U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 12:09 AM

8,830 posts, read 6,353,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
Chielgirl - and all the others who want to throw us christians to the lions......why so much animosity towards us? We say Jesus is the Way the Truth and the Life - Jesus himself said that - and you get really angry. But if I told you I was a woman but am now a man, but am having a baby for my Witch wife (who used to be a man in a previous life) and was inseminated by a gay man from New Jersey who likes to dress up like a woman every Satuday Night, who lives with a drunk guy who takes drugs on Tuesdays.....well that's all fine.

It's an upside down world. A sign of the times. God has an ark ready.....the Christians are in it. A 'flood' is coming. We christians are calling out to you "Come on, come in a floods coming", you mock us, berate us, we just want you to get in the ark.......

As in the Days of Noah, so it will be in the End Days. They laughed at Noah and called him a fool. All sorts was going on then, every sin you can imagine.
Now you laugh at the Christians, who are trying to show you the way.....the ONLY way.....but you do have your own will and the freedom to decide.

But, please stop hating us just for trying to help you.....I am praying that God will open eyes on this Forum, to the truth.
Well, Jenna, I think this a fantastic post. And the responses are horrible and filled with hate. I think the minute a Christian steps into the regular R&P instead of the Christianity sub-forum, Satan's little demons are on standby ready to pounce. They are angry that they cannot come into the Christianity sub-forum and say the things to us that they get away with saying in R&P. So that just fuels the anger and flaming arrows.

Being concerned for other's eternal destiny should inspire humbleness and a desire to seek the truth, as well as gratitude that someone even cares. But when you are dealing with Satan, you can feel the hissing. It gives me chills, and I think I will leave now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2008, 12:16 AM

242 posts, read 42,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
Well, Jenna, I think this a fantastic post. And the responses are horrible and filled with hate. I think the minute a Christian steps into the regular R&P instead of the Christianity sub-forum, Satan's little demons are on standby ready to pounce. They are angry that they cannot come into the Christianity sub-forum and say the things to us that they get away with saying in R&P. So that just fuels the anger and flaming arrows.

Being concerned for other's eternal destiny should inspire humbleness and a desire to seek the truth, as well as gratitude that someone even cares. But when you are dealing with Satan, you can feel the hissing. It gives me chills, and I think I will leave now.
Self-congratulatory, pompous, condescending drivel.

I'll help you pack.

Old 06-29-2008, 12:38 AM

472 posts, read 1,137,779 times
Quote:

Hold on... let me get a ladder, so that you can get over yourself. I definately could not be a Christian. I do not have the talent to play the victim all the time, and I sure don't have that much arrogance and condescention to spare.

And my hissing is not from Satan. I can take the blame for that all by myself, thank you! I don't blame my actions or anyone elses on mythical creatures. Its all me baby.

Old 06-29-2008, 01:54 AM

2,633 posts, read 3,268,910 times
I wonder if there is any channel showing Oprah here in the uk. Might even wipe the spider webs on that sky box and give the show a go.

Old 06-29-2008, 02:08 AM

5,162 posts, read 5,807,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Where is that verse in Leviticus you mentioned?
I don't know of the verse that chielgirl is referring to but I do know that Matthew 6:5 essentially says the same thing in different words.

Old 06-29-2008, 04:10 AM

8,532 posts, read 10,592,769 times
The question if is if Oprah is a fanatic who wants to shove her beliefs down her viewer's throat.
Even when she is a fanatic the TV has an off switch.
I mean do Christians regard her as a danger because of her ‘new age’ beliefs or because she probably has more money and influence that most of their TV preachers?

Old 06-29-2008, 09:03 PM

3,618 posts, read 2,928,032 times
Quote:

I wonder if religious people will ever get it through their heads that atheists and agnostics don't want to be 'saved' and they don't care no matter how much you think they should be. The reason why it seems atheists and agnostics get so angry with you is because you keep coming on to try and convert them to your religion. What if a Muslim did the same thing that your trying get atheists to do, except do it to you with the intent of converting you to Islam because they're 'concerned with your eternal destiny.'

Old 06-29-2008, 09:36 PM

8,830 posts, read 6,353,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
I wonder if religious people will ever get it through their heads that atheists and agnostics don't want to be 'saved' and they don't care no matter how much you think they should be. The reason why it seems atheists and agnostics get so angry with you is because you keep coming on to try and convert them to your religion. What if a Muslim did the same thing that your trying get atheists to do, except do it to you with the intent of converting you to Islam because they're 'concerned with your eternal destiny.'
The purpose of this thread was to talk about Oprah's role in Satan's plan. It was started by a Christian. No one forced any of you to respond to this thread and Christians have just as much right to voice their opinions in the matter as you do. The problem is that anytime we do that, a nasty response is sure to follow.

The responses are intentionally hateful and are meant to provoke. And as Christians, the Bible tells us to expect persecution. That's fine. I would endure having my skin scrubbed off if that's what the Lord wants me to endure. It's all temporary, and being with God is forever and ever...eternity!

If you knew the answer to blissful eternal life, wouldn't you want to share that? Wouldn't it be selfish as Christians not to share it? It is with a genuine and sincere concern for others and not wanting to see anyone perish eternally that we do this. Not to irritate, annoy or a need to prove that our way is right. But it is.

I've been on both sides of the fence, and I have said all of the exact same things that you and the others say or have said. Humble yourselves, and open your mind and heart to God.

Satan is whack.........and Christ is coming back!!!

Old 06-29-2008, 10:04 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,494,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post

1 - You will have to one day stand before God and repeat the first part of your statement. God doesn't send us to hell - our sin does.

2 - Muslims won't try and get anyone saved - if you don't believe in Muslim countires then you are out of the family and the safety net of that Islamic culture. In this country they haven't got that stage yet.

3 - Hisssssssssssssss........

Old 06-29-2008, 10:21 PM

24,939 posts, read 18,523,302 times
Oprah's role in Satan's plan? Do you think she's on satan's team because she doesn't see things exactly as you do?

Satan's little demons are on standby ready to pounce?...I guess everybody who doesn't see things your way is also on satans team right? Nobody is persecuting you DOL... Some of us just do not agree with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism