Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 01:19 PM

548 posts, read 1,037,835 times

Advertisements

No sure how it works in PA but I know the state I came from you have to have a place to live, and be able to support yourself before a judge would even consider emancipation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 05:23 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,969,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
i actually did that for 4 years.

to make it worth while we'd go to mcdonalds right after.

seminary starts at 6, and everyone else is stuck there with her, i can guarentee she'd enjoy it more if she helped make it more entertaining.

because theres nothing more boring than scripture study...

like the old saying goes, "nothing gets through second nephi"

katia, my advice to you is to ignore the church part. make it a social event! seminary has a lot of other bored high schoolers with you, i bet if you organized entertaining things to do in the morning, everyone would enjoy coming.

(PS it would also make you a popular person at church)

in fact how about this, katia, organize a breakfast cookoff for a friday morning. your cemetary teacher (pun intended) may say no, but i know if you keep at them they'll eventually say yes.

and everyone shows off their cooking skills.

you're a good person, you don't need the church to dictate to you what to do. so while you're this age, work around the don'ts can'ts and nots. bring a tank top in your backpack, keep a change of clothes at school. you have to be your own person through the strife.
Dude, not even McDonalds is worth being up at 4am everyday.
Think about it, getting up at 4am, being at school from 7am to 3pm then homework, sports maybe, friends, down time, showering, dinner etc.
You'd have to be to bed by 8pm to just get 8 hours of sleep.
Meaning, no sports because you wouldn't get home till 5pm, leaving no time to do anything else.

I would have revolted. Lol.

Old 07-23-2010, 02:20 PM

38 posts, read 86,101 times
Katia, 1st you have to prove that you can support yourself....prove you are in school .... are you finacially stable??? If yes to all then I would start with contacting your school counselor for referrals... posible child and family services (DSHS) there is help out there you just have to be persistant. I live in Tacoma and I am on the other side LOL our 16yr old thought that when she turned 16 she could just go down to courthouse and get emancipated.... she has many many issues though and I will not get into all that but in the end(last week) she became a ward of the state.... So weigh out your options carefully and remember you only have 1 more yr if that until you are legally an adult and can do whatever you want:-) I hope everything works out for you!!!

Old 07-27-2010, 03:43 PM

3 posts, read 2,997 times
thank you everybody who has given me advice. i have worked out with my parents to only go to sacrament and im going to try my hardest this next year to focus on what i want, not what they tell me i should want. thank you again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting