Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 09:02 AM

12,973 posts, read 3,223,592 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):

When was the last time you said or wanted to say "Not Helping !!!" ?
Very frequently...when my hubby makes dumb jokes when I'm in the middle of something that takes concentration and focus.

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you said or wanted to say "It's about time" ? Once again..blanker than a toy pistol!

Extra Credit Question:

For those that are single and for those when you were single what is or was a "Dating Deal Breaker" or "Turn off" ? lack of conversation on the date (silence) or an inflated ego! (annoying) Cheapness was also a biggy!!1

Just for Fun:

Do any of our QOTD family have any New Years Day Traditions ?

No, I do not have any New Years Day traditions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 09:52 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,670,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
I believe all auto mechanics are guilty of this. Sams Club has a double package gloves ($so cheap) that can be worn while working. Simple Solution!
I have to defend my fellow mechanics. People who do not make their living with their hands have no idea important feel is. A surgeon has a nurse slap a tool into his hand. Nobody slaps a 1/8" set screw into a mechanic's hand. He has to find it. Then after you find it you need to get it turned so you can insert it in the right direction. Frequently this is done without being able to see the screw. Constant use also makes a mechanic's skin tougher. Add gloves to this and some tasks become very difficult. So please excuse our sometimes dirty fingernails.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:16 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
When was the last time you said or wanted to say "Not Helping !!!"? Yesterday while shopping in Menards with my hubster. I have a plan of attack, and he's bouncing around the store like a kid on junk food!

When was the last time you said or wanted to say "It's about time"? I said it Christmas Day! A certain person actually, finally, never thought I would ever see it... brought a dish to a family get-to-gether!

For those that are single and for those when you were single what is or was a "Dating Deal Breaker" or "Turn off"? Flirting with someone else like the bartender!

Do any of our QOTD family have any New Years Day Traditions? Trying to keep me awake long enough to say "Happy New Year"!

Old 12-30-2009, 10:18 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
Today's Question(s):

Hummmm come to think of it I don't think I have ever said that.

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you said or wanted to say "It's about time" ?
This morning when hubby put air in his cars tires.

Extra Credit Question:

For those that are single and for those when you were single what is or was a "Dating Deal Breaker" or "Turn off" ?
Goodness, I can't remember back to that
Just for Fun:

Hubby has football, me I take down the Christmas decorations.

Today in History:
1917 - It was -32 degrees F (-36 degrees C) in Mountain City, Tennessee and Lewisburg, WV (state records)
1924 - Edwin Hubble announces existence of other galactic systems
1963 - "Let's Make A Deal," debuts on NBC-TV
1970 - Paul McCartney sues his bandmates to dissolve the Beatles
1980 - "Wonderful World of Disney," last aired on NBC-TV

Word of the Day:
presage \PRES-ij; pri-SEYJ\ , noun;
1. An indication or warning of a future event; an omen.
2. A feeling or intuition of what the future holds.

Today is:
National Bicarbonate of Soda Day
Let's Make a Deal Day
Falling Needles Day
It's About Time! Day

Old 12-30-2009, 10:20 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,610,910 times
Today's Question(s):

When was the last time you said or wanted to say "Not Helping !!!" ? Daily. As the old saying goes, I help those that help theirselves! Can't stand when some lazy crybaby constantly asks for help! Sorry for the rant!

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you said or wanted to say "It's about time" ? When above people decide to do their own job!

Extra Credit Question:

For those that are single and for those when you were single what is or was a "Dating Deal Breaker" or "Turn off" ? Not being dependable, being lazy, sloppy, untrustworthy, a smoker,heavy drinker or doesn't like animals!!! Me thinks I am a bit picky!!! STUPIDITY will bring everything to a screaching halt. One date was so bad, I excused myself from the table and never returned. They said the person waited a good while for my return!

Just for Fun:

Do any of our QOTD family have any New Years Day Traditions ? We have a great one!! Called "sleeping in"".

Old 12-30-2009, 10:35 AM

24,447 posts, read 25,978,821 times
When the kids just stand around and see you struggling with a difficult job.

Bonus Question:

When said kids return something they borrowed.

Extra Credit Question:

For those that are single and for those when you were single what is or was a "Dating Deal Breaker" or "Turn off" ?
Seems like I've been married my whole life.

Just for Fun:

Nope, none here.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:46 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post

Inhales food or chews with his mouth open

Jaxson, on proper eating manners, I think belching is also a turn-off for most women...

Old 12-30-2009, 11:08 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Jaxson, on proper eating manners, I think belching is also a turn-off for most women...
Ya got that right.

Old 12-30-2009, 11:43 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,670,577 times
Today's Question(s):

Older son was here changing a half shaft on his car. It seems like he can't do anything without me helping.

Bonus Question:

Extra Credit Question:

Can I see the hands of all those who were not or are not single? That's what I thought.

Just for Fun:

I add 1 to the year, unlike all the computers were expected to do 10 years ago.

Today in History:
1917 - It was -32 degrees F (-36 degrees C) in Mountain City, Tennessee and Lewisburg, WV (state records)
1924 - Edwin Hubble announces existence of other galactic systems
1963 - "Let's Make A Deal," debuts on NBC-TV
1970 - Paul McCartney sues his bandmates to dissolve the Beatles
1980 - "Wonderful World of Disney," last aired on NBC-TV

Word of the Day:
presage \PRES-ij; pri-SEYJ\ , noun;
1. An indication or warning of a future event; an omen.
2. A feeling or intuition of what the future holds.
Mike will get sent to his room.

Today is:
National Bicarbonate of Soda Day
Let's Make a Deal Day
Falling Needles Day
It's About Time! Day[/quote]

Old 12-30-2009, 11:49 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,015,656 times
Yikes I can not believe tomorrow is NYE !! 2009 just flew by
We are all another year older, another year wiser and it was another wonderful year spent with the terrific QOTD family !!! Ditto!

Today's Question(s):

When was the last time you said or wanted to say "Not Helping !!!" ? The time the remains permanently planted in my brain is when my mother sent my brother to Denver to help me move back to MN I won't go into detail here but my workload went way up and once again I had to put up with his rotten attitude. Never again~~~~~~

Bonus Question:

When it finally stopped snowing this past week. Oh no!! I just let the dogs out and it's snowing again - eeeeekkk!

Extra Credit Question:

For those that are single and for those when you were single what is or was a "Dating Deal Breaker" or "Turn off" ? Hmmmmm - I vote for many that others have mentioned but the absolute worst date I was ever on, and it was blind date, was one that a lady I worked with in Denver set up because "We would be absolutely PERFECT for one another". I was freshly divorced and not too keen on jumping back into the "game" just yet but I agreed. We (yes, she picked me up) met at a local bar. The entire evening was spent with the two of them talking about old times in Kansas. ALL night. If I tried to join the conversation I got a look like "What would you know about it". When we pulled into my driveway she said "Wasn't that fun - would you be interested in going out with him again? I could tell he likes you" NO! A few days later she said I intimidated him And that would be because??????????????????????

Just for Fun:

Do any of our QOTD family have any New Years Day Traditions ?Only that, it is a day when everyone does exactly as they please, which usually means, being extremely lazy - watching TV, reading, soaking in the tub - whatever.

[+] Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics