Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2015, 01:46 PM

5,836 posts, read 5,221,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Thanks.

Cat, is the pic hosted on a sharing site?

Yeah, it is on Flickr.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/23251068@N02/

Cat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2015, 02:50 PM

31,374 posts, read 19,998,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
Some beautiful shots there, Cat.

Old 03-13-2015, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Some beautiful shots there, Cat.

Thanks. I haven't really been putting things up there too much lately.

Here is a slideshow of the birds I have shot in the past year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqPwTpcaz54

Cat

Old 03-17-2015, 09:43 PM

Although the only quality I share with the Irish is a fondness for writing and the occasional dram of ale/whisky/whatever, I'd like to wish those who proudly wear the Green a happy day, a wondrous night and a peaceful sleep -- followed by recognizing whereabouts you've awakened.

Old 03-17-2015, 11:08 PM

27,870 posts, read 29,674,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
Thanks. I haven't really been putting things up there too much lately.

Here is a slideshow of the birds I have shot in the past year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqPwTpcaz54

Cat
Loved the video. Especially loved listening to Julie Andrews singing one of my favorite songs.

Old 03-18-2015, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Loved the video. Especially loved listening to Julie Andrews singing one of my favorite songs.

Thanks. I love Julie Andrews, too. Because I used her song, my video is blocked in Germany (because of copyright laws) but I couldn't think of any other song that would be more fitting than that one so I chose not to have people in Germany be able to view it.

Cat

Old 04-08-2015, 04:51 PM

Snowing heavily here.

Yep.

April 8th....

sigh

Old 04-08-2015, 05:12 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,159,203 times
Quote:
Snowing heavily here.

Yep.

April 8th....

sigh
Spring finally got here. We have a tornado watch until eleven tonight. I hate spring.... Yeah, I know that for all the 'weather', most people in this state have never seen a tornado. Our area isn't in the main 'highway'. Still, I'll be glad when the 'season' gets over even if we have summer temps then.

Old 04-08-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Spring finally got here. We have a tornado watch until eleven tonight. I hate spring.... Yeah, I know that for all the 'weather', most people in this state have never seen a tornado. Our area isn't in the main 'highway'. Still, I'll be glad when the 'season' gets over even if we have summer temps then.
We had a hint of it last week. The red-wing blackbirds, grackles and robins came back.

Now, they're just sitting glumly in the trees, muttering.

But if the weather munchkins are correct, we'll have temps in the high 50s in 2-4 days and that should finally put paid to this winter. I hope.

Hope you stay out of any twister's path.

Old 04-08-2015, 09:02 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,159,203 times
Quote:
We had a hint of it last week. The red-wing blackbirds, grackles and robins came back.

Now, they're just sitting glumly in the trees, muttering.

But if the weather munchkins are correct, we'll have temps in the high 50s in 2-4 days and that should finally put paid to this winter. I hope.

Hope you stay out of any twister's path.
The peach tree has buds, but the big trees don't yet. Looks like the lawn will need attention soon, at least after I get the native plants I'm going to grow in a planter out first. Haven't checked to see if the mower still lives. It's not as cold and my best friend is flonaise which actually does work to stop allergies. I'm really looking forward to getting out the sander and the new door fixed up. The dogs mostly did in the paper one and its layered in chunks of wood. I'm going to celebrate the leaffing out of my trees, since they are very spiritual, an old tree which split into three. It forms a canopy over most of the yard and I love to stand there and feel the spirit. I caught a flight of the large owl who lives in this area the other night as he crused around for dinner.

Given I used to live in very dry socal, I can accept the nervy nights with storms right now....

I feel like I've been cruising along other years, and really want to do those improvements I've been thinking of this year.

The storms are sometimes scary, but I've gotten where I'm peaking out the window to watch the lightening... I even slept through one. There's an odd 'feeling' here, people sort of fatalistic about storms. I think it would be much harder if we lived when there was no tv or alerts and I couldn't follow the radar on my computer. This area seems more likely to get the heavy rain and thunder over other things. There's been few tornados come through here and they do tend to go around and to the north. There's a town full of 80 plus year old houses, so that's a good sign too. (unless the earthquakes do them in).

This isn't the easiest place to live, but somehow I think I was led to the right place.

My puppy is even FINALLY starting to settle down. She is full of yapping and bouncing and lets play now when she wakes up, so I'd bring her out of the bedroom by herself first. But went to bed with them asleep the other night and they were getting along fine, and still are. (other than food time).

My older male does this warning to her when she's about to go off, and she's to be fixed, so I'm pleased by the current good vibes between them. They are a *great* security system and cat fight stoppers and living doorbells. Never thought I'd have such a tall dog either since I was afraid of them before I met Gumby. Pokey won't be as big but is definately part shepard. And yes, both after the cartoon friends. Also both rescues. He came from a neighbor who rescued the pups from his family farm, and she was dumped as a very small pup at Walmart. Wonderful kids now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism