U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 06-07-2010, 10:33 PM

Location: If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space
12,339 posts, read 4,604,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetie Pie View Post
I forgot a lot of peeps, I know!!! but Miss Toosie is one of the ones, I would like to meet!!!! Plus, my homies.....................Camper1, Nick, Saphh, TXtruck gir;.!!!
This is awesome. We should just charter a plane and then, since Joy is a realtor, maybe she can let us camp out in one of her homes for show
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 06-07-2010, 11:41 PM

12,710 posts, read 2,898,390 times
Yeah, I know I'm a little late since it's already 7:33 a.m. on a wonderful sunny Tuesday morning. I was so excited and busy yesterday since it was DS's first gym class. He did wonderful and we had a lot of fun watching him

Today's Question(s):

When you are driving on a highway, do you typically go
The speed limit ?
5 mph over ?
10 mph over ?
zoom zoom ?

Depends on the route. If I've been on this highway before I usually 10-15 mph over the speed limit. If I don't know the route I try to stay within limits.

Bonus Question:

Does your TV "tease you" by airing commercials for stores or restaurants that are not in your area ? No.

Extra Credit Question:

When it comes to the question of marriage I guess you could say I am a bit "old fashioned" ?

Just for Fun:

We have gotten to know each other over the past couple years,so thought it would be fun to find out

Which QOTD family member would you like to swap places with for the day ?

Oh ok you can pick 3

NCN - since she always writes those beautiful reports about her North Carolina.
Young Lisa - I love to read her stories and would love to see her work.
Yank in Scotland - I've never been to Scotland and it sounds great.

But I would also swap with nearly everybody of you living in the States b/c I do want to visit the states and better sooner than later

When it comes to step aerobic I would make a pretty good Coach ?

Today is:
National Chocolate Ice Cream Day YUM! My favourite!!!
National Cheer Coaches Day I've a step aerobic class today and will tell my ladies to cheer me all the way through class

Unread 06-08-2010, 02:59 AM

7,528 posts, read 1,244,360 times
Like Miguel's Mom, I'm responding a few hours after the deadline, but wanted to help push the number of responses closer to the magic 100!

Today's Question(s):

The speed limit ?
5 mph over ?
10 mph over ?
zoom zoom ?

Typically I go at the speed limit, especially when it's a long weekend. In Australia we have plenty of speed cameras... and the fines are heavy. Plus you get demerit points (lose your licence if you get enough of them) and fines and demerit points are doubled on long-weekends. Not worth it!

Bonus Question:

Does your TV "tease you" by airing commercials for stores or restaurants that are not in your area ? Yes - I now live in a country town - we do get some ads relating to nearby towns which are an hour or more away, and to which I wouldn't travel to shop or eat! It would be a bit unreasonable to expect all ads to relate only to my little town.

Extra Credit Question:

When it comes to good manners I guess you could say I am a bit "old fashioned" ?

Just for Fun:

We have gotten to know each other over the past couple years,so thought it would be fun to find out

Oh ok you can pick 3
Hmmm, I've only joined in QOTD recently, so perhaps I shouldn't answer this question yet. Ask again in a few months!

When it comes to using chopsticks I would make a pretty good Coach.

Unread 06-08-2010, 03:25 AM

17,593 posts, read 19,782,013 times
Wow so many posts !!! this must be one of our top 5 threads for answers
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I am really glad about the question of speed limits.....I was just driving on a country state road....with posted speed of 40 mph......I was very aware of my speed due to this mornings qotd...and was making a point to drive 40 mph not exceeding it by even 3 o 4 mph. Sure enough....as I past a little side road....there was a police car.....monitoring traffic.....I was so happy that I didnt even have to check my rear view mirror......I knew I hadnt been speeding!
[/b][/color]
See the QOTD provides a public service
I have to admit I was a tad more aware of my speed yesterday also

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Ya seriously, y'all are crazy. Misty - let's you, me, and BookWorm fly down to Panama to visit Joy instead of swapping with anyone I'd rather meet all the QotD peeps instead of swap with any of them, anyway
Don't forget me !!! I can be packed in 10 mins

Unread 06-08-2010, 04:21 AM

Location: If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space
12,339 posts, read 4,604,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Wow so many posts !!! this must be one of our top 5 threads for answers

Don't forget me !!! I can be packed in 10 mins
Oh never fear! That was just a teaser line - we've got the plane chartered already - it's gonna be a party, baby! Don't forget the sun screen

Unread 06-08-2010, 05:57 AM

8,184 posts, read 10,345,731 times
Hey! I get to go too!!

Unread 06-09-2010, 01:27 AM

16,199 posts, read 9,810,161 times
The speed limit ?
5 mph over ? Yep.
10 mph over ?
zoom zoom ?

Bonus Question:

Does your TV "tease you" by airing commercials for stores or restaurants that are not in your area ? Yes, and that bothers me. I see these Joe's Crab Shack commercials and wish we had one near here.

Some of them would be ? Joe's Crab Shack

Extra Credit Question:

When it comes to when my children should be able to date, I guess you could say I am a bit "old fashioned" ?

Just for Fun:

Oh ok you can pick 3 I don't know, anyone that is rich and lives on a tropical island on the ocean.

When it comes to caring for babies, I would make a pretty good Coach ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics