U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-19-2007, 12:07 AM

943 posts, read 1,815,885 times

Advertisements

Rance, it trully is beautiful. I would never want to leave. I jst wouldnt be able to convince my hubbie. He couldnt do winter..me?? No problem I was born and raised in the windy city. Very used to -70 with windchill. Does it get colder than that??
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2007, 12:08 AM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,905 posts, read 4,590,999 times
Quote:
Pixie Dust: OK Wisteria...Im dying to know who it is. Please do say!!
Oh, I just can't say --- I'm superstitious -- I might jinx it!! But....I WILL keep you posted..... ........ maybe the co-conspirator will drop a hint.......

Old 05-19-2007, 12:19 AM

14,943 posts, read 25,074,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
No, get the camper. You've visualized your whole trip with you behind the wheel driving it. And you will want to steal away to the camper after being around us for a while! If the hotel won't let you stay in the parking lot, all Wal-Marts allow campers to park in their parking lots for the night.
Fer cryin out loud hif...make up my mind already!

Quote:
Since you work so far from home, I think that you should consider getting a second home. I don't think that the issue is being gone half the time, but leaving somone housebound in Alaska winters half the time. What warmer climes are on the right flight schedule from your closest airports?
Despite what you've heard...we are far from being house bound come winter in AK. I'm only a mile off the highway...and 10 miles from town. A very modern town. With movies, restraunts, shows, skiing, bars, shopping, more shopping, hotels motels holiday inns. We have TV and radio, telephones and internet, just everything. You can live in the boonies if you want to...the option is there...but I prefer to drive to town for groceries...not ordr them by phone and have them air dropped in! I'm remote...but accessible! And the big city is only 2 1/2 hour drive. Really...it's not all snow and ice here.

Old 05-19-2007, 12:21 AM

14,943 posts, read 25,074,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Dust View Post
Rance, it trully is beautiful. I would never want to leave. I jst wouldnt be able to convince my hubbie. He couldnt do winter..me?? No problem I was born and raised in the windy city. Very used to -70 with windchill. Does it get colder than that??
On the northern coast where I work...yes...at home 800 miles to the south...never. I did have 2 days of 35 below this winter. But for the most part...20's above. With rain in January usually.

Old 05-19-2007, 07:14 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,298 posts, read 10,982,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
A motor home of CD anything would be a scary thing. As a matter of fact, a motorhome full of anything would be scary for me. Rance, come to Jax, we (the Jax CD contingent) will party. Then select a theme park and we can designate a nice hotel and meet up to visit the park(s). Too many rug rats at the lower-end hotels- I'm stayin someplace nice. But willing to get a suite and make mine the party room.

Rance, while you are here, you need to take a canoe ride and see gators, etc.... with your love of nature, you will love it.
HIF... It's not fair. You just want to monopolize Rance. HE wants to get down to the Keys and we have to abide by his wishes!

Old 05-19-2007, 07:16 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 11,326,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzou View Post
Even though I'm going to college for computer science that topic is usually the last one from my mind when I start a conversation. It's not until someone else brings it up that the whole conversation goes down the garbage disposal. I mean yeah that's going to be my future job, but why in the world do I want to talk about it now. I rather talk about motorcycles, video games, road trips, California. Stuff like that.

I wouldn't mind fifty women lined up to date me. Heck, I wouldn't even mind one! I'm just no so lucky.

And like Rance said. Even though where I live there are plenty of ladies, it just seems like the ones I like don't live anywhere near me. Which is why I'm moving! Find somewhere I can find some ladies! =D
I'm in line, Ronzou!

Old 05-19-2007, 07:17 AM

4,281 posts, read 6,706,864 times
Rance, you might want to lie low for awhile. They're begining to fight over you now.

Old 05-19-2007, 07:22 AM

Oh MY, THAT is beautiful scenery. Just gorgeous. I'm very jealous!
Hey, I can visit Alaska! I don't mind hubby gone for 2 weeks at a time. :-)) I like to have some space occasionally. I've got an idea. While you're off at work those two weeks, can I like hop over maybe to Hawaii or something? And then for the 6 month stretch, maybe some Caribbean islands and cross-country "research"??

If the winters were just a little itty bitty not so brutal...........

Old 05-19-2007, 07:23 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 11,326,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfask View Post
rance and hif
we could start here in jax and pick up those along the way and all meet up at the roller coasters.

hmmmm if rance should bring home a souviner from sweden I can give you all the scoop after we meet up with him in Alaska in Aug
lol rance you will have a busy month
Sweden then the Florida invasion
hey I almost know all the words to "climb every mountian" I only have 3 months left to learn the rest.

Wooo hooo our travel agent called today she just saved us $500 on our cruise that will buy lots of moose food

karla
Hey, guys, don't forget me on the Rance trip. I'll be one of the last stops before you get VP. I'll wait on the front steps for y'all!

Old 05-19-2007, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
Rance, you might want to lie low for awhile. They're begining to fight over you now.
OK who wants the first punch????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics