U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-03-2007, 07:07 AM

1,856 posts, read 5,552,914 times
Now that I'm home from work, I have time to give a little more detail.
The $4500 came from Conagra foods. They are very generous with their contests. I have received a couple of $100 cards that look just like a credit card. Home Depot is good for $25 gift cards. I had several of those. My Aunt has a new $3500 Viking stove from an online contest. I have another Aunt and Uncle that are leaving June 13th for a week long rafting trip in Utah.

In the Fall Chik-Filet has a contest where they give away chicken nugget snack trays and a gallon of iced tea. You pretty much win every time you sign up for that one. I had so many coupons, I was giving them away to friends. They were very good at redeeming them. On the other hand, KFC gave away coupons for a free chicken snacker sandwich. They were very rude and obnoxious about using them. It was so bad, several of us sent all of our snacker coupons back to KFC, and told them to cram their worthless coupons where the sun doesn't shine.

Two years ago, I believe it was a Chik-Filet contest, my Mother won two of the grand prizes. She was playing for her 80 year old cousin, and a 60 year old neighbor at the time. They were teamed up with college football and DR Pepper. Each prize was a trip to a championship game where they threw a football through a giant Dr Pepper can for a chance at one million dollars. My buddy went with his Mother on the one trip. They were treated like royalty. They had entertainment, gift bags, fantastic food, and great seats for the game. She was eliminated during the first round because she never practiced. The cousin went all the way to second place at her game. The real kicker here is, both of these women are already millionaires. They didn't need the money, but enjoyed the free trips.

It seem that nobody knows about a lot of these contests, so it's easy to win them. The wee hours of the morning are the best times to win.

Every one of us has an orange cooler on wheels from Gatorade. I believe our entire family managed to get about 50 of them. I really like mine. I can't even begin to list all of the free magazines and coupons I get in the mail. I had to go buy one of those giant rural mail boxes to help out my mailman. In fact, my Mother's mail lady asked how she was getting all of this stuff. She is now on my mum's play list. She just got a $300 Sony portable video game.

I know that Ball Park Franks is having a contest right now. If you do a Google search on contests and freebie pages, you will find forums just like this one. They tell each other about different contests and give aways. Good luck.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2007, 02:44 PM

11,336 posts, read 9,709,189 times
Yep, Won my first digital camera with accesories from National Geopraphic. I still use it.
I'm pretty selective on which contests to enter.

Old 06-03-2007, 05:04 PM

4,058 posts, read 9,014,514 times
Great, I guess I'm not wasting my time. Only problem is now I'll probably spend even more time on the computer trying to win free stuff. A couple years ago I clicked on one of those windows that open with "Win a gift certificate to Chilis" big mistake, I get so much spam because of that and never did get the certificate.

Old 06-03-2007, 05:15 PM

4,058 posts, read 9,014,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfask View Post
How cool is that south range

ok where do I go to enter these contests?

Rapture - yeah the bug thing would be a problem. the time thing, I would go low maintance.
You could always call your local extension office and ask for recommendations.
I am jealous of your huge yard. Now I really want to see pictures. It gets my gardening fingers "Itchy" lol I have to keep reminding myslef "leave grass for the dogs"
karla
Karla here are some pics. As some know on here I just moved to SC in January and I'm still trying to get use to the size of bugs here. It took me three months to get the nerve up to reach over the hedges and turn the hose on. I'm not kidding...
Attached Thumbnails
Has anyone ever won an online contest?-100_1046.jpg   Has anyone ever won an online contest?-100_1050.jpg   Has anyone ever won an online contest?-100_1083.jpg   Has anyone ever won an online contest?-100_1087.jpg  

Old 06-03-2007, 06:40 PM

160 posts, read 406,569 times
Default Hmn, Do you think?

Hi Southrange,
We're very nice people that have never had any luck when it comes to entering contests, raffles, etc. A friend of mine once won an all expense paid trip for two to the Super Bowl and another time one a large TV but we've never come close. Oh sure, I won a tape measure at a home show some years back but that's about it. Certainly nothing approaching the trips, appliances, etc that your mom has won. Heck, I'd be thrilled with the orange Gatorade cooler you mentioned So, the question is: Do you think your mom would adopt us and add us to her playing list?

Old 06-03-2007, 07:18 PM

1,856 posts, read 5,552,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougargm View Post
Hi Southrange,
We're very nice people that have never had any luck when it comes to entering contests, raffles, etc. A friend of mine once won an all expense paid trip for two to the Super Bowl and another time one a large TV but we've never come close. Oh sure, I won a tape measure at a home show some years back but that's about it. Certainly nothing approaching the trips, appliances, etc that your mom has won. Heck, I'd be thrilled with the orange Gatorade cooler you mentioned So, the question is: Do you think your mom would adopt us and add us to her playing list?
You know that's really funny, because she has people asking to be added to her play list all the time. She loves doing it and only asks that they let her know when the prize comes. That way she can mark it on her list. I have a few relatives that are on her sh*t list because they failed to collect the prize properly. The Aunt with the stove is one of them. She made a big ordeal out of it, but still managed to collect in the end.

My Mother loves doing this so much, she has spare modems and an extra monitor in her closet. Her modem took a lightning strike one time, and she was off line for two days before we got it fixed. It about killed her. She said that she could never be off line that long again. Hence the spare parts.

Most of us have several E-mail addresses for the contests and spam. We then keep one private address to communicate with each other. It really is like having Christmas year round. You never know what will be in the mailbox every day.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:11 PM

5,289 posts, read 4,218,139 times
We are a homescan/media receiver ACNielsen home and they have drawings weekly,monthly,quarterly and yearly.I won a weekly drawing of $250.

Old 08-15-2007, 06:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,515 times
Drury Outdoor gives away a prizes each week. You are entered in a drawing each time you place vote for a couple who is competing for on-line votes. You can vote every hour.

Go to Drury Outdoors (one of my friends is on the show so please vote for them. They are Team Wisconsin)
The first time you log-on you have to enter your e-mail. They will notify you via e-mail if you have won.

I personally know someone who did win one of the prizes.....so I know people do win by entering things on- line.

if you go to Drury Outdoors you will then need to click on Dream season voting which is on the right hand side of page.

As for me......I won a couch once.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:22 AM

19,333 posts, read 15,829,596 times
Um, not an online contest but Ive come in 3rd in a photography contest. My grandparents won a PCH thing many years ago though. Back before internet...

Old 08-16-2007, 07:42 AM

41,861 posts, read 18,726,466 times
It wasn't a contest, but I got some emails recently, telling me that I won a British Lottery (and I didn't even buy a ticket!) and another email from a bank, telling me that a multi-billionaire in Nigeria, passed on recently and left me a ton of cash..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics