Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 02:12 PM

1,408 posts, read 5,089,188 times

Advertisements

I posted first on the Religion forum, but days later, MoMark's death is still on my mind. How much I miss someone that I didn't know personally - only through CD. My prayers continue for his family.

MoMark...I know you're in heaven and I'm sure you're having some good conversations with many in your company there too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2007, 02:43 PM

686 posts, read 3,712,229 times
Default Very Sorry

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. Best wishes to you and his family. Best wishes to your other friend as well.

Daniel

Old 05-23-2007, 02:52 PM

617 posts, read 2,818,583 times
Oh my goodness. I can't believe this. God bless all of MoMark's family and friends. I will miss Matthew's posts, and his insight. I know he has moved on to a better place, better than we could ever imagine.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:39 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,195,764 times
I find myself thinking of his twin sister. It must be like losing a part of yourself.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:49 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,129,359 times
So sorry, please pray for his family.

Old 05-23-2007, 04:47 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,387,871 times
May he rest in peace.
How sad to hear.

Old 05-23-2007, 04:49 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,933,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I have very sad news about our friend, MoMark. Apparently, he had a cold that deepened into pneumonia, and he never recovered. He passed on May 13th (Mother's Day). This is not a joke. I asked him for "outside CD" contact info in case there was ever another ice storm or other situation where we'd be worried about him. I e-mailed him when he hadn't posted for a couple of weeks, and his twin sister sent me a reply detailing what had happened. I'm sure many of us will miss him here; I know I already do.

On a similar note, a good friend of mine had a stroke a few weeks ago. She should make a full recovery, but she's only in her early 40s. Please find your dream and go for it, whatever it is. And make sure you tell people close to you that you love them. You may not have the chance tomorrow.

OMG! I can't believe it, I felt like I knew him personally. He will be missed. This is horrible news. May he rest in peace.

Old 05-23-2007, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I found out this afternoon, Pixie. His twin said that it's a "huge, shocking and tragic loss", but she appreciates how interesting and intelligent he was, and what varied interests he had. *sigh* People in my "real life" would be stunned to know how sad I am about this.

Please pass on our condolences to his twin, I can only imagine how much pain she is in right now. I have twins myself boy and girl and they are very close.

Old 05-23-2007, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittle View Post
As I signed in just moments ago, I saw the banner dedicated to the passing of MoMark. I felt a wrench in my gut and chocked back tears! How terribly, terribly sad. Many were the days that I logged in just to read MoMark's posts. He was incredibly brilliant, incredibly wise and a truly decent human being. The world has lost a good man - I'm sure there were many crowns awaiting him in Heaven as he was greeted by his Holy Father. May his family and friends feel God's love and peace.

Rest, MoMark. Rest.

Me too, except I can't choke the tears down they are flowing.

Old 05-23-2007, 05:07 PM

5 posts, read 10,422 times
Default Thank you all for loving my friend

Wow! I always knew how special Matt was to me, as I had the pleasure of knowing him the "non virtual" world. In fact, he has been my rock for over seven years now. He was my friend, my best friend, the person I turned to for every celebration, every cry, every frustration, every everything! We started as co-workers and fast became the best of friends well past leaving our old place of employment!

I did not know that he was part of CD until I googled about divorce after my husband decided to leave me for the next door neighbor. Low and behold I came across the thread where he shared what I was going through in an effort to find support and help for me. He called every lawyer in my city, interviewed them all, made an appointment for me, and was my distant shoulder to cry on. I know that I frustrated him sometimes by my feelings of loss and hurt (as he just couldn't understand why I couldn't just say "good bye to the loser"), but he never once judged me, never once had anything bad to say to me, just that he was there no matter what I needed.

In fact, one of my greatest worries was not having medical insurance if I lost my job (as I have a pre-existing condition). And in usual Matt form, he instantly said that if it came to that, we would be married. Now please understand, Matt and I loved each other, but we didn't LOVE each other. But that gesture truly showed the type of man he is.

I wanted to let you all know that I did send his sister Rebecca the "divorce thread" for her to read. I will also send her this one. I know that she is looking for any thoughts, remembrances, etc. that people have about Matt so she can compile them and share them with their mother and father. I will be sharing many, in addition to the pictures I have.

I also wanted to let you know that Rebecca and their mother decided to plant a red maple at Matt's grave site. So if any of you know of any place that you can plant a red maple as well, that would be perfect. You see, Matt was over 6 ft tall, thin and thin can be, and had beautiful red hair. He was strong, loving, and beautiful inside and out. I cannot think of a better tribute then for him to look down and see all the beautiful red maple trees in his honor!

If there were only a way to make them as special as he was! My greatest memories are of how he made me laugh. Either by his loud laugh, his doing cart wheels down the hallways at work, digging into an entire German chocolate cake (his favorite) and never gaining a pound, always finishing my meals (as I never could), etc. He was a joy!!!

My goal is to now live to be the person he saw me as. To be as special and loving as he was. To see the world at its best. To love life and to love others. He always ended every phone call or every email to me with "I am sending you a big hug until your eye's bulge out" and now whenever I think of that I feel is arms around me.

Thank you all for loving him as I did. He was and is the best man I have ever known!!
Kathi
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics