Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 05:19 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,205,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
Thanks for the reference. Two tools that helped me tremendously with the Urantia was the accompanying Concordex (which you may have) and availing myself of study groups when I could find them. I tend to sort the odd designations to the demensions beyond time and space as mysteries, many of which are beyond finite comprehension in current existential human form. The fact that the book is written at or above doctoral level adds further difficulty for me and that is where the study groups added richness and understanding along with my approach was that this is a textbook. I am but a mere student. My life and understanding of things spiritual has never been the same since I first began my studies some 20 years ago.
Thanks for the info about the Concordex. I just ordered it.

I live in rural Nebraska and am probably the only one in the entire county who ever even heard of the Urantia Book.......so no study groups around here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 05:54 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Thanks for the info about the Concordex. I just ordered it.

I live in rural Nebraska and am probably the only one in the entire county who ever even heard of the Urantia Book.......so no study groups around here.
Your welcome.

Go Big Red, my alma mater.
I remember a lot of wide open spaces as far as the eye could see.......

Old 04-18-2011, 12:10 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,208,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
I think for the most part people are afraid of talking about metaphysics or new age stuff because they will get attacked on both sides.

Crystals and gems are amazing. I usually have one or two in my pocket at all times. I even have a crystal necklace that I wear. I have various gems, minerals, and crystals around my apartment as well. The energy in my home is great, and I get comments on it all the time about how tranquil it feels. A home need not be cluttered with electronics to be relaxing, I love sitting down with a book in silence and allowing the energy to flow through me.

I was taught reiki through the Usui Shiki Ryoho tradition. I was taught how to apply reiki through the hand. Yet, I have developed the ability to apply it to myself without the use of my own hands. I only need to concentrate on the area of the body I want to work on and I get the same results. I still apply the hand technique to myself and others when I need faster results. Reiki is amazing, especially if applied during massage.
What kind of crystals do you use? There is this amazing rock shop nearby where I live that has nearly every kind of crystal...I have some basic quartz and amethysts I keep around my apartment and I'm looking to expand my collection..but the books I've read on crystals are a little overwhelming.

A general question:

Nowadays so many crystals are produced in laboratories...does this change the effect they have? Is it better to acquire ones that are naturally-occurring?

Old 04-18-2011, 08:24 AM

2,505 posts, read 2,326,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt Sage View Post
What kind of crystals do you use? There is this amazing rock shop nearby where I live that has nearly every kind of crystal...I have some basic quartz and amethysts I keep around my apartment and I'm looking to expand my collection..but the books I've read on crystals are a little overwhelming.

A general question:

Nowadays so many crystals are produced in laboratories...does this change the effect they have? Is it better to acquire ones that are naturally-occurring?
I feel that naturally occuring crystals are better. Crystals are crystals weather lab grown or natural. The only way to know for sure is to go to your local rock and gem shop and "feel" the right crystal. I hover my hand over the rocks and gems, some have too much energy, others to little. When I feel the right energy coming from one I grab it and hold on to it, I am very sensitive to energy and pick up on it well, some don't. Each person resonates at their own energy vibration at any given time and this vibration is always changing.

Basically, it is up to the user. Lab grown crystals have their place in the new age metaphysical movement just as much as natural crystals. Just make sure you know what you are buying. I think that lab grown crystals are generally more expensive than the natural ones. If it is labeled lab grown, look for imperfections, it should have very few or none at all. If it has more than you feel a "lab grown" one should have, it probably isn't lab grown.

Another fun thing to do depending on where you live, go hunting for your own crystals, gems, and minerals. I am planning on doing that this year, once the ground thaws a bit more.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:08 AM

Just to let you all know I started a New age/metaphysical group. I couldn't find any group that already existed. You are all free to join. I think we need to unite and become more noticeable on this forum, may be then we can get our own sub-forum.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/group...#gmessage13470

Old 04-19-2011, 03:33 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,671,533 times
When I found my Lumerian crystal- it about knocked me out.
I was looking for one and a gem show came to town and I was on a mission.
I came across one booth (small show) that had Lumerians. I looked over the collection. Picked one up, 'ooo pretty'. Then another caught my eye, it was beautiful! I picked it up and instantly my core temp went up, a rush of energy starting at my solar plexus and moving up to my heart made my head spin.
I felt like I was about to pass out. I had to set it down. I walked away to cool off and get my senses back to 'normal'. I went back and picked it up again- same thing happened but not as strong and intense. But still overwhelming. Set it back down...came back, picked it up...now it was just a buzz.
Of course I took it home.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:31 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,023,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Well- I do not fear a debate....where is it? Let me at it!
A resource I will add to the discussion- read anything by John C. Lilly.
I particularly enjoyed "The Simulations of God" and "Center of the Cyclone".

Anyway, I want to support the information that is being given and discussed.
Having never fit into any box with a lable, I just call myself a free-form spiritualist.
I learned about the law of attraction many years ago (before the internet) by accident. Long before 'The Secret' and the concept became 'mainstream'.
I can vouch for the law of attraction because of my experiences. Too many experiences to share, unless someone wonders about something, asks a question, and then share my experience that pertains to the wondering.
My motto is (and I love a good play on words) LOVE is our SOUL purpose.
I have many 'signs'. I find all kinds of sychronicities in my life and pay close attention to them.
I also have 11:11 showing up constantly and that number has been with me for about 30 years now.
I would have more resources to offer if I was on my computer rather than my phone. Navigation and grabing links is easier on my comp.
I Love your motto!! It's perfect.

I see the 11:11's and derivitives as well. When they really need something or I need to do something, I am completely bombarded with the numbers. A great site for them is 1111angels.com. I love George and all who go there as they make everyone feel as though they are a part of the family, even the newbies.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:34 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,023,692 times
Quote:
I came across one booth (small show) that had Lumerians. I looked over the collection. Picked one up, 'ooo pretty'. Then another caught my eye, it was beautiful! I picked it up and instantly my core temp went up, a rush of energy starting at my solar plexus and moving up to my heart made my head spin.
I felt like I was about to pass out. I had to set it down. I walked away to cool off and get my senses back to 'normal'. I went back and picked it up again- same thing happened but not as strong and intense. But still overwhelming. Set it back down...came back, picked it up...now it was just a buzz.
I have tons of chrystals as well but no Lumerians. Where do I get those? I live in an area where there is no chrystals of any kind, even for sale so I would have to order them or go out of state. I know NC has quite a collection and northern CA but other than that, I wouldn't know where to look.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:38 AM

Quote:
I have been looking for a lumerian crystal for a few months now. I saw one at a holistic fair we had a few months ago. I was already overwhelmed by the energy of the fair that I swore that I would not touch too many crystals.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:35 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,459,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
His books are wonderful. I like to read so I have quite a lot that I've read.
I love reading Deepak Chopra but I always refrain from recommending him to non-believers because it's easy to take one look at him and make the criticism that he's in it for the money (even though I don't think he is).

There is one lecture he gave that I thought was excellent. It used to be YouTube but I couldn't find it anywhere. It's about a whole new approach to medicine--treating the person as a mind-body-spirit and not just as a physical body, and seeing illness not as a physical state but an energy pattern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism