Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2016, 11:25 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,166,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post

On the upside of that, I DO work through it, and I do NOT get sucked into it for long periods. These are relatively "new muscles" for me and they needed to be trained.
Well done.

And an excellent attitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2016, 03:18 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,278,419 times
I'm changing the subject (I hope nobody minds). I entered a photo contest. I'm hoping that you all will vote for my photos.

https://weather.com/photos/contest

Under "search" you can plug in CatwomanofV and my 8 photos will come up. You can vote for 1 a day. The leader at this point has close to 2000 and I have 2. I doubt I will win but having a few more votes would be nice.

Thanks everyone.

Cat

Old 08-06-2016, 04:01 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,387,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I'm changing the subject (I hope nobody minds). I entered a photo contest. I'm hoping that you all will vote for my photos.

https://weather.com/photos/contest

Under "search" you can plug in CatwomanofV and my 8 photos will come up. You can vote for 1 a day. The leader at this point has close to 2000 and I have 2. I doubt I will win but having a few more votes would be nice.

Thanks everyone.

Cat
Done. It's no secret, I love that raven picture.

Old 08-06-2016, 04:07 PM

88,560 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
I bowed out on the talk of lost loved ones that was taking place here last week; it was hitting a nerve because we've lost several people in the last year. But there was more sad news today and it makes me tired, for my mom's sake more than anything. She is an incredibly strong woman, but I don't know how much one person can take in such a short time. Her husband, her son, and now her only sibling is rapidly nearing the end of life, too. She handles it with such grace, bless her heart. I'm so proud of her and incredibly grateful for her example.
I am sorry that this is happening to your mother, Pleroo. Ten years ago my mother lost a son and a brother a week apart. Not sure how she held up the way she did. I know what you mean by being grateful for the example.

Old 08-06-2016, 04:11 PM

88,560 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Done. It's no secret, I love that raven picture.
It is nice, but I was taken by the nuthatch.

Old 08-06-2016, 04:22 PM

Thanks for your votes. You can vote once a day so you can do it all over again tomorrow. (hint, hint).

Thanks again.

Cat

Old 08-06-2016, 04:48 PM

I have no business posting pictures, because I am a point and click kinda girl, and all I have is a phone. But hubby and I visited a Japanese Garden last week, and I took a few. They are in an album here:

Japanese Garden

Most of them you'll have to turn your laptop on it's side to view, because I have no idea if/how to rotate them.

Old 08-06-2016, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I am sorry that this is happening to your mother, Pleroo. Ten years ago my mother lost a son and a brother a week apart. Not sure how she held up the way she did. I know what you mean by being grateful for the example.

Thanks MQ. I guess the thing is that, no matter how personal it feels, the truth is that everyone can relate to grief and loss.

Old 08-06-2016, 05:29 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,960,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Yesterday I caught, killed, cleaned, cooked, ate and appreciated a northern pike.
Daily we have 5 wild turkeys eating sunflower seeds in our back yard.
Are they edible and how does one catch a wild turkey, after all there are No turkey rod and reels sold anywhere.

Old 08-06-2016, 05:30 PM

Quote:
I have no business posting pictures, because I am a point and click kinda girl, and all I have is a phone. But hubby and I visited a Japanese Garden last week, and I took a few. They are in an album here:

Japanese Garden

Most of them you'll have to turn your laptop on it's side to view, because I have no idea if/how to rotate them.

I think they look great.

Cat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism