U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 10:52 AM

45 posts, read 187,258 times

Advertisements

I Have A 5m Baby Who Cries Everytime I Put Him Down, Well Most Of The Time. When He's At Daycare He's Fine He Plays By Himself And They Don't Have To Hold Him A Lot. Soon As Ie Get Home And I Put Him Down He Starts Crying . I Cant Even Get Dinner Prepared Without Him Crying And Have To Hold Him Sometimes When Im Eating. My Girlfriend Thinks He's Spoiled Because Im Nursing
Him And Says She's Not Going To Breastfeed For That Same Issue.
I Disagree I Think He Misses Me All Day And Wants To Be Close To Me. I Do Let Him Cry Sometimes But I Don't Like It When He Cries Alot. And To Make It Worst My Husband Thinks The Same Thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2007, 10:55 AM

6,550 posts, read 12,608,164 times
I only have the experience with our one child to go off of, but I remember a phase like that where the child would just cry when you put them down.....

Our daughter, for a time, would be sleeping in your arms and the second you put her down in the crib for that nap or something those eyes would spring open and "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!"....

Probably nothing to be worried about. Five months seems to be a bit young to be worried about spoiling the child.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:57 AM

550 posts, read 2,541,006 times
I held my babies when they wanted me to. I don't think you can spoil a baby enough at that age! I use to put my babies in a snugglie or back carrier when I had to get things done around the house. Snuggle that baby lots because they grow up way too fast!!

Old 06-22-2007, 11:08 AM

3,178 posts, read 13,167,269 times
First - please stop capitalizing each word - it makes it hard to read your post

Second - I was one of those mommies that did not hold their child all the time - it drove me nuts. I still hold my son of course but not if there was crying. I was a stickler. But maybe you have a clingy baby? Have you tried a hip sling to carry them about in?

Old 06-22-2007, 11:13 AM

3,684 posts, read 10,840,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoe View Post
I held my babies when they wanted me to. I don't think you can spoil a baby enough at that age! I use to put my babies in a snugglie or back carrier when I had to get things done around the house. Snuggle that baby lots because they grow up way too fast!!
Listen to Skoe she said it perfectly!

Old 06-22-2007, 11:15 AM

45 posts, read 187,258 times
I have a nojio sling I tried wearing it around the house it felt so uncomfortable. I guest I have to get use to it. He is preety heavy too

Old 06-22-2007, 11:35 AM

28 posts, read 146,390 times
At 5 months I don't think he can be spoiled. The two of you do not see each other all day long. He just wants to spend some time with his mom and there is nothing wrong with that.

I don't understand not wanting to breastfeed for the reason your friend gave. It is always best to breastfeed, it sounds like you are doing everything you can for him.

Old 06-22-2007, 11:35 AM

2,349 posts, read 9,494,459 times
Breastfeeding does NOT equal spoiling unless you count that it allows the mom to be lazy (no bottles to clean, formula to mix etc...) lol. That is a special bonding time between the mother and child. Do NOT stop breastfeeding until he cuts you off or it becomes too hard to deal with and work. I had a "spoiled" child and we were carrying him until he was 2 years old. Aaahhh my back! Yeah he worked me over good and I totally caved sheesh! But now he insists on walking and being SO independent in everything. Treasure these times and know that one day he will be on his own and so will you. When it comes to crucial life lessons do apply a firm hand (metaphorically) but for now, don't sweat it. He's a BABY for crikeys sake! If you have something that HAS to be done, do it. It won't hurt him to cry his little eyes out. Also, there may be other reasons he is crying. Check for teeth, gas, and other physical problems. He could just be catching the tense mood in the house resulting in his unhappyness. Babies know these things. Good luck and the next time your hubby or friend complains, stick a boob in their mouth ROFL

Old 06-22-2007, 12:15 PM

1,341 posts, read 4,310,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmewright View Post
Breastfeeding does NOT equal spoiling unless you count that it allows the mom to be lazy (no bottles to clean, formula to mix etc...) lol. That is a special bonding time between the mother and child. Do NOT stop breastfeeding until he cuts you off or it becomes too hard to deal with and work. I had a "spoiled" child and we were carrying him until he was 2 years old. Aaahhh my back! Yeah he worked me over good and I totally caved sheesh! But now he insists on walking and being SO independent in everything. Treasure these times and know that one day he will be on his own and so will you. When it comes to crucial life lessons do apply a firm hand (metaphorically) but for now, don't sweat it. He's a BABY for crikeys sake! If you have something that HAS to be done, do it. It won't hurt him to cry his little eyes out. Also, there may be other reasons he is crying. Check for teeth, gas, and other physical problems. He could just be catching the tense mood in the house resulting in his unhappyness. Babies know these things. Good luck and the next time your hubby or friend complains, stick a boob in their mouth ROFL
Amen! I nursed all my children till they were almost one....and my second one was extra clingy..she still is a snuggler..LOL...but 5 months is wayyyyyy to young to be worried about spoiling...try a pacifier, it could be colic, constipation...he may be uncomfortable in the position..there could be tag on his onsie bothering him.

There are just tooo many things that cannot be ignored because of his age.

And please dont stop nursing because you feel the extra pressure. When they are older then its okay for the cry it out method..but not at 5 months.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:34 PM

7,788 posts, read 10,444,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoe View Post
I second this!!!!! Listen to Skoe!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or