Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 07:00 PM

869 posts, read 1,493,770 times

Advertisements

Are you a witch? Why is there no wiccan sub-category? My religion is legitimate and should have legitimate discussion on the forums. So since there is no subcategory...how do you practice your wicca? what does your family think of your choice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 07:33 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave5150 View Post
Are you a witch? Why is there no wiccan sub-category? My religion is legitimate and should have legitimate discussion on the forums. So since there is no subcategory...how do you practice your wicca? what does your family think of your choice?

I have a niece who is Wicca and I find it very interesting, since I'm Native American, she will consult with me on certain rituals and I ask questions of her about Wicca. We find there are a lot of similarities between the two beliefs. As to how I feel about her choice, I am proud of her as she is of me.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:47 PM

Thank you! It means a lot to me to hear of family support. I am part native but it wasnt a part of my childhood but for some reason i feel drawn to it with no way to find out my origins. But in my spiritual life i adhere to to mother earth theology. or the Goddess. The earth gives us our power and shares her wisdom through nature and protects us from harm and that so many people take advantage of her benevolence.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:56 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave5150 View Post
Thank you! It means a lot to me to hear of family support. I am part native but it wasnt a part of my childhood but for some reason i feel drawn to it with no way to find out my origins. But in my spiritual life i adhere to to mother earth theology. or the Goddess. The earth gives us our power and shares her wisdom through nature and protects us from harm and that so many people take advantage of her benevolence.
Through various conversations and discussions with my niece, I have found that the Wicca belief in the Goddess is very similar to my native belief of respecting the spirit of Mother Earth.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:16 PM

Do you have a spiritual animal? or a kindred spirit in the animal kingdom? do you feel atracted to a particular element or area?

Old 11-09-2011, 09:34 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,783,345 times
I practice a little and follow the wheel of the sabbats, the cycles of the moon, worship nature and call upon goddesses. But I'm certainly not a public witch. My partner thinks it's a great way of living but would be concerned of social backlash and due to more of a public role I have in my community, it is best that I keep it "undercover". Although I do tell people, it's a going to be a full moon tomorrow, and drop tad bits of info along the way. Also I have a friend who I meet with on occasion to do rituals with but we are sworn to secrecy

I consider myself spiritual first and foremost.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:21 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,783,345 times
I personally still think Wicca is one of the most misunderstood religions of all time.

People are still deathly afraid of it and think its devil worshiping. Hopefully that fear will start to dissolve at a more rapid pace.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:24 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
I think that as religions go, Wicca is one of the least objectionable.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:53 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
My best friend was a wiccan, he died about three years ago. He was a good man. That I disbelieve in all of the gods didn't phase him one bit.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
My best friend was a wiccan, he died about three years ago. He was a good man. That I disbelieve in all of the gods didn't phase him one bit.
Im glad he was good friend. And why would it? I would never begrudge anyone elses beliefs as long as they arent harming anyone else. And Im pretty sure he wasnt, it just isnt our way generally. And you probably arent either. Thank you for knowing that witches arent "evil"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism