Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2015, 11:14 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That day is still with me three months later, can you tell?
Glad you had that day, MQ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2015, 11:43 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Glad you had that day, MQ.
Something about the wind and waves that is healing to the soul.

Old 12-04-2015, 12:15 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,275,259 times
I took this in Puerto Rico a few years ago.

I took this one this past Feb.

Those are mangrove islands.

Cat

Old 12-04-2015, 03:10 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Very nice, Cat.

I remember seeing a nature show about the wildlife that lives among the mangrove roots. It was fascinating.

Old 12-04-2015, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Very nice, Cat.

I remember seeing a nature show about the wildlife that lives among the mangrove roots. It was fascinating.

When I have a bit more time, I post some of the pics of have taken of the wildlife there-and I'm not talking about my husband's cousins.

Cat

Old 12-04-2015, 09:10 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Thanks for sharing MQ. I've never experienced the ocean, other than a few brief moments walking on the beach along the Gulf of Mexico in Mississippi (does that count?) and, many decades ago, one late night venture to a beach in Miami after a long night of partying, which I frankly barely remembered even the next morning.

The closest I've come to what I imagine is a similar feeling is the Great Lakes ... they have a magic all their own.
Yes, the Gulf of Mexico counts! It is beautiful. My late former MIL lived on the Gulf side of Florida so we used to go at least once a year.

But I really want to see the Great Lakes. I have seen photos of them in a storm and it's unbelievable that lakes can look like that. Would be just fine visiting in the calm, though. And as a disaster junkie, I know all the words to The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald and even listened to the radio calls on YouTube this year on the 40th anniversary.

Old 12-06-2015, 04:02 PM

A little rant:

Why do people on a message board have issues with what people have in their houses-something that couldn't possibly effect them in any way whatsoever?

A few examples:

Last year, I wrote about getting rid of four garbage bags of old clothes (something I was very proud of) but I put a few boxes in the attic of clothing that means a lot of me that I can't part with. Someone who I have never met is telling me to throw them away. WHAT??!!! Who is does that person think he/she is to tell me what I can and can't keep? And are they going to be effected by what I keep in my attic?

In the house section, Someone posted a pic of their bathroom and someone told them to get rid of their toilet seat cover. I am like WTF??!!!! Why is that even an issue? Is that person going to use the first one's bathroom EVER?

What is it with these people? There was on person in the cat section telling me that I should be feeding my cats raw/canned food all them time when I informed them that they are on prescription food that I buy directly from the vet. Does this person really know what is better for my cats than my vet does?

Ok, rant over. Had to get it out. We now return to the previously scheduled programming.

Cat

Old 12-06-2015, 04:49 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
A little rant:

Why do people on a message board have issues with what people have in their houses-something that couldn't possibly effect them in any way whatsoever?

A few examples:

Last year, I wrote about getting rid of four garbage bags of old clothes (something I was very proud of) but I put a few boxes in the attic of clothing that means a lot of me that I can't part with. Someone who I have never met is telling me to throw them away. WHAT??!!! Who is does that person think he/she is to tell me what I can and can't keep? And are they going to be effected by what I keep in my attic?

In the house section, Someone posted a pic of their bathroom and someone told them to get rid of their toilet seat cover. I am like WTF??!!!! Why is that even an issue? Is that person going to use the first one's bathroom EVER?

What is it with these people? There was on person in the cat section telling me that I should be feeding my cats raw/canned food all them time when I informed them that they are on prescription food that I buy directly from the vet. Does this person really know what is better for my cats than my vet does?

Ok, rant over. Had to get it out. We now return to the previously scheduled programming.

Cat
You feed you cat canned food? Do you realize what goes into making that can of death? There is a hotline for Peta that you need to look into right away. It describes the horrors that go into making that can of cat food, some people have no shame.

Old 12-06-2015, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes, the Gulf of Mexico counts! It is beautiful. My late former MIL lived on the Gulf side of Florida so we used to go at least once a year.

But I really want to see the Great Lakes. I have seen photos of them in a storm and it's unbelievable that lakes can look like that. Would be just fine visiting in the calm, though. And as a disaster junkie, I know all the words to The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald and even listened to the radio calls on YouTube this year on the 40th anniversary.
Best to see the great lakes before they get ruined with them alien fish with no passports. Asian carp?

Old 12-06-2015, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Very nice, Cat.

Wasn't there something like mangrove being the biggest tree or something weird that maybe it dates things, I can't remember now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism