U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-11-2010, 09:32 AM

16,167 posts, read 16,325,181 times

Advertisements

Supposedly this is a true story but whether it is or isn't it's pretty funny.

HOW TO CALL THE POLICE WHEN YOU'RE OLD AND DON'T MOVE FAST ANYMORE.

Phillip Hewitson, an elderly man, from Norwich UK, was going up to bed, when his wife told him that he'd left the light on
in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window.

George opened the back door to go turn off the light, but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things.

He phoned the police, who asked "Is someone in your house?"

He said "No," but some people are breaking into my garden shed and stealing from me.

Then the police dispatcher said "All patrols are busy. You should lock your doors and an officer will be along when one is available."

George said, "Okay."

He hung up the phone and counted to 30.

Then he phoned the police again. "Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people stealing things from my shed. Well you don't have to worry about them now because I just shot them." and he hung up.

Within five minutes, Six Police Cars, a SWAT Team, a Helicopter, two Fire Trucks, a Paramedic, and an Ambulance showed up at the Hewitson`s' residence, and caught the burglars red-handed.

One of the Policemen said to Phillip, "I thought you said that you'd shot them!"

Phillip said, "I thought you said there was nobody available!"

Don't mess with old people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 10:58 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,530,140 times
Rather it's true or not...I Love It!

Thanks for sharing.
Okie

Old 02-11-2010, 01:57 PM

99,500 posts, read 26,517,163 times
Good one Lisa. Amazingly our city police force has grown by leaps and bounds in recent years. Salaries have skyrocketed and training facilities of every sort now have been built and implemented. Now we're being told Police will only respond or/respond immediately, to certain types of calls. This approach might be a good test of their new system.

Old 02-11-2010, 03:03 PM

14,939 posts, read 7,071,019 times
Good one Lisa!

Old 02-11-2010, 03:28 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,042 posts, read 7,964,334 times
That was hilarious!!! Tried to rep you for that one, but I must have recently repped you...

Old 02-11-2010, 06:27 PM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,373 posts, read 3,872,660 times
Now that was excellent

Old 02-11-2010, 08:38 PM

131,620 posts, read 44,120,723 times
Just so ya know I'm a cranky old person. I have a response already ready. I'll just tell them how many body bags to bring with they get around to coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics