Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 06:39 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,046,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcs15 View Post
I used to babysit for a friend. Her friend would stop by and drop off her son with no warning or anything (she had him as a freshman in high school and at the time was pregnant with another guys kid). All she gave him was Pepsi in his cup! I have a three year old now and she gets water, occasionally juice as a treat, and maybe once or twice every few months a sip of soda. I felt so bad for this boy. His teeth were already rotted at 3. The mother was constantly running off doing wet/PCP and leaving him wherever. No concern for food, clothes, etc. I was 17 at the time and looking back should have called CPS. He was also extremely misbehaved but I couldn't blame him, nobody disciplined him and when they did it was to yell and smack. Didn't help all he ate was sugar either. Eventually she gave birth, found a new guy and moved half way across the country.
Most of this has nothing to do with teeth.

This is an old thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2015, 09:43 AM

1 posts, read 627 times
I have a 2 yr old boy who chipped one of his front teeth when he was about 11 months old, and also when we started brushing his teeth he would not allow me to brush his front teeth. I also made the mistake of giving him to much juice when he started on solids. My mistake, that I will NEVER make again.
Problem is now his two front teeth mostly the one that was chipped looks like it is starting to decay. It almost looks like the white enamel of his tooth just completely chipped off in one spot. The other tooth just has a little yellowing. My concern is that he will have to get the silver metal caps put on. Anyone have a similar experience or any advice I would greatly appreciate it. And does insurance cover crown work for little ones? Thanks!

Old 11-08-2015, 10:28 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,046,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaMarieW View Post
I have a 2 yr old boy who chipped one of his front teeth when he was about 11 months old, and also when we started brushing his teeth he would not allow me to brush his front teeth. I also made the mistake of giving him to much juice when he started on solids. My mistake, that I will NEVER make again.
Problem is now his two front teeth mostly the one that was chipped looks like it is starting to decay. It almost looks like the white enamel of his tooth just completely chipped off in one spot. The other tooth just has a little yellowing. My concern is that he will have to get the silver metal caps put on. Anyone have a similar experience or any advice I would greatly appreciate it. And does insurance cover crown work for little ones? Thanks!
You need to take him to a dentist. What will be covered depends on your insurance. For back teeth, probably only silver would be covered. For the front teeth, I was told they can do metal with white over the top, but the white sometimes chips off. You should have taken him in a year ago before it got worse. The doctor might also suggest pulling the tooth. You don't have to do anything you don't wan to, but at least you'd know your options.

Old 11-12-2015, 07:17 PM

10,104 posts, read 19,316,149 times
Its obviously a sign of neglect and abuse. Quick, call CPS, the parents must be ignorant white trash and just swill Mountain Dew all day while collecting their gubermint check
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting