U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 11:10 AM

1,158 posts, read 2,306,625 times

Advertisements

Is anyone else outraged with the stuff that Oprah Winfrey is advocating? I don't watch her, since I'm a guy, but this woman has lost it!
What is her deal with having a woman on her show, who claims to be a "guy" and then says that her pregnancy is a miracle.
I hope other people see that there is a problem here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 11:15 AM

4,891 posts, read 12,099,721 times
what does being a guy have to do with watching oprah?
if you watched the show you wold know that the "man" was really a woman who became a man. he has his male organ, but is still a woman inside. since his wife can no longer have children, they decided they would try to have "him" concieve. after many doctor rejections they finally found one who is taking care of "him" through the pregnancy.
the miricle is that "he" had been taking testosterone which cant help when trying to get pregnant, but do to the fact that he had stopped a few years prior, apparently the baby is fine.
andobviously oprah wants to be the first to give these people a TV spot, do they hae to over dramatize things. the dr. said she is treating it like any normal pregnancy.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:17 AM

62 posts, read 130,119 times
I don't watch opra either. I think I would rather see how painful toothpicks up the ol finger nails feels. She's like the View... confused. hehehe

Old 04-04-2008, 11:26 AM

3,126 posts, read 2,359,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post
Is anyone else outraged with the stuff that Oprah Winfrey is advocating? I don't watch her, since I'm a guy, but this woman has lost it!
What is her deal with having a woman on her show, who claims to be a "guy" and then says that her pregnancy is a miracle.
I know the couple you are talking about. Very happy for them as they've wanted a baby for a long time. It's clearly a god-given miracle that even after hormone therapy and surgery he was able to coneive

Old 04-04-2008, 11:27 AM

799 posts, read 2,825,246 times
Quote:
I'm pretty sure that Oprah would consider herself a fairly liberal Christian.
And yet she is open to "new-age" ideas that are not in conflict with basic Christian teachings of love, tolerance, non-judgement, charity, etc., etc..
I'm not an Oprah lover but her positive impact on American culture cannot be denied ... or i should say, i can't deny it.
I watched that show yesterday ... kinda by accident for i usually don't watch her show since most often it's about fashion or home decor ... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
The person on her show yesterday wasn't claiming to be a man in the way that you are implying nor was he claiming any kind of miracle in the religious sense.
He was born a female and when he was in his twenties started taking testosterone and eventually went through surgery and had his breast removed but did not go through the genital procedure.
So his female reproductive organs were left in tact because he wanted, at some point, to give birth.
His wife, who is a woman, is not physically able to have a child.
He was artificially inseminated and is now pregnant with what, at this point, is a healthy fetus.
The gender issue is quite interesting and perhaps disturbing too. It's difficult for most of us to grok.
But i was impressed with his honesty, kindness, intelligence and sensitivity.
No problem.
His (and his wifes) love and kindness and openness and compassion are what matters to me and i'm willing to bet that their child will be well loved and cared for.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:29 AM

God-given miracle She's a woman!!

20,048 posts, read 21,026,858 times
Quote:
I don't watch her either, I think she ever had it to lose it

2,955 posts, read 4,993,449 times
Quote:
What's this?
A powerful Black woman in America?
Well, at least she is a loyal mainstream Christian, right?
No? She shows signs of free-thinking?
Something must be done!!

Old 04-04-2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
What's this?
A powerful Black woman in America?
Well, at least she is a loyal mainstream Christian, right?
No? She shows signs of free-thinking?
Something must be done!!
No sir, not because she's black. It's because we as a culture have lost the sense of right and wrong. Everything is "grey" and there are no absolutes. We as a culture don't want to admit that there is a God and He has laid out clearly how to live a full life on this earth. Yes, God is a loving, merciful God, but He is also just and holy, and knows what's best for us as humans. I'm talking about the God of the bible and the plan He has made for us is through his only son, Jesus Christ, who is the only way to God. Therefore, if a guy wants to marry his 12 year old daughter, or a dog, it's no big deal as long as it doesn't hurt the next guy. Does anyone see the problem with that type of thinking?

I'm sorry, but that's what Oprah subscribes to and its dangerous stuff that she's promoting.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:34 AM

3,126 posts, read 2,359,074 times
Quote:
God-given miracle She's a woman!!
Testosterone therapy can steralize a woman or make it hard for her to conceive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism