Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 10:31 PM

88,569 posts, read 84,777,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The OT god is a murderous psycho. I'd say he was "mean" to everybody.

The Jesus story is nice. If you believe those sorts of stories.
Maybe whether you believe is not the point, though some would make it so. Maybe what people do with what they learned from the stories is the point.

There was this guy named Francis who lived in Assisi in Italy, and he took the Jesus story to mean that God was entwined with all of creation and that the birds and the wind and fire were his brothers and sisters...

Old 04-30-2017, 01:36 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,196 times
Quote:
I'm alive and well enough for a semi-elderly fart who thinks he's still somewhere south of middle age.

Sorry for causing any fretting. I know some of you know how to contact me off-board and whomever wishes too should shoot me a DM. (This means you, Hanni. Cat, I was late checking my mail but got the message forwarded by our mutual friend. Will contact you soon.)

I miss this place and many of you folks. But it's become apparent from one of the mods in particular that my presence will only be tolerated if I pretend to be who I am not.

And I won't do that.
Your one-liners are marvelous, and Citi-Data will be a different place without them...little more than a dry husk of the cornucopia of sarcastic snark it once was.

Old 04-30-2017, 02:40 AM

23,144 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Doesn't take much for some Christians to reveal their true hearts.

Or lack thereof.

Cold, dark-spirited, little people are drawn to cold, dark-spirited, little godlings.

Well how fortuitous it is for you bro, I mean, to be validated and proven so righteous at this certain point in your posting history.
Wonder what he meant when he said you gonna get what you deserve?

O, YOU ARE SO GOING TO HELL, but if you go, I will be right there with you watching you get what you deserve, what should we do first when we get to hell man?

Old 04-30-2017, 09:04 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Maybe whether you believe is not the point, though some would make it so. Maybe what people do with what they learned from the stories is the point.

There was this guy named Francis who lived in Assisi in Italy, and he took the Jesus story to mean that God was entwined with all of creation and that the birds and the wind and fire were his brothers and sisters...
Point taken.

And yeah, I've heard of that guy from Assisi. I could have a beer with him.

Old 04-30-2017, 09:07 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Well how fortuitous it is for you bro, I mean, to be validated and proven so righteous at this certain point in your posting history.
Wonder what he meant when he said you gonna get what you deserve?

O, YOU ARE SO GOING TO HELL, but if you go, I will be right there with you watching you get what you deserve, what should we do first when we get to hell man?
Maybe we misunderstood Hanni, and MQ has the right of it. Maybe littlewitness was wishing me wealth, health and happiness in this life and eternal bliss in the next.

I'd be happy to share that fate with you as well.

Old 04-30-2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Maybe we misunderstood Hanni, and MQ has the right of it. Maybe littlewitness was wishing me wealth, health and happiness in this life and eternal bliss in the next.

Just step aside kingfish, this calls for some special moves I learned in the house of Buddha, can't sit here and watch my friend being stalked lol.

I will teach him.

Please, step back, no, step back further.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrL0bYsF_0E

Old 04-30-2017, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
*I have him in my apartment, and I'm not letting him leave. Sorry.

I would also like to apologize for being late to the thread. I realize that this is inexcusable, so I won't make excuses.

(*wishful thinking)
Oh Please, you are such a freaking Geek, we are all like looking in the hedgerows and the byways for Trout and putting out flyers ready to search the den of bears and now here you come and want to play, well I outta!

PHHHT!

Where is my crayons, I am writing down your name right now, IN RED!

Old 04-30-2017, 11:34 PM

1,220 posts, read 987,156 times
Quote:

Yeah Dude...hope all is well! I confess...I am a big (colorful metaphor)...but I mean you no ill will. I love God and His children...raising four of them right now. Just wanted someone to argue with I guess. Have a blessed day.

Old 05-01-2017, 04:42 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
You deserve every thing coming your way Dude...whether in this life, or the one you don't believe is coming.

Quote:
It's good to have elastic boundaries. Allows for the ebbs and flows in the tides of conversations.
Hear! Hear!

Old 05-16-2017, 04:00 PM

Who all is going to enter the contest?

Trout?
Beuller?
Beuller?

Cat?

MEH, what's the use, Mighty Queen will take all the money anyway, Redbird?

I know Transponder and no doubt Rafius will be in there so's I can vote for them, but how we gonna get kingfish to surface?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism