Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 06:29 PM

242 posts, read 193,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
This forum is about Religion. Christianity is a religion. If you get so upset that Christians are discussing their faith - Why do you come to this Forum????
The hate coming from you guys is immense. Yet, all I am doing is sharing my faith. Christians are not perfect people, and only God can judge us. But Christianity is THE faith that inspired all the GOOD that the Western world enjoys today. It is sad that you are turning your back so forcefully on the faith that formed nations. The Judeo-Christian Laws were basic to England and later on Internationally. These laws taken from the Bible and its Ten Commandments.

The world is getting worse as they step away from Jesus and turn to ANYTHING else. They will not their heads and agree with Budda or Hare Krishna.....yet these nations who worship OTHER Gods were never as blessed as the countries who grew BECAUSE of their Judeo-Christian heritage. Think about all those people - Scientists, Artists, Muscians, Architects - all grown from this Judeo-Christian Background. Why some of you would turn your back on the beliefs that made America and Britain once Great I don't know.
There is a great deal of arrogance in your post. It is also very Western-centric.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 06:33 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodixieforme View Post
There is a great deal of arrogance in your post. It is also very Western-centric.

Well, Western-Centric is where I am at
My post is passionate - not arrogant. I am passionate about my faith, I know that there is more to life than meets the EYE. What we see now is nothing.....I just believe 100% - no half measures. And the Western world HAS been blessed greatly - haven't mentioned yet the Explorerers, Inventors and Economists of the Western World. The Judeo-Christian Faith that formed the Western World OPENS minds - it doesn't close minds. If it did - WHY has so much come from the Western world. Because of our roots.....and they are Judeo-Christian. This is not arrogance, it is truth.

Old 06-28-2008, 06:45 PM

472 posts, read 1,544,343 times
Quote:
This forum is about Religion. Christianity is a religion. If you get so upset that Christians are discussing their faith - Why do you come to this Forum????
The hate coming from you guys is immense. Yet, all I am doing is sharing my faith. Christians are not perfect people, and only God can judge us. But Christianity is THE faith that inspired all the GOOD that the Western world enjoys today. It is sad that you are turning your back so forcefully on the faith that formed nations. The Judeo-Christian Laws were basic to England and later on Internationally. These laws taken from the Bible and its Ten Commandments.

The world is getting worse as they step away from Jesus and turn to ANYTHING else. They will not their heads and agree with Budda or Hare Krishna.....yet these nations who worship OTHER Gods were never as blessed as the countries who grew BECAUSE of their Judeo-Christian heritage. Think about all those people - Scientists, Artists, Muscians, Architects - all grown from this Judeo-Christian Background. Why some of you would turn your back on the beliefs that made America and Britain once Great I don't know.
[1] Religion is not above scrutiny, my dear.

[2] I come to this forum because I want to and have the means to.

[3] I do not hate you... I just strongly dislike you. But I do hate religion.

[4] You're not sharing... you're judging and proselytizing and talking-down and belittling.

[5] I don't have the time or energy to "attack" the rest of your statements... besides, I doubt you would appreciate the education. Your statements only need faith for them to be true.

Old 06-28-2008, 06:49 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,632 times
gradco2004 - So glad you do not hate me.....but as you hate religion and this is a religious forum, I think you are winding yourself up!!

I have been educated in History - degree standard - so I come with Faith and a little understanding too.

Old 06-28-2008, 06:52 PM

Quote:
gradco2004 - So glad you do not hate me.....but as you hate religion and this is a religious forum, I think you are winding yourself up!!

I have been educated in History - degree standard - so I come with Faith and a little understanding too.
You obviously have never taken a "Religion 101" course, and if you have, you must have failed it due to a "moral objection" to the truth.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:05 PM

472 posts, read 1,544,343 times
Quote:

You said it... a religion forum.

Not to be confused with:

[a] I love religion, and this is why I do forum

[b] If religion ain't a rockin', don't com-a-knockin' forum

[c] pro-religious meetin room forum

... or any variation there of.

But i can see how that may have escaped you.
[sarcasm] No problem, all is forgiven. [/sarcasm]

I don't want to be critical of the institution that you attended, so I'll just shut up about the last statement.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:06 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
jennaflorrie,
Because you keep trying to force your religion on all people.
Because xians are the most judging and hateful people I've ever read.
DO NOT HELP ME, your arrogance and judgment would not draw me toward your faith.
Keep your prayers to yourself.
There's a passage in leviticus that tells xians to pray in the closet and leave others alone, otherwise they are hypocrites.
That is how I see most xians.
Please don't put all Christian into one group of pushy people trying to force their beliefs on someone, we're all not like that, just as all Atheist are not all the same. I only post what I believe and what I think, no one should try to force you or anyone to believe. Where is that verse in Leviticus you mentioned?

Old 06-28-2008, 08:23 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie

It is actually the religion and philosophy forum so she has every right to be here, and this discussion is on Oprah's new age philosophy..There is a Christian forum where you may be more comfortable ....Just a suggestion.

I think Oprah's ideas are mostly positive, and I certainly don't think they endanger anyone...Not being an Oprah fan that's about all I can say about it.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie

It is actually the religion and philosophy forum so she has every right to be here, and this discussion is on Oprah's new age philosophy..There is a Christian forum where you may be more comfortable ....Just a suggestion.

I think Oprah's ideas are mostly positive, and I certainly don't think they endanger anyone...Not being an Oprah fan that's about all I can say about it.
I don't get upset that Christians are discussing their faith, but they shouldn't become upset when it is critiqued and rebuked.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:23 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,784,755 times
I really enjoyed Oprah's webcast, it was very inspiring. Although I don't watch television I am definately glad that I heard about this book that she promoted. It is a very good book, yet can be a little hard to understand. The webcast was very informative as far as talking with the author and walking through the book with him and other readers.

The beauty is that even if you are a Christian this philosophy doesn't replace your religion, it adds to it. The "biblical" Christian faith doesn't work for me, but I do know many grounded Christians who I admire. I think people tend to get a bit defensive when they don't understand something or are a little scared of it. But there is nothing to fear with Oprah, or the teachings she is promoting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism