Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 01:42 PM

812 posts, read 1,902,785 times

Advertisements

I work M-F. It started out 1-530 but now I work extra hours on Thurs/Fri going in at 11am. I come in early the other days if co-workers are sick/vacation or we are busier than normal. I will probably be able to leave by 5 next year when school starts BUT bulk of my patients are in California and I am on the East Coast. This job is a blessing after my previous one I left in the fall. NO stress, daytime hours/no wknds. IF my other co-worker left I could possibly get her 9-2 shift but don't see that happening.

This job is much better than before. I worked 4 days a week in home health care and was on call every other week and weekend. I would be out til 7-10p some nights if we got a hospital release or equipment broke. I would sometimes drive 2 hrs 1 way to a patients home. Calls at 2am. , begging my aunt to pick up my kids/watch them til hubby got home.

I am not sure how working moms/parents get their kids home much earlier and fed/to bed during the week. Most meals I can fix in 20-30 mins. Caseroles don't get eaten at my house

My mornings may not consist of work but I handle all the dr appts, allergy shots, handyman, repairs, errands, cleaning and such so we can have free time on the weekend to spend as a family having fun.

I think the bfast might be a good idea and i can just feed the kids as soon as dinner is ready whether hubby is home or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 02:11 PM

812 posts, read 1,902,785 times
Thanks everyone! I am glad to know it shouldn't be that hard to transition him to the earlier wake/bed time!

My little girl is 2--so she will have 2 more years of daycare before they are back on the same "schedule" with school. They are ~22 mos apart (Apr/May babies). I am fine with serving lighter, quicker meals like sandwiches for dinner. Hubby will just have to get over it. He is a meat/pots kind of guy-requires a hot meal. I hate to leave him out of the process but if it means getting kids to bed earlier that may be the only solution. He helps with bath, reads to them and we share putting them to bed.

I hope the afterschool program gets the homework done but I do want to be involved in the learning process --my friends here in the local school couldn't believe how much homework they had in K.

I am sure throwing in soccer or tball practice will mess it all up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting