Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 06:26 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,391,518 times

Advertisements

Today's Question:
Are your presents still under the tree or have they all been put away ? When do you "take down Christmas" ?
Some presents are, shall we say, finding a home. Christmas things should stay up at least a couple of days. New Year's is a good time for that.

Bonus Question:
Do you have your 2010 calender ? Did you buy it or was it given to you ?
Bought a 2010 calendar in November. Should have waited for half price after Christmas!

Extra Credit Question:
When you get a new electronic item or appliance, how long do you keep the boxes ?
Depends on what it is. I have some boxes for items throughout their "lifespan" when they get a proper "burial" in them. Some boxes might get reused. Really large ones get recycled.

Just for Fun:
What is on your "To Do" list for today ?
One: Tylenol for my aching back. I should have never volunteered to hold the reins on eight tiny reindeer while Santa worked at millions of houses around the world.

Two: back to work which I did and got good things done. A nice feeling.

Three: home to dinner and maybe a movie in the DVR.

Today is:
National Chocolate Candy Day everyday
Snap and Crack Your Gum Day reminds me of Flo of Kiss my grits! fame
Call-a-Friend Day good idea, what shall I call him? but really, a good idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 09:03 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,348,592 times
Everything is put away. Since I'm on my own now, I don't decorate.

Have 3 2010 calenders.

Most boxes are destroyed and thrown away.

No "to do" list.

"Call a friend Day"--I did, it was her birthday.

Old 12-29-2009, 03:31 AM

114 posts, read 243,788 times
Hello Tuesday, sat here at 10.30am answering Monday's question. You are going to have to get up earlier for all of us Brits out here I'm afraid!

At last, a day in the UK which is not another bank holiday - we don't get many but when we get them we get them in bulk!!

When do you "take down Christmas" ?
As early as I can get away with, usually about 1st January, and that is classed as early.

Do you have your 2010 calender ?
Well I am told I have a scenes of Kentucky (or unseen scenes of Kentucky) calendar over in Kentucky which is still waiting to be sent over and as I only received a post card written early Sept on 24th Dec I don't actually know if I will ever get to use Jar/Feb/March etc. I am going to have to nag for it to be posted over.

What is on your "To Do" list for today ?
As this is yesterday's question it is all done!

Word of the Day
surreptitious \suhr-uhp-TISH-uhs; suh-rep-\ , adjective;
1. Done, made, or gotten by stealth.
2. Acting with or marked by stealth.
As my son unpacked his car after arriving home a couple of days before Christmas he surreptitiously dumped two weeks worth of dirty washing in front of the washing machine whilst I nipped upstairs.

Happy Tuesday, nearly time for lunch here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics