U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 10:34 AM

15,819 posts, read 32,651,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
I allow drowning in our pool. Just last week, we drowned one of those people who come to visit the old lady behind us. We had a whole party just for the occasion, got the blender out and made pina coladas and hired a mariachi band and everything.

Should we not have done that? Everyone else would've been so disappointed.

Maybe if we just add more chlorine to the pool next time - ya think? Y'know, to keep things antisceptic and all.

Maybe it is ok if it is a planned drowning. We just cut off all drowning altogether, but after all I am a tyrant. I never allow anyone to have any fun. I think that if you allow drowning, you need to throw the victim in someone else's pool afterwards. Otherwise, you might get sued. Just do not throw him in our pool. Everyone knows that we do not allow drowning under any circumstances, so they will know that they came from somewhere else.

If you have a salt based chlorine generator, you could just thrown a couple of extra bags of salt in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 10:40 AM

11,294 posts, read 17,245,204 times
Oh I hadn't thought about that. Yet another reason to have a saline-implanted pool!

Old 06-29-2010, 11:08 AM

43,017 posts, read 50,800,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
No. I am a tyrant. Just ask them. Besides they are mostly teenagers. If teenagers are happy, something is wrong with them. Teen years are for complaining.

Of course other times I am a god to them. They often refer to me as "Oh, God Dad!" I enjoy being god dad more than being a tyrant.
Oh, that's absolutely hillarious! Thanks for the laugh!

Old 06-29-2010, 11:36 AM

7,939 posts, read 9,734,031 times
We just had an above ground pool installed about a week and a half ago....our yard is not fenced, and the bratty little girl next door sits in her yard and stares at us in the pool, waiting to be invited over. Luckily, a 6 foot privacy fence is also being installed this week, I can't wait.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
We just had an above ground pool installed about a week and a half ago....our yard is not fenced, and the bratty little girl next door sits in her yard and stares at us in the pool, waiting to be invited over. Luckily, a 6 goot privacy fence is also being installed this week, I can't wait.
If you've learned anything from this thread, it's to NOT ever invite the bratty little girl next door into your pool.

She'll eventually stop watching you if you always ignore her. If you invite her once, you're setting yourself up for constant misery.

The privacy fence is a good plan!

Old 06-29-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
If you've learned anything from this thread, it's to NOT ever invite the bratty little girl next door into your pool.

She'll eventually stop watching you if you always ignore her. If you invite her once, you're setting yourself up for constant misery.

The privacy fence is a good plan!
The funny thing is, this girl plays with my son on-and-off....she's very hard to get along with, so its inevitable that they get into disagreements, and my son gets tired of it and ignores her for a while....but I knew, once the pool went in, all of a sudden she would be all nice and sweet to my son...and lo and behold, she did, even apologizing to him. Well, that's already out the window less than 2 weeks later.

What really bugs me is that her parents are the laziest people on earth and hardly ever come outside or get off their butts for anything, they just let the kid outside in the yard by herself to annoy us (she's 6). Well, problem will be solved...fences make for good neighbors!

Old 06-29-2010, 12:25 PM

11,278 posts, read 9,733,571 times
I don't know the laws in PA. I Arizona a pool needs it's own fence. Your property line fence wouldn't count as a pool fence.

Old 06-29-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I don't know the laws in PA. I Arizona a pool needs it's own fence. Your property line fence wouldn't count as a pool fence.
In my area of PA, above ground pools do not need fences----at all.

Old 06-29-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
In my area of PA, above ground pools do not need fences----at all.
Same here...no fences required, around the pool or yard. We've just been making sure the ladder is up and locked when the pool is not in use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting