Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 03:48 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,774,994 times

Advertisements

My yard needs a make over and I have been trying to win a makeover with HGTV. I also enter a contest everyday to win a new fridge. Is this a waste of time (two minutes) or do people really win?

Last edited by Global Friend; 06-02-2007 at 06:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2007, 04:24 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,112,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
My yard needs a make over and I have been trying to win a makeover with HTC. I also enter a contest everyday to win a new fridge. Is this a waste of time (two minutes) or do people really win?
Heck rapture if it only takes a couple of minutes why not , someone has to win so why not you.

You know there are some great gardeners in the garden section I bet if you posted pictures asking for ideas you would get lots of suggestions.

karla

Old 06-02-2007, 05:18 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,352,784 times
ageez. I thought you guys were putting a CD t shirt up...... getting my heart all beating fast... no I have not

Old 06-02-2007, 05:23 PM

4,610 posts, read 11,100,293 times
I enter contests everyday! I've won a lot of small stuff but the biggest prize I have won so far, is an... "I-POD Video". But I'm a sweep junkie!

Old 06-02-2007, 05:30 PM

2,724 posts, read 6,423,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
My yard needs a make over and I have been trying to win a makeover with HTC. I also enter a contest everyday to win a new fridge. Is this a waste of time (two minutes) or do people really win?
I have tried on line contests but as yet haven't won anything. The last time I DID win a raffle was at age 6 at a bake sale for the library. It was the cutest hand sewn doll. I treasured it and would lay it next to me each night. One day I was outside playing and noticed my brother was jumping up and down in a mud puddle. I ran over to him to join this splattering fest and lo and behold-there in the puddle,drenched in muddy ooze was my beloved doll. I think I balled for 5 days and nights and swore I'd never talk to him again! But as kids are the next day we were out playing tag and to this day I remind him of the time he drowned "Fuzzy Wuzzy"

Old 06-02-2007, 05:58 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,774,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfask View Post
Heck rapture if it only takes a couple of minutes why not , someone has to win so why not you.

You know there are some great gardeners in the garden section I bet if you posted pictures asking for ideas you would get lots of suggestions.

karla
I thought of that but my yard is hugh and I don't have the time, not to mention I'm afraid of bugs.

Old 06-02-2007, 06:23 PM

1,853 posts, read 9,686,686 times
YES, YES, YES!!!! My mother is 75 years old. She lives on her computer and enters contests, and sweeps for the entire family and friends. We have all won many prizes including trips, appliances, cash, coupons, and all kinds of neat stuff. She keeps a tally. We have collected several thousand dollars in winnings. Her latest is $4500 for groceries. They actually sent a check. It cashed just fine. Everyone is happy.

Old 06-03-2007, 02:00 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,280,890 times
The first time i ever won anything online was a T-shirt. i was so happy! lol
I've also won CD's, more t-shirts, perfumes, $40 cash once, tiny wins of $1-$2 here and there with the lotto sites like freelotto and luckysurf.
Offline ive won more things, but I still believe in winning online too.

Old 06-03-2007, 04:04 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,112,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Range Family View Post
YES, YES, YES!!!! My mother is 75 years old. She lives on her computer and enters contests, and sweeps for the entire family and friends. We have all won many prizes including trips, appliances, cash, coupons, and all kinds of neat stuff. She keeps a tally. We have collected several thousand dollars in winnings. Her latest is $4500 for groceries. They actually sent a check. It cashed just fine. Everyone is happy.
How cool is that south range

ok where do I go to enter these contests?

Rapture - yeah the bug thing would be a problem. the time thing, I would go low maintance.
You could always call your local extension office and ask for recommendations.
I am jealous of your huge yard. Now I really want to see pictures. It gets my gardening fingers "Itchy" lol I have to keep reminding myslef "leave grass for the dogs"
karla

Old 06-03-2007, 04:25 AM

1,942 posts, read 8,489,930 times
I;ve entered online contests. In fact, I am in one right now trying to win my grandfather a father's day lunch at his house for being the greatest "father". But I've never won.The only thing I ever won was from a radio contest-I was the 18th caller and got a 2 hour yacht ride with lunch and beer provided, on the gulf, for my hubby and me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics