Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2010, 10:47 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,250,688 times

Advertisements

Old 05-20-2010, 10:52 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,555,667 times
I have a pic. Nobody has said anything mean yet, so thanks CD!

I saw this forum mentioned in the Omaha forum, so I thought I'd check it out. It cracks me up on a daily basis. I think my first post was probably on a "short men can't get dates" thread. LOL

I was introduced to an animal rescue organization by another poster here. I have offered my driving skills to them if necessary in this area, so maybe some day I will get to help out.

My question for everyone....which person's posts do you enjoy reading the most and why?

Old 05-20-2010, 10:57 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,426,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post

My question for everyone....which person's posts do you enjoy reading the most and why?
CPG and ProfessorSenator.....they both talk alot of sense and I nearly always agree with them. Then again I enjoy a wide variety of posters who have a totally different opinion to me, always interesting to hear other takes.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:57 PM

9,930 posts, read 13,925,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Question for you, Saucywench.

Have YOU ever met anybody on C-D? If so, were they saucy too?
No. But, if I ever came into some money, I would like to take a road trip around the U.S. and meet some of the people here. Males and females.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
I don't guess you can enforce it anyway,

They can't!

but when I see stuff by kids like Fox...whatever his name is, I just want to quit posting. He has no clue. He is always talking about women, like he would know. He is still in high school. Ew...
I don't know about him. But, I remember when I first joined I saw a few guys on here that said they were 16 and 17. I didn't find out until later about the 18 yr.old age minimum to join and post. Other posters brought it up because they were having trouble with people who were surely kids playing around.

Also, one of my friends here at CD had a group of guys gang up on him, pretend to befriend him, etc., then pull a bunch of crap on him. I'm assuming they were probably teenagers, because I can't believe grown adults would pull something so despicable as what they did.

I've only gotten through page 21 of this thread. I'm working on it!

Old 05-21-2010, 03:16 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,544,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Question for all CD members....why don't you put a photo up? ugly or attractive I don't care, its just nice to put a face to the name.
Nah, too many crazies out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
OK, here's my first question to all C-D members.

1. Have you ever met another C-D member?
Yep. Boneheaded.

Quote:
Professor Senator, CPG, Braunwyn and Redisca are the first that come to mind. Prof usually expresses what I'm thinking down to the tee, but articulates it so much better than I can. All of them offer valuable contributions; they don't just throw opinions or info around with nothing to back them. I actually learn from them.

There are others and I'm sure I've repped them. These are just the first few names that jumped out at me.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:25 AM

1,517 posts, read 2,319,232 times
No photo because of crazy people...lol. I set this site up for my aunt who was visiting, she wanted to ask about housing for my cousin, and she wanted to check out places to live. A friend of hers told her about it, and she is NOT computer literate. She stayed with me for about a month, and I would get on with her. When she left, it became MINE. It is fun to read what other people post.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:27 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,304,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
how did you come across C-D and what led you to this part of the site?
Various Google searches on Google had led me to C-D, so I slowly started coming directly and lurking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
You know who is a nice looking man...Coolhand68. Hot and smart...great combination
I totally agree.

Quote:
which person's posts do you enjoy reading the most and why?
There are several posters that I enjoy for different reasons; some because they have an incredible ability to get their points across intelligently, some because they seem incredibly down to earth and more times than not I agree with them, some because they lead such interesting & fascinating lives and some because they are quick-witted and just fun to read. There are also those that I really don't like.

It's amazing how after a while, regardless of how much personal info someone shares or not, you can really sense a person's overall disposition and personality.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:34 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
how did you come across C-D and what led you to this part of the site?
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Does anyone remember what their first post was about? First thread?
I found this site when we were getting ready to move to Illinois. I used the CD stats (CITY DATA ) to research various towns so we could figure out where to live. I found the forums after a while and started reading, but mostly just Chicago Suburbs. I think my first thread asked for a recommendation for a good mechanic.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:42 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywench View Post
Arrrrrrr! The wench mild? Are ye addled? Belay that talk, or me mateys will have ye kissin' the gunner's daughter.

I'll bleach yer bones!

I'm wicked freakin' hot!

"Woe to the cook whose sauce has no sting."
Geoffrey Chaucer (1340?-1400?)

Okay Cap'n, I answered your question. Now I've got one for you...

Are you a horndog?
Yes I am a horndog! I have been since I was 13. Only one woman has ever tamed me for a few days. And she is a regular poster on CD!

" I may be a Old Dog. But I can still bury a bone!" --------Waylon Jennings

Last edited by Capt. Dan; 05-21-2010 at 05:50 AM..

Old 05-21-2010, 05:44 AM

956 posts, read 1,767,297 times
I somehow get the impression that Coolhand is or was a ladies men. Can't think why
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics