U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 05-04-2008, 03:41 PM

24,646 posts, read 12,595,197 times
I wondered where I picked that up, it's new in my vocabulary.
Quick reply to this message

Unread 06-26-2008, 03:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,661 times
Smile Purpose

If only ppl wud understand ur HEART 'O Lord they wud understand how unselfish ur plans for your ppl are, that you have created us to be your sons on the earth who will cause your kingdom to be established on earth as it is in heaven.

Romans 8:19-21 All of creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. For creation was subjected to frustration not by it'smown choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from it's bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.

All your answers to WAR, GLOBAL WARMING, POVERTY, etc are all in this scripture!

"He came to his own and they rejected him but to those who believed He give them the power to BECOME sons of God!

The God i serve in an all Inclusive God who wants ever1 to be saved.
GOD LOVES YOU DONNA7

Last edited by Destiny R; 06-26-2008 at 03:51 PM.. Reason: wrong spelling

Unread 06-26-2008, 04:17 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,184 posts, read 4,135,067 times
I have not read this whole thread but I have to reply...I watched the show about the pregnant "man" who was actually a transexual. They never stated the baby was a "miracle" in respect to it being some sort of virgin birth! They merely said that they felt it was a miracle that they could have a child...as many people would say: ie: "Man, it's a miracle I didn't get busted for driving drunk last night!"

I don't watch Oprah but that's due to her political standings, not her spiritual ones. She flaunts her money. I happened across this one program because I was home sick and too tired to change the channel

Unread 06-26-2008, 04:17 PM

24,646 posts, read 12,595,197 times
Destiny,
Wrong spelling? Your entire post is wrong spelling, how could anyone tell?

More than 1/2 the world doesn't believe in your god thing, so why quote it?

Unread 06-27-2008, 10:03 PM

8,830 posts, read 5,523,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post
Is anyone else outraged with the stuff that Oprah Winfrey is advocating? I don't watch her, since I'm a guy, but this woman has lost it!
What is her deal with having a woman on her show, who claims to be a "guy" and then says that her pregnancy is a miracle.
I hope other people see that there is a problem here.
I started a similar thread in the Christianity sub-forum which I have provided a link to, unaware of this one because it was older. Oprah is NOT a "liberal" Christian, as someone posted here. She is not a Christian at all. She denies that Jesus is the only way to salvation in this video link of the thread I referenced!! I could not believe it.

Oprah is a liberal...period. She may have had an impact on lives, but it no longer is a positive one. Pushing this new age "enlightenment" with some weird guru guy that you can be your own god and anything goes.....I was astounded. People can brush it off as no big deal, but let me tell you this is Satan at his most deceitful best. He's got the mind of the Queen of talk who reaches millions. Imagine his delight.

Christians...a must see...this is scary

Unread 06-27-2008, 10:28 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,299,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
what does being a guy have to do with watching oprah?
if you watched the show you wold know that the "man" was really a woman who became a man. he has his male organ, but is still a woman inside. since his wife can no longer have children, they decided they would try to have "him" concieve. after many doctor rejections they finally found one who is taking care of "him" through the pregnancy.
the miricle is that "he" had been taking testosterone which cant help when trying to get pregnant, but do to the fact that he had stopped a few years prior, apparently the baby is fine.
andobviously oprah wants to be the first to give these people a TV spot, do they hae to over dramatize things. the dr. said she is treating it like any normal pregnancy.
#

lol......TOTAL insanity......lol....and they say Christians are crazy for believing in Jesus.....but this is ok?!!! Says everything.......

Unread 06-27-2008, 10:31 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,299,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Or wackaloon members. Fearsome little lot, aren't they.

Yeah.....christians are soooo crazy.......but this man/woman/humanbeing is having a baby, for his wife who can't have a baby, because she can't get pregnant but HE can, but he is not really a he......so on so on........THIS is CRAZY!!! Please people tell me you can see this?????

Unread 06-27-2008, 10:37 PM

242 posts, read 24,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
I started a similar thread in the Christianity sub-forum which I have provided a link to, unaware of this one because it was older. Oprah is NOT a "liberal" Christian, as someone posted here. She is not a Christian at all. She denies that Jesus is the only way to salvation in this video link of the thread I referenced!! I could not believe it.

Oprah is a liberal...period. She may have had an impact on lives, but it no longer is a positive one. Pushing this new age "enlightenment" with some weird guru guy that you can be your own god and anything goes.....I was astounded. People can brush it off as no big deal, but let me tell you this is Satan at his most deceitful best. He's got the mind of the Queen of talk who reaches millions. Imagine his delight.

Christians...a must see...this is scary
Oh wow, someone (yet again, for the nth time) is questioning the nonsensical hogwash that is Christianity, and you nutjobs are absolutely flabbergasted. Oprah is 100% correct for challenging Christianity and advocating other avenues to salvation. Christianity is only one of, literally, thousands of paths to choose from. Jesus is not the only way. Sorry.

I fully support Oprah and her message of hope, enlightenment, and inclusiveness. As more people recognize the utter stupidity of Christianity and the divisive, oppressive wickedness and sheer intolerance that it has brought upon this world, there will be more peace and prosperity.

You are facing a losing battle, and, quite frankly, it's about damn time.

Unread 06-28-2008, 08:27 AM

8,830 posts, read 5,523,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodixieforme View Post
Oh wow, someone (yet again, for the nth time) is questioning the nonsensical hogwash that is Christianity, and you nutjobs are absolutely flabbergasted. Oprah is 100% correct for challenging Christianity and advocating other avenues to salvation. Christianity is only one of, literally, thousands of paths to choose from. Jesus is not the only way. Sorry.

I fully support Oprah and her message of hope, enlightenment, and inclusiveness. As more people recognize the utter stupidity of Christianity and the divisive, oppressive wickedness and sheer intolerance that it has brought upon this world, there will be more peace and prosperity.

You are facing a losing battle, and, quite frankly, it's about damn time.
There IS NO OTHER WAY to salvation.

John 14:6

"Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. NO ONE comes to the Father except through me."

Unread 06-28-2008, 08:35 AM

242 posts, read 24,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
There IS NO OTHER WAY to salvation.

John 14:6

"Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. NO ONE comes to the Father except through me."
Ridiculous. Just like Muslim extremists believe there is no other way but their way. You're not anymore right or wrong than they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism