Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2010, 10:17 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
nonetheless, if you're going to post on an internet forum, it's important not to jump on people's throats when they give you advice/tell you something you don't like.
you have to be ready for all kinds of responses. There are some people on here who just can't stand an opinion that differs from theirs. IMO putting someone on ignore is a cop out. How interesting is it to only read posts that you agree with?

Old 06-18-2010, 10:36 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
So I'm at the Dr's with my 2 1/2 year old. She is very advanced in her language skills and speaks very fluently for her age. She is always talking and asking questions. Basically, she is my little chatter box.
This other woman is there with her 2 year old son who talks but no one can understand a word he is saying. My daughter was asking him questions and he would reply and my daughter would say "what did he say".
Good for your daughter. Doesn't mean the "hard to understand" boy isn't going to get a scholarship to college and doesn't mean your "fluent" 2.5 year old daughter is going to pass English or not get knocked up at 16.

Quote:
The woman was smiling at my daughter because she was asking her son questions. I then mentioned how she talks so much it drives me crazy sometimes. This lady responds to me by saying " I had often wished my son would talk more but seeing your daughter I think I have it much better!!!!"
You have only one child? Because the not-stop chatty Cathy thing isn't so cute when you have more than one.

Quote:
I was shocked I didn't know what to say so I said nothing. Then I started thinking that she is probably jealous that my daughter is such a great talker and that her son can't speak at all. She probably said that to make herself feel better about his speech problems and at the same time insult my daughter because of her jealousy.
Nah. All kids grow into the ability to articulate. What makes you think a 2 year old non-verbal kid vs a 2.5 year old non-stop talker has an issue? Many kids just "get it" faster than others.

Quote:
Would you have said anything to her or let it go like I did?
You had no reason to say anything. No one would have said what the "other woman" did if you or your kid wasn't being full in-your-face obnoxious or if you weren't gloating over you kids "skills" at "talking" and pretending you didn't think your kid was soooo much "smarter" than the other kid....had you seen past your nose....you might have gained a friend.

Last edited by Informed Info; 06-18-2010 at 11:23 PM..

Old 06-18-2010, 10:45 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,063,398 times
Oh, I can see where this is going.

Sawdustmaker....Let me be the first to welcome you to lisalan's ignore list. We're going to start a club and serve strawberry shortcake at the first meeting.
LOL.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:47 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,230,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post

Sawdustmaker....Let me be the first to welcome you to lisalan's ignore list. We're going to start a club and serve strawberry shortcake at the first meeting.
LOL.
I'm on it! Please invite me. Any bets on when she's going to lock yet another thread she started?

Old 06-18-2010, 11:19 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post

LOL.
Thank you for the warm welcome. I happen to love strawberry shortcake!

At the same time, who the hell is on a debate forum/board and puts posters on ignore? What's the point?

Old 06-19-2010, 05:35 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,336,683 times
[quote=121804;14679448]Well, my children never went through the terrible two's or I at least do not redirect their behavior on to a title. I long ago threw out the idea that there needs to be a title to explain my child's behavior. I own responsibility for it as there are many seasons of phases/attitudes/behaviors in every year of a child's life. I had someone tell me that the terrible 2's are now the terrible 3's. Nope, I don't give in to the titling...it's my child, his behavior, MY responsibility to positively correct it as I am the parent of a toddler who needs the direction.

"And neither could anyone else" Are you truly a parent or just an instigator b/c this statement is beyond immature and if true, mean spirited.

True emphaty. Ok, tell us which book or website told you that amazing detail & what does your checklist look like.

Most who have replied have all said the same thing. GET OVER IT (if it really even happened). In the meantime, maybe teach yourself & your child some manners.

Look, yet another arrogant ignorant poster. Are you sure You're a mother. You are one JUDGMENTAL ***** fill in the blanks. I am a parent and alot better one than you are. YOU are the instigator. My child HAS MANNERS and more manners than you will ever have in your sorry life. For goodness sakes all she did was ask the kid WHAT HE SAID and NOW SHE HAS NO MANNERS. I can tell you didn't graduate highschool by the way.
Aren't you a ray of sunshine. It must be great living in your judgmental world and where 2 year olds are actually miniature ADULTS. Get a grip lady.
And don't think I'm going to dignify your level of stupidity with any more responses from now on I'm ignoring all your stupid replies. Get some HELP. I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU.

Old 06-19-2010, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Thank you for the warm welcome. I happen to love strawberry shortcake!

At the same time, who the hell is on a debate forum/board and puts posters on ignore? What's the point?

The ignore list is there for people who verbally attack you for no reason. NCskank you remind me of the catty girls in highschool.

Old 06-19-2010, 05:41 AM

Quote:

I started wondering when she said "you're soo annoying" to one poster. Sounds like something my 12 year old daughter says to her little brothers..

HA HA HA HA so funny You have the mentality of your 12 year old.

Old 06-19-2010, 05:42 AM

Quote:
nonetheless, if you're going to post on an internet forum, it's important not to jump on people's throats when they give you advice/tell you something you don't like.
Oh come on they weren't giving me advice. They find it entertaining to tear my posts apart and make fun of them. NOne of this was intended as advice.

Old 06-19-2010, 05:49 AM

[quote=Sawdustmaker;14680117]Good for your daughter. Doesn't mean the "hard to understand" boy isn't going to get a scholarship to college and doesn't mean your "fluent" 2.5 year old daughter is going to pass English or not get knocked up at 16.

You have only one child? Because the not-stop chatty Cathy thing isn't so cute when you have more than one.

Nah. All kids grow into the ability to articulate. What makes you think a 2 year old non-verbal kid vs a 2.5 year old non-stop talker has an issue? Many kids just "get it" faster than others.
YOU are obnoxious. Are you sure you're not on something????
1. I NEVER said the boy was STUPID. All I said was that he was incomprehensible.
2. I am not going to raise my child to be a ****. Maybe your child got knocked up at 16 or maybe you did. My child is an advanced talker. I never said she was going to be a genius. I ALSO stated she was slower on her MOTOR milestones.
3. I have 3 beautiful children not 1 child.
4. ok Now ALL kids will eventually talk I think I know that
5. I'm sure your child was a late talker if not you wouldn't be so defensive
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting