Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2010, 11:34 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I want to know who here speaks with an accent...either southern, Midwestern, New Yawk, Bah-ston, Cajun, or perhaps a foreign accent such as Italian, Russian, British, Spanish etc.
Another nonregional American accent here. It's impossible to tell where I'm from unless I put some California Girl in it.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:34 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,547,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
- Lola8822 - she took her pic down, but she's got that wholesale girl-next-door look and a great smile.
Wholesale? I hope you meant wholesome.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:35 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,328,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Wholesale? I hope you meant wholesome.
yes thanks

Old 05-20-2010, 11:41 AM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
Quote:
I want to know who here speaks with an accent...either southern, Midwestern, New Yawk, Bah-ston, Cajun, or perhaps a foreign accent such as Italian, Russian, British, Spanish etc.
I do have an accent, but it's not distinct. I've had people ask me if I'm from Michigan, North Carolina, Canada - never from my home state.

It's the way I say my Os. I can't seem to fix it.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:41 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,923,439 times
See if you can guess what accent i have.

Go on.

Bet you can't.

Quote:

Old 05-20-2010, 11:43 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,328,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
See if you can guess what accent i have.

Go on.

Bet you can't.
I bet it's as distinct and unique as the accent of the voices you heard in your head.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:44 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Incredible! I take my husband out to lunch to celebrate his new job (lateral transfer - very good for him), and come back to find this new thread and it's already 12 pages long!

First, which lifestyle?! and that's a thread in itself. Actually, I started swinging when I turned 48 at the end of my 28 year marriage. Ironically, that was also the year I smoked pot for the first time. Tried it 3 times and decided it is not for me. Swinging was a way to get my physical needs met and it turned out to be the best cure for my then poor self-image, thank you ex-wifeabuser! and that's when I was introduced to the BDSM lifestyle which is how I met my wonderful husband!

I'd be game - I know I said I'd be happy to host one in TN once we get moved in - 15 months! My husband has it down to DAYS!

Does the absence of any accent count? I speak like a TV or radio announcer. It's impossible to guess where I'm from, only from where I am NOT - and you still might be wrong.
I think Ms. Annie is going to have to be real careful in 15 months about yelling "Go Yankees!" That might not go over too well where she's moving to!

Old 05-20-2010, 11:45 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
I have a slight southern accent. Although it is getting thicker now that I am living in Tennessee again. You should hear me speak Spanish with a southern accent!

LOL. I reckin I got a southern accent too.
Captain, do you sound like brad pitt speaking Italian in inglorious bastards. Bon jorn O

Old 05-20-2010, 11:48 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,420,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
- Lola8822 - she took her pic down, but she's got that wholesale girl-next-door look and a great smile.
Wholesale?! Where are you living where you have wholesale girls next door?

Nice catch, sophialee

Old 05-20-2010, 11:51 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,302,953 times
Quote:

First, which lifestyle?! and that's a thread in itself. Actually, I started swinging when I turned 48 at the end of my 28 year marriage. Ironically, that was also the year I smoked pot for the first time. Tried it 3 times and decided it is not for me. Swinging was a way to get my physical needs met and it turned out to be the best cure for my then poor self-image, thank you ex-wifeabuser! and that's when I was introduced to the BDSM lifestyle which is how I met my wonderful husband!
Thanks for indulging my curiosity (aka nosiness )

Quote:
Quote:

Does the absence of any accent count? I speak like a TV or radio announcer. It's impossible to guess where I'm from, only from where I am NOT - and you still might be wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Another nonregional American accent here. It's impossible to tell where I'm from unless I put some California Girl in it.
My English is also pretty non-descript. I was born & lived in Israel until I was 3, moved with my parents to South America and lived there for 2 years (spoke excellent Spanish I'm told), but ultimately we came to the US and did a somewhat typical Brooklyn-Staten Island-New Jersey route. No one was ever able to pin a particular accent on me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics