Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 02:05 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,346,329 times

Advertisements

Today's Questions:
We have yet another fairy flying around today... The “Dining Out Fairy”... and she is stopping by to take you out to eat!

Are you going out for breakfast, lunch, or dinner? No! Spaghetti here tonite!

What restaurant are you going to go to? n/a today!

Bonus Question:

What is your favorite brand of potato chip ? SUNCHIPS!! (technically not a potato chip but has the word chip in it lol)

Lays ?
Ruffles ?
Dorito's ?
Pringles ?
Munchos ?
Store Brand ?
Other ?

Extra Credit Question:
In honor of “International Ask A Question Day”...

What is a question that you have wanted to ask somebody before, but didn't? Nothing right now!

Yes or No Question (a.k.a. The Easy Question! ):

Do you have a battery tester in your home? Yes

Just for Fun:

When was the last time you had an eye exam? Last May for contact lens check. Have to get stuck doing it every year for new c lens prescription!

" Today is:
International Ask A Question Day!!
Check Your Batteries Day
Daylight Savings Time Begins
Learn about Butterflies Day
Potato Chip Day
π (Pi) Day (Why today? Because today is 3.14, the value of Pi. )

This Week is:
National Sleep Awareness Week
Act Happy Week
Wildlife Week
International Brain Awareness Week
American Chocolate Week
National Inhalant and Poisons Awareness Week
National Bubble (blowers) Week[/quote]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 03:44 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,531,511 times
Happy Sunday, All (and a "tip o' the hat" to Suncoast Guy for today's QOTD!

Today's Questions:
We have yet another fairy flying around today... The “Dining Out Fairy”... and she is stopping by to take you out to eat!

Are you going out for breakfast, lunch, or dinner? We love all three meals out, but breakfast would probably be our choice, especially if we could have it somewhere scenic!

What restaurant are you going to go to? We've always hoped Le Peep, a breakfast & lunch chain would set up shop near us.

Other than that, there are TOO many favorite places for us to list!!!

Bonus Question:

What is your favorite brand of potato chip ?

Lays ?
Ruffles ? Yep!
Dorito's ?
Pringles ? Yep!
Munchos ?
Store Brand ?
Other ? Mike-Sell's, a local brand

Extra Credit Question:

What is a question that you have wanted to ask somebody before, but didn't? Draw a blank on this one...

Do you have a battery tester in your home?Yep, when the device goes dead, it's time to buy new batteries...

Just for Fun:

When was the last time you had an eye exam? Three weeks ago

Today is History...
1743 - 1st American town meeting (Boston's Faneuil Hall)
1794 - Eli Whitney patents cotton gin
1900 - US currency goes on gold standard
1903 - 1st national bird reservation established in Sebastian, FL
1931 - 1st theater built for rear movie projection (New York City)
1950 - FBI's "10 Most Wanted Fugitives" program begins
1995 - 1st time 13 people in space

"Open Dictionary" Word from Merriam-Webster:
combat parking (noun) : Backing into a parking space for easy exit.
"I always combat park so I can leave work faster." ALWAYS do that with a big truck; safer that way!

Today is:
Check Your Batteries Day
Potato Chip Day
π (Pi) Day (Why today? Because today is 3.14, the value of Pi. )

This Week is:
National Sleep Awareness Week I'm actually aware that I ned to get off of C-D and get some sleep for work tonight...
Act Happy Week
Wildlife Week
American Chocolate Week
National Bubble (blowers) Week

G'nite!

Old 03-14-2010, 04:20 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,686,482 times
Today's Questions:

Are you going out for breakfast, lunch, or dinner? Why, yes

What restaurant are you going to go to? There's this place in Paris...

Bonus Question:

What is your favorite brand of potato chip ? Lays, but only because Hiland is gone

Lays ?
Ruffles ?
Dorito's ?
Pringles ?
Munchos ?
Store Brand ?
Other ?

Extra Credit Question:

What is a question that you have wanted to ask somebody before, but didn't? Are those real?

Do you have a battery tester in your home? No. Died

Just for Fun:

When was the last time you had an eye exam? About two months ago. Last follow up to the Shingles that started in the left one. Clean bill!

Today is History...
1900 - US currency goes on gold standard And now those bills are collectors items.

combat parking
(noun) : Backing into a parking space for easy exit.
"I always combat park so I can leave work faster." Of course it takes most people fives minutes to back into a parking space (poorly positioned as well) so they're late for work.

Today is:
International Ask A Question Day!! So ask already!
Check Your Batteries Day. Oh, you mean the ones in the flashlight! I thought... Uh no. Don't go there.
Daylight Savings Time Begins. {Yawn} I'll pay for it for a few days, but I love the light later at night!
Learn about Butterflies Day I seem to remember they are free...
Potato Chip Day But no Hilands! The chippiest chip around!!
π (Pi) Day (Why today? Because today is 3.14, the value of Pi. ) And Pi is the ratio of the size of the piece I want compared to the size the whole pie. Cut the Pi portion and leave me the rest!

This Week is:
National Sleep Awareness Week
Act Happy Week
Wildlife Week
American Chocolate Week

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Babble

The end of another weekend. {Sigh}. They really are too short.

Mrs. Tek is back at it. The weather is better so she's traveling again. Out of town most of this week, then we are both going to Milwaukee next week. Her for work and me just to get the hell out of town for awhile.

From now until she retires at the end of September she will be traveling a lot. It's worth it ($$), but I always miss her when she's gone, and I can't always go with her because I can't know where she goes sometimes. Not the city, but the businesses. That's what happens when you work for the Treasury Department. Secrets, ya know?

She is traveling either for audits or meetings so much we're having a tough time finding a long weekend for our yearly "cousins" visit. I hope we can get it figured out as we really enjoy having them come.

A weather report: Yes!! Remember all that snow and cold I kept whining about? Well it's gone. For now. Seriously, we had a couple of feet of snow two weeks ago and it's pretty much all gone. I am really surprised we haven't seen more flooding. My entire backyard is clear, and I now see that I really need to rake (or do my multiple mowing) again. I don't do much raking as it really screws up my shoulders. The doves are back, and I saw a squinty (ground squirrel to the rest of the country) today. It's been in the 40's almost all week and it feels good. The dampness is not helping with the joints, though.

We had a slat fall off the fence in the back sometime this winter. I think because a rabbit kept pushing under it and since the snow got so deep it actually forced the board loose. The neighbor nailed it back on today so I don't have to do it. I was waiting because it looks really muddy and I didn't want to track into his yard. If he doesn't care then more power to him. Thanks, dude!

Got the rest of my Social Security done this weekend. They sent me a letter telling me how much to expect and when it would start. That was the trigger for me setting up a password on their Internet site in case I need to check or change anything.

I might go play in a poker tournament this week. I haven't for a while because I kept getting knocked out by pocket aces. Four times in a row! I played in a charity tournament at the Eagles lodge in January - and got knocked out by pocket aces. Enough already. Well, I'm getting the itch again, so I might go. It's always fun even when it's frustrating.

Everyone enjoy your week and try to get enough sleep.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:16 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,691,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy View Post
Good Sunday everyone! Today is Sunday, March 14, 2010. Hope you all are having a great day thus far! I have been sick for the past few days, which is why I haven't been online very much. The flu/virus/illness is going around, and it ain't fun! I would advise everyone to stay clean and wash your hands often or use a hand sanitizer. OK, so now that Dr. Suncoast Guy is finished yapping, let's move on...

Today's Questions:
We have yet another fairy flying around today... The ?Dining Out Fairy?... and she is stopping by to take you out to eat!

Are you going out for breakfast, lunch, or dinner? No

What restaurant are you going to go to?

Bonus Question:

Lays ?
Ruffles ?
Dorito's ?
Pringles ?
Munchos ?
Store Brand ?
Other ?
Herr's

Extra Credit Question:
In honor of ?International Ask A Question Day?...

What is a question that you have wanted to ask somebody before, but didn't? It's too personal so I won't post it.

Do you have a battery tester in your home? Yes

Just for Fun:

When was the last time you had an eye exam? Alittle over 2 years ago.

Today is History...
1900 - US currency goes on gold standard

combat parking
"I always combat park so I can leave work faster."

Today is:
Check Your Batteries Day
Potato Chip Day
? (Pi) Day (Why today? Because today is 3.14, the value of Pi. )

This Week is:
National Sleep Awareness Week- I could use more sleep.
Act Happy Week - I'll try
Wildlife Week
American Chocolate Week
I know I am late in answering but we just got our phone line working after being without it for 24 hours because of the storm that passed through. Hope you all had a nice Sunday.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:32 PM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,379,036 times
Today's Questions:
Are you going out for breakfast, lunch, or dinner? What restaurant are you going to go to?
We really did go to a local Italian spot for lunch. Very good.

Bonus Question:

Plain Doritos are good, but Pringles are better.

Do you have a battery tester in your home?
I have a voltage tester. Stick it in a plug to see if it's active type of thing. No battery tester though. Duracell comes with a built-in checker or used to.

Just for Fun:
When was the last time you had an eye exam?
About a year ago. They've just sent a reminder in the mail.

combat parking
"I always combat park so I can leave work faster."

---Sounds like a getaway car!

Old 03-14-2010, 09:21 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,606,760 times
Are you going out for breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
Lunch

What restaurant are you going to go to?
Ryan's

Lays ?
Ruffles ?
Dorito's ?
Pringles ?
Munchos ?
Store Brand ?
Other ?

Not a potato chip fan

What is a question that you have wanted to ask somebody before, but didn't?
When was the last time you bathed?

Do you have a battery tester in your home?
Yes

When was the last time you had an eye exam?

Old 03-15-2010, 04:44 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,447,646 times
Had no real plans to go out to dinner -- it just happened that we did. We wanted out-of-the- house for awhile, and Mr. Rdslots wanted me to see a new neighborhood being developed in a nearby community. Thirty miles of biking trails.

The one thing I have truly missed about living in coastal NC has been the seafood, so when we stopped to get gas, and I saw a seafood restaurant, I asked Mr. Rdslots if he might like that for our main meal. So, there you have it -- a fisherman's platter for him, and a platter of sea trout, shrimp and oysters for me. All I needed was to be sitting close to a dock, smelling the salt air!

Not much of a potato chip fan, myself. I'd much rather have a few of those chips made from root vegetables -- so much more flavorful, and I can pretend they are better for me. I also like Stacy's sea salt pita chips with either hummus or homemade guacamole.

Are you for real? Usually, I will refrain from asking someone that, but I seem to think it quite often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics