Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 02:41 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,678,653 times

Advertisements

I made a blog post about things. He had a bad year of 2015. Then, in his Virgo-ness, and other issues, continued to allow him to spiral out of control in his personal decisions and choices.

The rev-Hermit- I just shuffled the deck and pulled off the top. It was my first "Daily" card.
When I saw it was the reverse Hermit- it spoke to me of my husband, strong and wise that he is...his choices have turned our world upside down. A lost and confused Hermit. So to speak.

The second reading, I did later on yesterday morning.. The Daily Spread.

1 5 2
4 as per the Gilded Tarot Companion Book by Barbara Moore.

1. WORKS: Pertains to things you accomplish in a day.(personal or professional)

2. HOME: Reflects people and activities connected with your home and home life.

3. UNEXPECTED: Indicates surprises and unexpected events.

4. YOUR ROLE: Represents your mood, actions, or reactions to events and people that fill your days.

5. OUTCOME: Shows the outcome of the day; often predicts a lesson learned or a spiritual revelation.

The spread was;

1-WORKS- 4 of Swords-reversed.

2-HOME- 4 of Wands-Reversed

3-UNEXPECTED- Ace of Swords -NOT reversed

4-YOUR ROLE- 10 of Wands-Reversed

5- OUTCOME- Ace of Wands-Reversed

I just played the spread. I am not even sure how to read that one yet..with all of those reversals. I had also shuffled the deck by laying out and spreading the cards on the tabletop. And then proceeded to pick from there.

My query was..."What do I need to know (?)"

My third and last Spread for yesterday was the Mirror Spread, from Learning the Tarot: The Mirror Spread Layout
It is regarding existing relationships.

I once again shuffled the deck, asking for knowledge and guidance in my relationship. This time, I only did a non-reverse spread.

Mirror Spread

1- 7 of Cups

2- 5 of Cups 3-Star card
4- 10 of Wands 5- 7 of Wands
6- 5 of Wands 7- Magician

8- King of Wands

Card 1: The querent.
Card 2: The way you see the other person in the relationship.
Card 3: The way they see themselves.
Card 4: What the person represents to you.
Card 5: What you represent to them.
Card 6: Obstacles within the relationship.
Card 7: Strengths within the relationship.
Card 8: Probable result.

On this one, I went back and read the cards meanings from the book, "Gilded Tarot Companion" that came with the deck.

I feel this spread was very insightful.

My query? "What do I need to know and learn from this existing relationship?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2016, 02:54 AM

He lost his way. Literally. Too many deaths all at once. Death has visited him far too often, and he doesn't deal with it well at all. He has other emotional issues, that make some things in life more challenging (?)

But on the whole, he IS a good man. And communication is also a word that has come up frequently with my new foray into Tarot. He wants to save our marriage, and not divorce. I want to also. I do not want to throw the baby out with the bathwater, when there may still be a positive forward path in this terribly bomb cratered path we are on right now.

So.....I am faced with trying to focus once more, in my shaken up world. So many things have swirled around in my mind. Temptation has tried to lead me down some dark paths. I know those are NOT the way to proceed. So I think now may be the time to explore my deeper spirituality with Tarot. Music wasn't working. I have no local friends, no hobbies, nothing to distract my pain.

Even if, in the end...I only help myself.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:39 AM

194 posts, read 237,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxiegal View Post
He lost his way. Literally. Too many deaths all at once. Death has visited him far too often, and he doesn't deal with it well at all. He has other emotional issues, that make some things in life more challenging (?)

But on the whole, he IS a good man. And communication is also a word that has come up frequently with my new foray into Tarot. He wants to save our marriage, and not divorce. I want to also. I do not want to throw the baby out with the bathwater, when there may still be a positive forward path in this terribly bomb cratered path we are on right now.

So.....I am faced with trying to focus once more, in my shaken up world. So many things have swirled around in my mind. Temptation has tried to lead me down some dark paths. I know those are NOT the way to proceed. So I think now may be the time to explore my deeper spirituality with Tarot. Music wasn't working. I have no local friends, no hobbies, nothing to distract my pain.

Even if, in the end...I only help myself.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I have seen your posts in another forum in the recent past. Tarot is just a guide, and the outcomes can and will change. As far as your relationship, husband, marriage... the Tarot cannot help you with this my dear. Only you can really decide for yourself what you want for your future and what it is that will make you move forward, out of this pain, towards a better, happy, more fulfilling life. Whatever HELPS with that is great... but ultimately it's all on you and your choice. Love and light to you.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by welby1205 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I have seen your posts in another forum in the recent past. Tarot is just a guide, and the outcomes can and will change. As far as your relationship, husband, marriage... the Tarot cannot help you with this my dear. Only you can really decide for yourself what you want for your future and what it is that will make you move forward, out of this pain, towards a better, happy, more fulfilling life. Whatever HELPS with that is great... but ultimately it's all on you and your choice. Love and light to you.
Yes, tarot is a guide. FOR ME. I need something besides my own thoughts to help me center myself once more.

Old 02-05-2016, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Yes, tarot is a guide. FOR ME. I need something besides my own thoughts to help me center myself once more.
That is good.

Old 02-05-2016, 12:03 PM

My contented life has been turned totally upside down. Out of nowhere. We had been having NO previous marital problems, were in no way having marital discord, and are NOT separated. We didn't have ANY problems! then, he lost 2 friends...AND his father....in 3 months time. Things went downhill from there.

Old 02-05-2016, 12:33 PM

FWIW; I am not seeking revenge, nor to dabble in the black arts. Nor do I desire a divorce. I just want to find out where my/our "New Normal" is, and if it is even possible.
I only found out about all of this on Dec 14th, so things are still too fresh in my mind.
And he has realized some things that make the situation all the more painful and embarrassing for him.

My BP was sky rocketing, so much so that I needed to track it. I was not eating, nor sleeping. I was devastated, and he broke my heart. But, if repairing a marriage and relationship is possible after infidelity, and he indicates he is sincere about staying married. Then I want to try.
Neither of us is 22. We should be able to work on our relationships...like adults. But we need to dig deeper, and get to the bottom of things. Find out and discover what the issues might be. And can we fix or repair them.(?)

Priorities for now are; eat healthy, sleep and rest, him being able to go to work and do his job (he is a supervisor in a machine shop), get HER out of our lives, find things we can do together as a couple....make new and different activities that will help strengthen our relationship.

I can't do that if I am an emotional wreck.

I needed to find a way to re-focus my inner wounded self.

He and I cannot re-build our relationship by sitting at home being angry at each other all the time.

Tarot is merely a tool. To help me learn about myself, and how I deal with my world.

Old 02-05-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
FWIW; I am not seeking revenge, nor to dabble in the black arts. Nor do I desire a divorce. I just want to find out where my/our "New Normal" is, and if it is even possible.
I only found out about all of this on Dec 14th, so things are still too fresh in my mind.
And he has realized some things that make the situation all the more painful and embarrassing for him.

My BP was sky rocketing, so much so that I needed to track it. I was not eating, nor sleeping. I was devastated, and he broke my heart. But, if repairing a marriage and relationship is possible after infidelity, and he indicates he is sincere about staying married. Then I want to try.
Neither of us is 22. We should be able to work on our relationships...like adults. But we need to dig deeper, and get to the bottom of things. Find out and discover what the issues might be. And can we fix or repair them.(?)

Priorities for now are; eat healthy, sleep and rest, him being able to go to work and do his job (he is a supervisor in a machine shop), get HER out of our lives, find things we can do together as a couple....make new and different activities that will help strengthen our relationship.

I can't do that if I am an emotional wreck.

I needed to find a way to re-focus my inner wounded self.

He and I cannot re-build our relationship by sitting at home being angry at each other all the time.

Tarot is merely a tool. To help me learn about myself, and how I deal with my world.
Have you 2 sought any help?

Old 02-05-2016, 01:16 PM

Yes I requested it.

NO.

He refused to participate.

Now back to the topic of the thread.

Old 02-05-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Yes I requested it.

NO.

He refused to participate.

Now back to the topic of the thread.
Sorry, you brought up the problems originally, therefore I thought you wanted to discuss it. I apologize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism