Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 09:45 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,925,399 times

Advertisements

National Cheer Coaches Day? Ok..... YAY COACHES!!!!!

Today's Question(s):

When you are driving on a highway, do you typically go
The speed limit ?

I'm not into speeding. I'd rather spend my money on Nutella than on traffic court.

Bonus Question:

Does your TV "tease you" by airing commercials for stores or restaurants that are not in your area ?

Some of them would be ?

Beats me, unless they're announcing a sale on Nutella I tend to tune them out.

Extra Credit Question:

When it comes to making Old Fashioneds I guess you could say I am a bit "old fashioned" ?

Just for Fun:

We have gotten to know each other over the past couple years,so thought it would be fun to find out

Which QOTD family member would you like to swap places with for the day ?

Oh ok you can pick 3

LOL, I only get three choices? The ones in Australia, I guess. Then maybe I could learn how to tie me kangaroo down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 09:49 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,173,921 times
Morning Karla & company we have nice bright sunshine today.

The speed limit ? School zones
5 mph over ? Usually this one other times

Does your TV "tease you" by airing commercials for stores or restaurants that are not in your area ?
I don't watch much TV and when I do I mute the commercials so I don't know

When it comes to marriage & family I guess you could say I am a bit "old fashioned" ?

YoungLisa to see her view from the top of her mountain
Alaska Mutt to fly all the places he does
CoastalMaine to experience both her residents

When it comes to planning a trip to Disney I would make a pretty good Coach ?

Old 06-07-2010, 10:10 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,766,100 times
The speed limit ?
5 mph over ?
10 mph over ? This or
zoom zoom ? This

Bonus Question:

Does your TV "tease you" by airing commercials for stores or restaurants that are not in your area ? Yes

Some of them would be ?

Jack-in-the-Box & random steakhouses and Italian restaurants

Extra Credit Question:

When it comes to giving up my seat to a woman on the train I guess you could say I am a bit "old fashioned" ?

Just for Fun:

We have gotten to know each other over the past couple years,so thought it would be fun to find out

Oh ok you can pick 3 Whoever is in Hawaii, Italy, or South America!

When it comes to boxing I would make a pretty good Coach ?
[/b]

Old 06-07-2010, 10:17 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,068,045 times
I'm a pizza guy in a strictly policed town so 5 MPH over is my limit. That being said if it's really late and I want to get home or a delivery is really late I'll push it a little more. But overall I try not to because gas prices are rising

------

In north Jersey we get a lot of commercials for steakhouses and big events in New York. It's only about 10 miles away but in Jersey/New York time 10 miles = at least a 45 minute trip one way

-------

I will be a good football coach. That is what I plan to be come next January (when hiring season begins)

Old 06-07-2010, 10:35 AM

656 posts, read 1,308,716 times
The speed limit ?
5 mph over ?10 mph over ?
zoom zoom ?

Bonus Question:

Does your TV "tease you" by airing commercials for stores or restaurants that are not in your area ? yes

Some of them would be ?this OSH store!! don't even know where one would be or what it is!

Extra Credit Question:

When it comes to_________ I guess you could say I am a bit "old fashioned" ? Dating!

Just for Fun:

Oh ok you can pick 3 i don't know...everyone is pretty cool

When it comes to ________ I would make a pretty good Coach ?
Gymnastics....I was in Gymnastics for many years and was really pretty good at it!

Old 06-07-2010, 10:41 AM

4,583 posts, read 4,270,140 times
Today's Question(s):

The speed limit ? In town
5 mph over ? on highway
10 mph over ?
zoom zoom ?

Bonus Question:

Does your TV "tease you" by airing commercials for stores or restaurants that are not in your area ? Yes

Some of them would be ? I would love just once, to walk in a Walmart.

Extra Credit Question:

When it comes to__relationships_______ I guess you could say I am a bit "old fashioned" ?

Just for Fun:

Oh ok you can pick 3 younglisa~her life sounds lovely there living off the Grid. yankinscotland~always wanted to go there and she seems so happy. rdslots~I'd swap so she could go out and do some fun stuff, but then I'd want to come back and talk with her for hours, I love her stories, like coming home to a good book.

When it comes to _pumpkins_______ I would make a pretty good Coach ?

Old 06-07-2010, 10:55 AM

8,876 posts, read 13,900,547 times
Good afternoon to all out there in QOTD-land!

Today's Question(s):

The speed limit ?
5 mph over ? I am a 5 - 7 mph over driver in the cars/trucks, but not on the motorcycle. I do speed limit to 5 under on the bike.
10 mph over ?
zoom zoom ?

Bonus Question:

I wish! We have a horrible little cable system that our town bought for almost $100M thinking they can do better than the big guys. Now we have local commercials with the same quality of a 5th grade media class at school! Even worse, when a show stops for a commercial break, the "national" commercials start to play and this local crap cuts in and over it! (Sorry to vent, but this cable tv fiasco in our town really strikes a chord with me!)

Some of them would be ?

Extra Credit Question:

When it comes to__manners and chivalry_______ I guess you could say I am a bit "old fashioned" ?

Just for Fun:

Oh ok you can pick 3

Wow, this one is a loaded question!!!
#1 - Joy in Panama. I think I'd love to visit that area at least for a day.
#2 - Lisa. It could be fun hanging with Mike for a day and learning some of the stuff he knows about! This is a great time of year to be in those hills too!
#3 - Sabby (I think she's from the LA area) . I haven't been to LA in several years, so this would be a good reason to visit there again.

When it comes to _ I actually make a better ref than a coach. I know I get too wound up to be a coach whereas I can easily stay impartial to ref. __ I would make a pretty good Coach ?

Old 06-07-2010, 11:13 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,657,167 times
The speed limit ?
5 mph over ?
10 mph over ?
zoom zoom ?

Bonus Question:

Some of them would be ? Carrabbas

Extra Credit Question:

When it comes to marriage I guess you could say I am a bit "old fashioned" ?

Just for Fun:

Which QOTD family member would you like to swap places with for the day ? MadManofBethesda the day they leave on that 34 day cruise cuz than I'm "stuck" on the ship!!!!!!

Oh ok you can pick 3

When it comes to beer pong I would make a pretty good Coach ?

Today in History:
1775 - United Colonies change name to United States
1929 - Vatican City becomes a sovereign state
1937 - The cover of "LIFE" magazine showed the latest in campus fashions of the times which included saddle shoes.
1955 - 1st President to appear on color TV, Eisenhower
1955 - "$64,000 Question" premieres on CBS TV
1965 - Sony Corp introduced its home video tape recorder, priced at $995 (and only in black & white).
1972 - "Grease" opens at Broadhurst Theater New York City for 3,388 performances
1993 - Prince celebrated his birthday by changing his name to a symbol

Word of the Day:
fathom \FATH-uhm\ , verb;
1. To penetrate to the truth of; comprehend; understand.
2. To measure the depth of water by means of a sounding line; sound.
noun:
1. A unit of length equal to six feet (1.8 meters): used chiefly in nautical measurements.

Today is:
National Chocolate Ice Cream Day
National Cheer Coaches Day
National Tailors Day
National Family Recreation Day
VCR Day
June Bug Day
Daniel Boone Day

Old 06-07-2010, 11:24 AM

54,492 posts, read 33,845,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post

Extra Credit Question:

When it comes to_________ I guess you could say I am a bit "old fashioned" ?
I don't know if "Old fashioned" is the right phrase, but Tradional is more like it, when it comes to my conduct towards the special woman in my life... and no, I'm not saying that she should wear those clothes they wore during colonial days 300 years ago.. I think being respectful and good to her is what a man should do. Of course I'm not talking about women, who tend to take advantage of such men.

Arghh.. I wish they'd give us the option to make corrections in our messages for a longer time period, instead of the 60 minutes they have now. I underlined my typo in the quoted message, and I meant to say Traditional, not Tradional..

Old 06-07-2010, 11:32 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,287,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Monday

Today's Question(s):

The speed limit ?
5 mph over ?
10 mph over ?
zoom zoom ?

It actually depends on where we're at. Husband's the driver, and he usually tries to go with the traffic flow.

Bonus Question:

Does your TV "tease you" by airing commercials for stores or restaurants that are not in your area ? Yes!

Some of them would be ? Boston Market is one of them. We had them here in the 80's and early-90's and all of them closed down.

Extra Credit Question:

When it comes to "promiscuity" I guess you could say I am a bit "old fashioned" ?

Just for Fun:

Which QOTD family member would you like to swap places with for the day ? Magnum Mike, because he's going to Hawaii!

Oh ok you can pick 3

When it comes to getting someone started on blues music I would make a pretty good Coach! And I've done it.

Today is:
National Chocolate Ice Cream Day
National Cheer Coaches Day
National Tailors Day
National Family Recreation Day
VCR Day I still have/use mine!
June Bug Day
Daniel Boone Day
Stay out of trouble!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics