Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2017, 01:53 AM

88,081 posts, read 83,946,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
We can have a hugfest!

I am really saddened that some of the republicans have just silently fallen in behind the orange turd. It's sickening to read the news nowadays.

We have a friend who supposedly is a twistian, and he blithely made the comment that women should not be president because they have their "time of the month", <he used a different word> and they get cranky. He said Clinton would not be a good president because she gets cranky.

I was just floored that an adult, a supposed christian could make such a childish remark.
Wow, that is crazy. Of course, Clinton was past that age anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Just in case you're not feeling small enough...

There's this.
Nice.

Those of us who live where there's too much light pollution are doubly impressed when we get to see the full impact of the night sky.

I remember looking up at the sky in the night by the Grand Canyon and thinking, I'm not even as much as an ant in the grand scheme of things, yet at the same time felt such a part of it all.

Old 01-31-2017, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I hope that, too. Hubby & I are going to do something but at this point in time we don't know what.

Cat
I know what you mean. What can people do? How do we make our voices heard?

Old 01-31-2017, 08:33 AM

5,836 posts, read 5,230,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

When we come up with something, I'll let you know.

Cat

Old 02-02-2017, 12:59 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,470,078 times
I used to spend hours and hours outside at night, just sitting in my rocker enjoying the night sky, the breeze, and the hundreds of animal noises. After a while you can track the movement of the stars as they swirl around the horizon.

Quote:
When we come up with something, I'll let you know.

Cat
In the meantime, I read Teanderthal Party on facebook for a few laughs.

Old 02-02-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I used to spend hours and hours outside at night, just sitting in my rocker enjoying the night sky, the breeze, and the hundreds of animal noises. After a while you can track the movement of the stars as they swirl around the horizon.

In the meantime, I read Teanderthal Party on facebook for a few laughs.

It is funny that you should mention about the stars because Hubby & I keep seeing a star and are trying to figure out what star it is. It is super bright and flashes red. At first we thought it was a plane but nope. I did take a pic of it (zoomed in) but having brought the pic up on the computer yet. It is still in the camera-but it looks bluish. Yeah, I really should upload those pics.

Cat

Old 02-02-2017, 03:15 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,021,333 times
Quote:
It is funny that you should mention about the stars because Hubby & I keep seeing a star and are trying to figure out what star it is. It is super bright and flashes red. At first we thought it was a plane but nope. I did take a pic of it (zoomed in) but having brought the pic up on the computer yet. It is still in the camera-but it looks bluish. Yeah, I really should upload those pics.

Cat
I'm guessing space station.

Old 02-03-2017, 10:16 AM

10,490 posts, read 6,104,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
My sense/hope is that enough Republicans are, or soon will be, appalled at what Trump does and what he may be capable of, and align with Dems to bring about impeachment proceedings.

He has to be scaring even some of the butt-lickers in the Republican party. I think if folks like Cat and red and others focus their emails and protests at their nearest Republican representatives in the House or Senate, they may make more headway than having hugfests among the like-minded.

But noise must be made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I agree with you. Having got seriously despondent, I've been thinking a lot about this and the last few days trying to work out the best approach. Here's what I've concluded:
We've probably all seen how the tension has been escalating over the last two weeks, but I think just behaving the same way the Republicans behaved the last 8 years and giving them a taste of their own medicine just isn't going to work and is just going to make things worse. That kind of behaviour is what resulted in Trump in the first place and we cant reduce ourselves to that level. We need to be cleverer than that.
We need to make our voices heard as a NATION and we can do that by continuing the widespread peaceful protests, writing constant letters, signing every petition that comes your way and make it known loudly that we are not going to stand for this nonsense. One thing I've decided is that changes are not going to happen by arguing on facebook, we need to go directly to the top.

We have already made a difference.
This was posted by a friend of mine:
1. Federal hiring freeze is reversed for VA (Veteran Affairs).
2. Court order Partial stay of the immigration ban for those with valid visas.
3. Green card holders can get back in country.
4. Uber pledges $3M and immigration lawyers for its drivers after #DeleteUber trends on Twitter.
5. Obamacare (Affordable Care Act) enrollment ads are still going to air.
6. The ACLU raised 24M over the weekend (normally 3-4Mil/year).
7. HHS, EPA, USDA gag order lifted.
8. EPA climate data no longer scrubbed from website.
9. More people of different career/religious/economic/race backgrounds are considering running for political office than ever before.
10. MOST importantly, since we live in a participatory democracy, the people are engaged.
While more is needed, sometimes you have to celebrate your wins. Stay vigilant, but also take self care seriously. Activist burnout is a thing. Marathon, don't sprint.
#resist

Trout Dude I really came here because I noticed your updated status. Please share more! Are you engaged?

Old 02-03-2017, 10:41 AM

I get all sorts of political emails but the one that really cracked me up said, "Bernie needs you to call your senator." The thing is, Bernie IS my senator.

Cat

Old 02-03-2017, 10:47 AM

10,490 posts, read 6,104,328 times
Quote:
I get all sorts of political emails but the one that really cracked me up said, "Bernie needs you to call your senator." The thing is, Bernie IS my senator.

Cat
How things would have been different if only Bernie had been President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism