Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 04:49 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,196,027 times

Advertisements

People will worship fruit if it means they don't have to face reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 05:09 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,324,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
What have you been healed from and how did it happen?
Just to be clear, it is more of a treatment than a cure. The terms New age, spiritual healing, and alternative medicine are thrown around too much. I prefer complimentary spiritual therapy.

I was born six weeks premature. Since birth I have had several nerve, and respiratory issues. Ranging from muscle twitching, adhd, asthma, and pneumonia 7 times. I had been to doctors several times to fix or even just treat the cause, not the symptoms. Never did a doctor do what I asked, the treated the symptoms and never the cause.

While growing up I was raised catholic, got married and joined mormonism, got divorced and went Christian. Finally after about two years of Christian living, I just stopped believing, I felt that it wasn't right for me and that there was something else. I started looking into things and slowly became atheist and a skeptic. My opinion of religion and spiritual practices was harsh and I batted them away one after the other. Then I realized my judgment was bias. My raison d'etre is to seek knowledge and share it when appropriate. It is my passion. So, I started investigating various spiritual claims, I didn't cast judgment, I sat and listened, I was finally starting to understand why people believed in such things. Then I was invited to go to a class that taught reiki and qi gong.

By this time, I had gotten used to the muscle and nerve spasms, adha, and asthma. I figured I would always have it. While at the class, I participated in various things and learned about the practices. Over the next week after the class, I realized I hadn't used my inhaler, I was more focused, and I didn't have any muscle or nerve spasms. two weeks later, still nothing. After a while I had pretty much forgotten about the class and moved on. The adhd, asthma, and everything ele was back just as it was before.

A friend suggested I see a massage therapist to help with the muscle and nerve problems. I looked one up and scheduled an appointment. I had no idea she was one of these "spiritual healers". After one of her sessions, once again, I was without any of my medical issues. At the next session, I asked what she did. She told me she uses various alternative treatments such as reiki, qi gong, and one I still have no idea how to spell, she used crystals, essential oils, sound and auomatherapies. I have gone to see her now for about two and a half years. when I go without for two or more weeks, everything starts to come back, less and less, but it still comes back. She has guided me on how to do all of these things on my own, directed me to books, classes, and others who share an interest.

Now, I don't have to worry about missing a treatment with her, I can do it myself.

I have been "healed" for two and a half years this january.

Last edited by raison_d'etre; 11-28-2011 at 05:31 PM..

Old 11-28-2011, 05:26 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,497,190 times
How much do they charge?

Old 11-28-2011, 05:59 PM

3,040 posts, read 4,997,175 times
Quote:
What illness/sickness? Is it documented?
TG, every since I was about 11 years old I suffered from very bad headaches. One day my dad said he would take care of them, all he did was put his hands on the side of my head, I felt this warm feeling go completely through my head from one of his hand to the other, after that I've never had another headache.

I asked my dad how he did that, he told me when I got older he would teach how it is done and in my early 20's he taught me. You would be suprise as to the power of the spirit.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
People will worship fruit if it means they don't have to face reality.
And lack of understanding is the root of all bigotry.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:14 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,518,259 times
Quote:
Have you ever seen a new age healer that actually healed anyone? Until then I'll hold to my opinion.

Same could be said for preachers, could it not?

Old 11-28-2011, 07:48 PM

33,518 posts, read 37,111,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I met this woman who is into New Age and said she was going to see her "enlightenment teacher" and "spiritual healer." What in God's name is this all about? I had never heard of "New Age" or this concept of a "spiritual healer."

Somebody please, "enlighten" me.
Placebos for the gullible, as far as I'm concerned...If you go see one of these nuts leave your wallet at home...

Old 11-28-2011, 08:15 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,851,786 times
Quote:
Have you ever seen a new age healer that actually healed anyone? Until then I'll hold to my opinion.

Umm yes I have. I've had some pretty unique experiences that I won't share in such a public format. There are some very special people in the world and they offer some talents that can assist people in their spiritual growth. Some use their gifts in poor ways, seeking to profit from their talents. I prefer those that offer them as freely as they received them. those are the ones I find seem to have a clue.

The is a whole world of information in New Age materials some crazy but some extremely valid. You will find many will criticize when they have no personal knowledge and even less insight.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:54 PM

33,518 posts, read 37,111,020 times
Some of you should read this.... Quackwatch

Old 11-28-2011, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Umm yes I have. I've had some pretty unique experiences that I won't share in such a public format. There are some very special people in the world and they offer some talents that can assist people in their spiritual growth. Some use their gifts in poor ways, seeking to profit from their talents. I prefer those that offer them as freely as they received them. those are the ones I find seem to have a clue.

The is a whole world of information in New Age materials some crazy but some extremely valid. You will find many will criticize when they have no personal knowledge and even less insight.
I have no problem with people making money off of their ability. This isn't like some preist who gets paid by a church. These are usually non-religious tied people To offer such things to people drains energy and costs someone time. You wouldn't expect to get a prescription free, would you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism