Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2017, 09:15 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
We are going to have a little birthday party for our granddaughter's 5th birthday party and then watch the ballet. Her father is the artist director/choreographer.

Cat
Nice! Do you get front row seats?

As I was watching it, I was thinking how hard it must be to do a performance like that on grass/an unlevel surface (and how it wouldn't surprise me if one of the dancers ended up in an audience member's lap). I trip over my own feet, so that's impressive to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2017, 10:43 AM

5,851 posts, read 5,275,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Nice! Do you get front row seats?

As I was watching it, I was thinking how hard it must be to do a performance like that on grass/an unlevel surface (and how it wouldn't surprise me if one of the dancers ended up in an audience member's lap). I trip over my own feet, so that's impressive to me.

Our seats are the ones that we bring. We usually bring chairs but many people bring blankets.

I took this last year when we went to see it.

I am a little worried because it is raining today. But the performance is about a 2 hour drive from here so it may not be raining there.

Cat

Old 07-15-2017, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Our seats are the ones that we bring. We usually bring chairs but many people bring blankets.

I am a little worried because it is raining today. But the performance is about a 2 hour drive from here so it may not be raining there.

Cat
Wow! What a pic!

Fingers crossed for sunny skies.

Old 07-15-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Wow! What a pic!

Fingers crossed for sunny skies.

Thanks. That was one of those shots of "I got it! I got it!" You should have seen all the ones that I didn't get. lol.

Cat

Old 07-16-2017, 10:46 AM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:

Cat

UM, there is a man wearing panties.

Wait, I spoke too soon.

Old 07-16-2017, 03:20 PM

Didn't get any GREAT shots last night but I did manage to get this one:

I think last night's performance was better than last year. They didn't have the fireflies nor the bee this year but they had 4 new dances-a lady bug, a caterpillar that turned into a butterfly, cardinals pas de deux and carrots dancing to Swan Lake which I loved.

As you can see, it was muddy. The dancers got pretty dirty but no one slipped. BTW, one of the dancers is in her 70s. I am amazed that she does this. But, every time I see her, she reminds me of my mother. Hubby agrees. She looked like her.

What they also didn't have this year was the Apple Tree dance-one of my favs. This was a dress rehearsal of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h55oML-rNSo

We did walk around the farm a bit and there was one alpaca that had eyes for my husband. lol.

Cat

Old 07-17-2017, 03:22 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,247,964 times
Quote:
Took this the other night:

She was orange. This was the only half way decent shot. You can see a tree & telephone lines that got in the way. When I tried to get a shot without them, it just didn't come out-nor did she look orange. I tried to get a good shot but she just didn't want to have her pic taken.

Cat
Beautiful. I love the lacy look of the tree. It just adds a subtle touch to the brightness of the moon and the darkness of the sky.

Old 07-17-2017, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Didn't get any GREAT shots last night but I did manage to get this one:

I think last night's performance was better than last year. They didn't have the fireflies nor the bee this year but they had 4 new dances-a lady bug, a caterpillar that turned into a butterfly, cardinals pas de deux and carrots dancing to Swan Lake which I loved.

As you can see, it was muddy. The dancers got pretty dirty but no one slipped. BTW, one of the dancers is in her 70s. I am amazed that she does this. But, every time I see her, she reminds me of my mother. Hubby agrees. She looked like her.

What they also didn't have this year was the Apple Tree dance-one of my favs. This was a dress rehearsal of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h55oML-rNSo

We did walk around the farm a bit and there was one alpaca that had eyes for my husband. lol.

Cat
Another nice pic.

Love the Apple Tree dance. The blossoms at the end were a very cool touch.

Old 07-17-2017, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Another nice pic.

Love the Apple Tree dance. The blossoms at the end were a very cool touch.

I like the blossoms, too.

FYI, the "rooster" in the first pic is not the same "rooster" in the second pic. It is the one in the second pic who is the artistic director/choreographer that we have heard people call a genius. Hubby couldn't be more proud (not so mention his step-mother ).

Every time we go to see it, I REALLY want to be in it. But, rehearsals are an hour & a half from us. Ballet is just calling me. I actually took a couple of his advance classes a few years ago and lived to tell the tale. Not too bad considering I hadn't taken a class in a couple of decades before. I guess ballet is like riding a bicycle-unfortunately, my body wasn't used to doing it and man, I was sore for days after. I REALLY would love to go back but when you don't drive, it is very hard. I hate to ask my "chauffeur" because what would he do for the hour while I am dancing?

Cat

Old 07-17-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
I like the blossoms, too.

FYI, the "rooster" in the first pic is not the same "rooster" in the second pic. It is the one in the second pic who is the artistic director/choreographer that we have heard people call a genius. Hubby couldn't be more proud (not so mention his step-mother ).

Every time we go to see it, I REALLY want to be in it. But, rehearsals are an hour & a half from us. Ballet is just calling me. I actually took a couple of his advance classes a few years ago and lived to tell the tale. Not too bad considering I hadn't taken a class in a couple of decades before. I guess ballet is like riding a bicycle-unfortunately, my body wasn't used to doing it and man, I was sore for days after. I REALLY would love to go back but when you don't drive, it is very hard. I hate to ask my "chauffeur" because what would he do for the hour while I am dancing?

Cat
Watch you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism