Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2018, 10:07 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,151,240 times

Advertisements

I cry at sappy TV commercials. I cry when young kids score their first goal, or get their first hit in baseball. Especially if they show the parents beaming and high-fiving in the crowd. I cry to hundreds of songs. I cry when I think of my four-legged brother dying before I do, and I cry when I think of his pain if I go first.

The older I get the more things there are to cry about. I call it Male Mentalpause.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2018, 10:16 PM

23,112 posts, read 10,408,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I cry at sappy TV commercials. I cry when young kids score their first goal, or get their first hit in baseball. Especially if they show the parents beaming and high-fiving in the crowd. I cry to hundreds of songs. I cry when I think of my four-legged brother dying before I do, and I cry when I think of his pain if I go first.

The older I get the more things there are to cry about. I call it Male Mentalpause.
It is something, those are all the things I would cry about, male mental something broken as hell.

Old 09-29-2018, 06:35 PM

88,487 posts, read 84,635,392 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
It is something, those are all the things I would cry about, male mental something broken as hell.
You two are both making ME cry.

Old 09-29-2018, 08:17 PM

5,847 posts, read 5,269,403 times
When Hubby & I were first dating, we were watching a movie (Creator with Peter O'Toole-excellent movie). As many times as I see this movie, I ALWAYS cry at one point. When we watched that scene, I was so afraid to cry because I thought that Hubby would think I was stupid for crying at a movie. I looked over at him and tears were streaming down his face. I was like, "Oh, he cries at movies, too. It is ok." So, many times the two of us are crying together at movies.

I think the saying, "I hate to see a grown man cry" is so stupid. I would rather see a man cry-it shows that he is sensitive, has empathy and compassion-traits that I like in men-and women.

Cat

Old 09-30-2018, 06:18 PM

Men have emotions to cry at movies, what I am talking about is feeding the birds and watch a mother feed her chic brings on end of the world crying, freakish crying, sounds like machine guns crying, oo oo oo oo oo oo really fast, throw yourself down on the ground crying emotion because you seen some bird get fed by his mother. You start wondering what is wrong with you lol. Some brain disorder, no doubt about that, hormones, whatever.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:24 AM

88,487 posts, read 84,635,392 times
Quote:
Men have emotions to cry at movies, what I am talking about is feeding the birds and watch a mother feed her chic brings on end of the world crying, freakish crying, sounds like machine guns crying, oo oo oo oo oo oo really fast, throw yourself down on the ground crying emotion because you seen some bird get fed by his mother. You start wondering what is wrong with you lol. Some brain disorder, no doubt about that, hormones, whatever.
None of the above, just being a compassionate person who feels the connection with the rest of the world.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:57 AM

5,847 posts, read 5,269,403 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
None of the above, just being a compassionate person who feels the connection with the rest of the world.

What she said.

Cat

Old 10-01-2018, 10:57 AM

5,535 posts, read 7,103,182 times
Crying is good for us, now and then.

I tested myself recently, by watching some great old films:

- Gone with the Wind 1939

- The_Search 1948

- On_Borrowed_Time 1939 < Nobody had greater cue-able waterworks like Bobs Watson.

Last edited by Tantalust; 10-01-2018 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: added links

Old 10-01-2018, 01:36 PM

Crying is a burden at times when I get to where I cry over any stupid thing, I never cry about not having something or getting hurt, it really makes me wonder if I can do anything about it.

What I said about Ben Affleck crying, well, thank God I am not in the public eye, but every time I think about Ben Affleck, I see him crying in Armegeddon and other movies, and then to see him crying in the back of that car was too much..... I might like to cry, but I don't want to see actors crying like babies, and on top of that, they got the whole world at their feet and they can't seem to be happy. I guess that might be hypocritical but if I was an actor, I wouldn't even take on a role that had me weeping, and I sure wouldn't let the world see me crying. I mean,'' FREAKING GET OVER IT BEN, big ass cry baby.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:50 PM

11,013 posts, read 5,966,449 times
Quote:

Yup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism