372 times
WoW! It looks like a little slice of heaven on earth! I can completely understand why you would not want to move away from Alaska.

If I could talk my hubby into moving there I'd be packed in a flash.

Old 05-18-2007, 11:04 PM

943 posts, read 1,752,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Well, if I'm "lucky," I will meet one of the guys on CD......who?? I won't tell right now!!

I think that C-D is great -- it allows people to be themselves, and to yet be vulnerable.

I'll let you guys know at the end of summer .... and no, it isn't Rance! He's got a sweetie in Sweden waiting for him!!

IRL ... well, we shall see....I hope it is the same IRL, as on C-D!! Now, who IS it??? Is it DeLaSalle??? Is it Cosmic??? Is it Ronzou??? (likes older women, maybe???)....or....is it really Rance because I'm from BUFFALO - the snow town -- originally??? Hmmmmmm.....

This is a great place to meet people....

Love this group!!! Everyone!! You guys are great!!! Thanks for all your support and feedback!!!

OK Wisteria...Im dying to know who it is. Please do say!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics