Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 11:32 AM

1,831 posts, read 4,427,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
My mom went into the boys locker room and slapped the crap out of my then BF in front of the whole football team before practice. (I will not go into details why, but I got a smackdown too and it was most likely deserved )

I never heard the end of that one.

She should consider herself lucky that's all your mom did.
LOL. No she didn't!

Now I want to hear some other stories. I can't think of anything my mom did, other than introduce me to another student at college orientation like I was a toddler. But that's tame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 11:34 AM

2,161 posts, read 3,322,352 times
Did she go back go school today ?

Honestly, I can't imagin any of the kids caring that your mom said that! If anyone mentioned it at school, all she had to do is say they were walking too slow! It's not a big deal .

Old 06-22-2010, 11:35 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,819,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowian View Post
LOL. No she didn't!

Now I want to hear some other stories. I can't think of anything my mom did, other than introduce me to another student at college orientation like I was a toddler. But that's tame.
I will always remember my mom took me and my friend to the airport for our spring break trip. we where 20. We were going to California and there was a group of cute boys in a near by line. Mom said "Look how cute those boys are maybe they will be on your flights" We just kinda brushed it off. Before I knew it she was next to them chatting them up about their spring break. Then, she yelled (about 10 feet away) "Oh they are going to Cancun. Too Bad". Really mom? Really?

Old 06-22-2010, 11:39 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,524,581 times
Quote:
LOL. No she didn't!
Oh yes. She did.

I have a worse one than that which involves my aunt as well, but I'll have to check to make sure the statute of limitations is up.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:27 PM

968 posts, read 2,618,816 times
reminds me of a joke jeff foxworthy told.

he dropped off his kids at school and ran out of gas in the parking lot, he had to walk to the gas station and back.

the next day he let the kids out of the car and yelled to the teachers who saw him yesterday,

"I'VE GOT GAS TODAY!"

Old 06-22-2010, 01:02 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,019,525 times
Oh my god reminds me of when me and my sister embarassed my sons in a store . They had been acting up all day so after a couple of hrs we decided to get them back . My sister picks up this big huge box of kotex and then she purposely got the one with no price on it , the checker hollers over the intercom "price check on the 42 oz size of the kotex sanitary pads " LOL !!! those boys went 40 shades of red . LOL !!! They never acted up in a store with me or my sister again . so you see there are far worse things to be embarassed about than what your mom said .

Old 06-22-2010, 03:18 PM

1,831 posts, read 4,427,190 times
They don't yell embarrassing things over the loudspeakers in stores anymore! What a shame!

I remember going into a Fredericks of Hollywood store with my mother because she needed a waist cincher or some such. I was a teenager and it embarrassed the heck out of me for some reason, seeing all the racy undergarments. I suppose I would have felt better in the lingerie dept. at a department store.

Old 06-22-2010, 04:05 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,091,970 times
Quote:
They don't yell embarrassing things over the loudspeakers in stores anymore! What a shame!

I remember going into a Fredericks of Hollywood store with my mother because she needed a waist cincher or some such. I was a teenager and it embarrassed the heck out of me for some reason, seeing all the racy undergarments. I suppose I would have felt better in the lingerie dept. at a department store.
Frederick's was tremendously racy in its day. Haven't thought about them in years. (When I was a kid we'd go past the original, in Hollywood, and we'd be old to avert our eyes. They sold RED bras!! Nowadays what they sold is nuthin'.)

Old 06-22-2010, 04:18 PM

8,307 posts, read 38,721,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASweetGirl4U2Know View Post
My baby sister who is 17 is mad because today when my mom picked her up from summer school. After my sister got into the car and my mom stopped at a stop sign she waited for some other kids to walk across the street so she could go,well I guess some of the kids were walking too slow for my mother because she yelled at them to hurry their fat a**es up. My sister is now embarrassed and refuses to go back to school tommorrow. Any advice on what I can do to help and how I can convince my sister to go back to school tommorrow? I know my mom was out of line. Please I am serious
A Marine would say "Get your fat @ss out of bed and go to school before I put it in a sling!"

Old 06-22-2010, 04:35 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,524,581 times
If she's in summer school I'm guessing she failed a class? So yeah, she better go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting