U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-10-2011, 08:24 PM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,373 posts, read 3,853,950 times

Advertisements

Wow been traveling the past 2 months and finally made it home for a day or two and did nothing but laundry and swept and mopped floors just to get ready to go out again in the morning..

Sun shinning all day and it was a gorgeous day today!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 12:35 AM

25,085 posts, read 8,855,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbl-r View Post
Wow been traveling the past 2 months and finally made it home for a day or two and did nothing but laundry and swept and mopped floors just to get ready to go out again in the morning..

Sun shinning all day and it was a gorgeous day today!
What a man... What a man... What a mighty good man. Uncle Sam says all he's looking for are a few good men, but all I looking for is u I'm up and likely my night will float right into my morning. I would love to play

Old 04-14-2011, 05:49 AM

11,711 posts, read 9,972,929 times
It's 3:30am, just got done walking my ferret in the neighborhood. I will always be puzzled why that which is closest to us, always seems so unattainable, so far away. It's happened in other cities I've lived in.

Been meaning to get over to our community center, 5 blocks away, for close to 15 years now, and tonite was the night. So glad I finally walked over there, a nice lush green park, children's/picnic/walking areas (sent my ferret down a few of curly-cue slides over there) and a mini-botanical garden. They're always staging shows, concerts and tomorrow nite I may see a choral group over there.

Being in Las Vegas, with all the star attractions here, it's easy to overlook more simple entertainment right in your backyard.

What a great discovery, made my whole day!

Old 04-14-2011, 05:26 PM

Wow, I how neat to walk your ferret. I didn't know they needed to be walked and glad u finally got to see what u have been missing. I heard Las Vegas is the number one city for young families. And now I know why.

My day has been long hot and my day is not done yet...

Old 04-15-2011, 10:18 PM

I have had a long exhausting day and it is not going to end anytime soon. I am sure my night will turn into my morning. Sugar HOney ice TEa... it happens and today the chidd happened to me. I am sure tomorrow will be better.

Old 04-15-2011, 10:27 PM

34,242 posts, read 6,901,934 times
It's been an exhausting week. I had a wonderful surprise this evening, though. I received a phone call from a dear friend who lives in San Jose, CA. We had much to catch up on, and talked for an hour and a half. It was great!

Old 04-15-2011, 10:29 PM

4,847 posts, read 5,274,723 times
Pretty good day....did lots of lawn work...lots of house work...now time to relax!
Have a good weekend all

Old 04-15-2011, 10:38 PM

20,524 posts, read 16,845,762 times
Today was pretty chaotic. It could have been better. On my way to taking my grand daughter to school some dog (looked like a pit-rottie mix maybe??) came running out from nowhere, right onto the busy street. I tried to dodge him and short of hitting a mailbox, we still bumped. As I was backing up you can see in the rear view mirror he was hurt, limping pretty bad but by the time I got out and approached him, it was only a matter of seconds he had left. Poor thing, it just broke my heart to see him suffering like that. But some people with a horse trailer behind me saw what happened and the guy must know something about animals because he said there was no way this dog is going to make it. He felt around its body and he said he was in shock (the dog). Without getting into specifics, he helped me move him to the side of the road. He saw that it wasnt my fault and that I tried to avoid it. The dog did put a small dent in my back door, but it was a big dog, and had I been in a car, there probably would have been more damage than just that. He said he would call someone out to come get the dog. Thankfully my little grand daughter didnt see it, as I told her to stay inside the truck, she didnt need to see this....much less to be out on a busy street. Other than that, the rest of the day was kinda not-so-energetic, still am having a rough time getting over this.
Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Old 04-15-2011, 11:46 PM

7,371 posts, read 3,375,006 times
I had a wonderful day. Not too stressful at work. Off of school until May 2, and then my last class starts. I went and helped out at a dance tonight for folks with intellectual disabilities and danced the night away!! No studying tomorrow, no homework--just the joy of enjoying a cup of coffee or tea with a great book by the fireplace. It snowed tonight!! It looks like a winterwonderland outside...

Old 04-16-2011, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 115db View Post
Today was pretty chaotic. It could have been better. On my way to taking my grand daughter to school some dog (looked like a pit-rottie mix maybe??) came running out from nowhere, right onto the busy street. I tried to dodge him and short of hitting a mailbox, we still bumped. As I was backing up you can see in the rear view mirror he was hurt, limping pretty bad but by the time I got out and approached him, it was only a matter of seconds he had left. Poor thing, it just broke my heart to see him suffering like that. But some people with a horse trailer behind me saw what happened and the guy must know something about animals because he said there was no way this dog is going to make it. He felt around its body and he said he was in shock (the dog). Without getting into specifics, he helped me move him to the side of the road. He saw that it wasnt my fault and that I tried to avoid it. The dog did put a small dent in my back door, but it was a big dog, and had I been in a car, there probably would have been more damage than just that. He said he would call someone out to come get the dog. Thankfully my little grand daughter didnt see it, as I told her to stay inside the truck, she didnt need to see this....much less to be out on a busy street. Other than that, the rest of the day was kinda not-so-energetic, still am having a rough time getting over this.
Hope everyone has a good weekend!
O my I know how difficult it is to hit an animal. I ran over a coyote once. I wasn't able to stop and he put a big dent in my car. I can still feel the bump. I am so glad ur granddaughter didn't see. I hope u feel better and just know this too shall pass
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics