Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 07:45 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,673,132 times

Advertisements

Welcome frandollow! Pull up a cyber chair and join in! I am very new to this also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 09:24 AM

194 posts, read 236,927 times
I want to suggest a great app called Galaxy Tarot, which gives easy to understand descriptions of all the cards. I always try to read them on my own, what does it mean to me as each card has a story to tell, then I will refer to the actual description. The app also has some awesome features like your card of the day and you can also do reading through it. Although I prefer to physically use my deck, you can do that too and plug in the cards you lay down. I have found my card of the day to be quite accurate. I just find this app the easiest when trying to refer to cards that I have forgotten the meaning of, I just got back into Tarot a few months ago, so still getting reacquainted!

Old 02-09-2016, 12:17 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,650,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frandollow View Post
I am also new to Tarot and of course have great interest to learn it. How can I do that? Is there any easy to way to follow?
Lots of reading books about the cards, doing practice readings, keeping a journal.
One of my favorite authors of tarot is Mary Greer. Any book from her is a good one to help with study.

I'm not sure what you mean by easy. One can get the basics of tarot down pretty easy, but it just takes time and practice to be a reader without 'help'- like looking things up in a book. However, after nearly 25 years I know the cards very well, but there is always something to be learned.

There is nothing wrong with going to a book when doing readings, especially if you just plan on reading for yourself or the occasional friend. But as a professional reader, it does not look good to be picking up a book.

So reading tarot can as easy as shuffling, laying out cards and reading meanings from a book.

Old 02-11-2016, 03:47 AM

117 posts, read 92,397 times
Glad to get your response and suggestion. I find out few links while searching on the internet. And got lot's of tarot sites which have written about Tarot Card. Visited those sites one by one. Which I want to share. But not sure that the administrator will allow me to add those links here Free Tarot Card Reading | Instant Tarot on Instarot.com will be glad if you visit the listed site and leave your opinion. Thanks!

Old 02-11-2016, 08:00 AM

I have added to my collection, and am going to focus on being the 'student' while I read these books on tarot.

I have the Gilded Tarot by Ciro Marchetti -and deck

The Inner Child by Isha & Mark Lerner -and deck

Oracle of the Mermaids by Lucy Cavendish -and deck of 44 cards

And The Introduction to Tarot by Cassandra Dee -no deck came with it. It was my original introduction to tarot, purchased almost 20 years ago. In another lifetime.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frandollow View Post
Glad to get your response and suggestion. I find out few links while searching on the internet. And got lot's of tarot sites which have written about Tarot Card. Visited those sites one by one. Which I want to share. But not sure that the administrator will allow me to add those links here Free Tarot Card Reading | Instant Tarot on Instarot.com will be glad if you visit the listed site and leave your opinion. Thanks!
There are a lot of websites about tarot, that's for sure. There has been a surge in interest, and with the Internet, interest 'nearly doubled over night'
I am very tactile person. I like to shuffle the cards in my hands, pick the cards up and hold them, to keep a card on my desk, nightstand, what ever to remind me of its message.
Websites that have computer generated readings are ok and serve a purpose. Some of them are better than others. I actually discovered that one did not use the whole deck. Did not like that. Some don't give good meanings, some are much too general or don't adjust to the focus.
Nothing like real cards in real hands.

Old 02-11-2016, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxiegal View Post
I have added to my collection, and am going to focus on being the 'student' while I read these books on tarot.

I have the Gilded Tarot by Ciro Marchetti -and deck

The Inner Child by Isha & Mark Lerner -and deck

Oracle of the Mermaids by Lucy Cavendish -and deck of 44 cards

And The Introduction to Tarot by Cassandra Dee -no deck came with it. It was my original introduction to tarot, purchased almost 20 years ago. In another lifetime.
Continue your daily draw of a single card, with question or not. It's a great way to learn the cards and get something from them at the same time.
I had kids when I started, doing a daily did not work so well for me

I have both the Gilded and Inner Child....I really like the Inner Child deck.
Gilded, not so much. It's pretty, but found its manner of communicating rather dry.
Of course that's me and what I take from the cards, but I can read a deck of playing cards with more flair than some decks.

I don't have the mermaid oracle, but have others; Medicine Cards and Dragon Fae are my two main ones.

Old 02-11-2016, 12:13 PM

The book "The Inner Child Cards" was a good read and has been very insightful.

I did one daily reading card for the day.

It was Guardian of Wands. Raphael. Divine healing.

I find that card very appropriate.

Old 02-12-2016, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxiegal View Post
The book "The Inner Child Cards" was a good read and has been very insightful.

I did one daily reading card for the day.
It was Guardian of Wands. Raphael. Divine healing.
I find that card very appropriate.
The name alone says a lot.

Old 02-12-2016, 04:13 PM

I had a wonderful day today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism