U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 07:21 AM

1,149 posts, read 2,607,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
He pays her to stay here and the only thing she pays for me is my cell phone bill, which is minimal.
And as soon as my line is up in November I will be switching to sprint.
Really? Didn't you JUST say she keeps putting money into a joint account for you, since you have no money of your own?

I dunno, what you do is pretty disrespectful - you boast about your privacy, what you don't allow your mother to do, how you keep your room, etc.

Would I have an issue with it? Yes, and quite a few other things that you do. However, none of us here are your mother, so I fail to see the point of the post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 07:23 AM

4,437 posts, read 5,467,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
So if you don't have an issue with it...
why even ask if random strangers care about your living arrangements???
Gotta agree here. I'm at little lost as to the point if mom doesn't care, OP doesn't care, friend doesn't care.....

Why is this in the parenting forum? Maybe the relationship forum would be better given what many already think.

Shouldn't even get sucked into this, but to the OP - did it ever occur to you that your "friend" might have feelings for you? So being down in his space all night texting/flirting with a cop seems really inappropriate - no matter what the situation. And taking a percoset - what's up with that?

Old 07-08-2010, 11:43 AM

20,527 posts, read 10,921,285 times
Quote:
Last night I took a percocet right before going to bed.
Started texting this cop I know right before I went to bed and stayed up ALL night till 6am texting him and flirting.
I fought sleep for 7 hours just to text this guy.
What the CRAP are you doing taking a percocet?

(For those of you reading this who aren't up on your pharmaceuticals it's a narcotic. Major league pain killer Available by perscription only. Regulated by the government.)

There is a whole lot going on here that, if you were my daughter, would scare the bleedin' pus out of me. And I can guarantee you that you would not be sitting in the basement, getting high and texting for seven hours. If you were my daughter I'd have you peeing into a cup every 12 hours and you would be meeting all kinds of new friends in a 12 step program.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:41 PM

760 posts, read 1,128,693 times
Quote:
So you all know how my friend is staying with us.
He stays in the basement, etc.

Well last night I stayed down there as well and slept on the couch.

He said he hates sitting down there alone and is fine to sleep down there alone but just hates being down there by himself etc.

So I crashed on the couch and fell asleep down there and we just talked while we were falling asleep. I actually stayed up the whole night texting. LOL
He is 19 and I am 20.
No romantic interest.

Would you have an issue with it?
So you're not involved, no romantic insterest (yeah, right). He hates being alone downstairs, so you join him and you crash on the couch and fell asleep, but actually stayed up the whole night texting (doesn't really make sense, either you fell asleep or you stayed up the whole night texting).

Are you going to stay downstairs with him every night because he hates being alone?

Why are you asking if we have issues with this when no one in your home apparently does .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting