Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2014, 10:27 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,466,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Hi Redbird. What state is home?
Hello, TroutDude. I live in Oklahoma. We don't get as much snow as you folks.

I loved the stories of feeding the (feral?) cats.

Mightyqueen, I took some pics of an old abandoned gas station out here in the boonies. It burned down a few months after I took pics of it. I will see if I can scrounge around and find it. I love photography. But I have not been shooting much of anything lately.

I probably should get a new camera since I am recently retired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2014, 03:47 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,118,839 times

Old 11-18-2014, 09:46 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,418,946 times
I'm jealous

Beautiful place to live.

Old 11-18-2014, 10:59 AM

31,374 posts, read 20,015,993 times
Thanks for the kind words, Redbird. I've got an e-friend from OK. She lives in Enid.

Alt - very nifty photo. If not Photoshopped - it's stunning. If it was, it's still very impressive.

Jim, if that comment was aimed at my winter pic, you're absolutely correct. It is very beautiful here, in every season. I looked for two years before finding this place.

Old 11-18-2014, 03:34 PM

22,827 posts, read 10,236,681 times
Quote:
Two nights ago, the bay on which I live froze over. Last night, we got some snow.

Today - and most likely for the next 4+ months - my world is white.

Too cool, reminds me of vacations in Colorado, those were the best days.

Old 11-18-2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
So do I. I call them the "elders of the council" since they have been around for so many thousands of years.

Movies: Full Metal Jacket, Rush Hour, Princess Bride, and many from the 40s and 50s.

Life is good as I am approximately 24 days away from retirement. I did my time. Next job will be a job which I am passionate about without worry of how much I will get paid.

I would never move from this state as my tribe and about 40 other Native American tribes reside here. It is nice to be around other native Peoples.

We always have pets. Right now we have two morkies, one is 7 months old and weighs 4 1/4 lbs and the other is 11 years old. She is getting old and frail, but still has that heart of a lion terrier in her.

I also have two feral cats that we have raised since they were born in my man cave a year ago. One is pure white and she is my favorite. She is in the house tonight purring up a storm.
My mother's parents were full blooded Cherokee, and all my cousins have stayed in court trying to prove that they are Indian, they all want a number.

I would never even consider it though.

It would be so nice to live around Native people, but I can only assume it would be pure hell for a guy like me.

No number.

I never tried to get one, but there doesn't seem to be any acceptance unless you have one.

Old 11-18-2014, 04:12 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,010,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post

No number.

I never tried to get one, but there doesn't seem to be any acceptance unless you have one.
That's not been my experience. At all.

Old 11-18-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
That's not been my experience. At all.

I would really hope so, maybe it's just my luck that I have run into the wrong kind of Indians{angry ones}, but it's probably the sheer volume of ridiculous people claiming to be Native.

I mean, that would be so irritating.

We used to go to Oklahoma for family reunions when I was a child, and it was so much fun, but I haven't done that for 30 years, can't even remember where it was.

To look at my family pictures is to be looking at Indians, nobody could make a mistake.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:42 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,118,839 times
Quote:
Alt - very nifty photo. If not Photoshopped - it's stunning. If it was, it's still very impressive.
It is real. I got it from National Geographic.

Old 11-18-2014, 08:13 PM

I just noticed that, the lion that is, really cool pic.

The National G pic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism