Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 08:59 AM

25,449 posts, read 11,726,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Today's Question(s):

The “Shopping Spree Fairy” is paying you a visit today! She is coming to give you an unlimited shopping spree to any one store you want.

What store will you be enjoying your shopping spree at?
Anything special you plan to get there?
Hmmm... Okay, I won't make any jokes about this, but I'll pick a grocery store and shop for a lot of food to send to the earthquake-ravaged citizens of Haiti.
That's very kind of you M. Mike... we may just have to release you from the dog house for a little bit today for being so kind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 09:38 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,530,753 times
Hey SCGuy...you picked my favorite fairly! Me loves to go shopping!!!

The “Shopping Spree Fairy” is paying you a visit today! She is coming to give you a unlimited shopping spree to any one store you want.

What store will you be enjoying your shopping spree at?Right now would be either Lowe's or Home Depot.
Anything special you plan to get there? All new appliances and new cabinets.

Bonus Question:

Have you ever returned an item to a store for a refund after having used it?
No..I'm not a return person.

Extra Credit Question:
In honor of “National Compliment Day”:

Is there a poster here on City-Data that you would like to give a compliment to? Everbody and the mods too!

Just for Fun:

When was the last time you wanted to tell somebody... “Just do it!”?OMG My co worker...she spends more time telling people how busy she is. If she'd just do it she's get alot more done!

Have a wonderful Sunday everybody!

Old 01-24-2010, 10:06 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,610,910 times
Today's Question(s):

The “Shopping Spree Fairy” is paying you a visit today! She is coming to give you a unlimited shopping spree to any one store you want.

What store will you be enjoying your shopping spree at? Western wear and tack!!

Anything special you plan to get there? Boots, hat, new saddle, another duster!! I could go on forever!

Bonus Question:

Have you ever returned an item to a store for a refund after having used it? no

Extra Credit Question:

Is there a poster here on City-Data that you would like to give a compliment to? Too many to name, but Charley and Karla are right up there! Your there too dear!

Just for Fun:

When was the last time you wanted to tell somebody... “Just do it!”? Pretty much every day when I hear people whine about what they can't do!!! Can't ride a bull if ya don't get on!!

Today is:
Beer Can Appreciation Day Full one please!

This Week is:
Healthy Weight Week Trying
Hunt For Happiness Week already have her!

Kiss A Shark Week would, but I don't have one!
National Take Back Your Time Week gave up on that one!

Old 01-24-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetie Pie View Post

Today's Question(s):

The “Shopping Spree Fairy” is paying you a visit today! She is coming to give you a unlimited shopping spree to any one store you want. Boys R Us!!!

Old 01-24-2010, 10:17 AM

25,449 posts, read 11,726,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetie Pie View Post

Today's Question(s):

The “Shopping Spree Fairy” is paying you a visit today! She is coming to give you a unlimited shopping spree to any one store you want. Boys R Us!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutime View Post
Believe me... you don't want to know!

Old 01-24-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy View Post
Believe me... you don't want to know!
I'm sure your right!

Old 01-24-2010, 10:30 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
Today's Question(s):

What store will you be enjoying your shopping spree at? Only ONE? That's a toughie since I have many different items on my "wish list"--from herbal products to health foods to clothing to.......hmmmmm......now that I think of it.......I could use a new car! And I want a rugged, smaller SUV with 4WD that gets great gas mileage.

Anything special you plan to get there? I'll have to look over my choices to get my "perfect car".

Bonus Question:

Have you ever returned an item to a store for a refund after having used it? Once, I have to admit. I need a matching purse for the dress I had chosen for my son's wedding and returned it the day after the wedding.

Extra Credit Question:

Is there a poster here on City-Data that you would like to give a compliment to? Too many to count but you're on the list, SCG.

Just for Fun:

When was the last time you wanted to tell somebody... “Just do it!”? "Just do it". Hmmmmm......is that anything like "Get off your lazy arse and get busy"?

Today in History:
1901 1st games played in baseball's American League
1902 Denmark sells Virgin Islands to USA
1922 Eskimo Pie patented by Christian K Nelson of Iowa
1935 1st canned beer, "Krueger Cream Ale," is sold by Kruger Brewing Co
1958 After warming to 100,000,000ø, 2 light atoms are bashed together to create a heavier atom, resulting in 1st man-made nuclear fusion
1964 24th Amendment to US Constitution goes into effect
1984 The first Apple Macintosh goes on sale.
1991 "Les Miserables" opens at Theatre St Denis, Montreal
1994 Dow Jones closes above 3,900 for 1st time (3,914.48)

Word of the Day:
embargo • \im-BAHR-goh\ • noun
1 : an order of a government prohibiting the departure of commercial ships from its port.
*2 : a legal prohibition on commerce
3 : stoppage, impediment; especially : prohibition

Today is:
Belly Laugh Day That should be EVERY day.
National Compliment Day This, too.
"Just Do It" Day Sound like New Years Day resolutions.
National Peanut Butter Day Yum. Love peanut butter.
Lobster Thermidor Day Not for me. Don't like lobster.
Beer Can Appreciation Day Yes, a special day for the lowly beer can.

This Week is:
Healthy Weight Week Just ONE week???? (I'm almost back down to my "fighting weight")
Hunt For Happiness Week Look no further than within yourself.
National Creative Frugality Week For those of us on fixed incomes, it's "Creative Frugality Week" for the rest of our lives. (I've become very good at this. CD even has a forum section for this.)
National Meat Week When is Vegetarian Week????
Kiss A Shark Week You've GOT to be kidding!!!
National Take Back Your Time Week Huh? Makes no sense.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:53 AM

1,526 posts, read 1,210,889 times
Good Morning. Power outages do not make it very easy to "play" on the internet. We finally got rid of the ice off the trees and power lines! That is such a good thing!

Today's Question(s):

What store will you be enjoying your shopping spree at? Depends - do I have to pay the taxes, insurance and such on what I get? If so, I will stick to either books or clothes.

Anything special you plan to get there? If all expenses are paid - then I would like a few old school cars. Chevelles, Corvettes, Camaros... and maybe a new SUV or 2 (one for DH and one for me). Or a Real Estate "store".......

Bonus Question:

Have you ever returned an item to a store for a refund after having used it? If it didn't work/fit correctly or broke right away - yes.

Extra Credit Question:

Is there a poster here on City-Data that you would like to give a compliment to? The QotD crew! The mods and many of the other topics players.

Just for Fun:

When was the last time you wanted to tell somebody... “Just do it!”? Wanted to... hmmm.... Oh! Friday!

Just a few pics to entertain you....
Hope everyone has a great day!
Attached Thumbnails
"Today's Question" - Sunday, January 24, 2010-bubba-1-042.jpg   "Today's Question" - Sunday, January 24, 2010-bubba-1-038.jpg   "Today's Question" - Sunday, January 24, 2010-bubba-1-054.jpg   "Today's Question" - Sunday, January 24, 2010-bubba-1-069.jpg  

Old 01-24-2010, 11:01 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Today's Question(s):

Probably Wal-Mart, get more for your money

Everything? That's what I need.....silverware, dishes, dish towels, dish cloths, bedding, groceries etc.

Bonus Question:

Have you ever returned an item to a store for a refund after having used it?
Guilty

Extra Credit Question:

Is there a poster here on City-Data that you would like to give a compliment to?
Yes! Thank you SCG for doing such a great job on the QOTD!!

Just for Fun:

When was the last time you wanted to tell somebody... “Just do it!”?
Every single day

Today is:
Belly Laugh Day..................Does a body good!
National Compliment Day......I have no problem giving them
"Just Do It" Day..................please!!
National Peanut Butter Day...yay!
Lobster Thermidor Day.........never had it but I love lobster
Beer Can Appreciation Day....well now the glass bottles feel left out

Old 01-24-2010, 11:26 AM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
[quote=Magnum Mike;12587933][b]Today's Question(s):

The “Shopping Spree Fairy” is paying you a visit today! She is coming to give you an unlimited shopping spree to any one store you want.

Hmmm... Okay, I won't make any jokes about this, but I'll pick a grocery store....

C'mon Mike, fess up, in the back of your mind the first thought was Victoria's Secret...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics