U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-01-2010, 07:19 PM
 
Location: Unknown. Where am I? Am I lost?
5,515 posts, read 3,318,206 times
Reputation: 2449

Advertisements

So I get an IM from my grandmother just maybe 10 minutes ago.

My grandmother says to me I heard you have a $500 phone bill.
I thought she was talking about my mom's verizon bill which I am still on, which my mom doesn't pay and sometimes owes $500 at once on.

No, she was talking about me.

Apparently, my mom told her I ran up a $500 cell phone bill.
She also told her I snuck out, took the truck without permission, ran out $50 in gas and was out till 4am.

I can explain this all.

The truck: We did police training till 2am. I got home, my friend went to bed. I had not eaten all day, I woke up went straight to work, straight from work to training and then home, he didn't want to take me to get food because he was too tired. My brother was having friends spend the night and they were asleep in the living room. My mom was asleep in her room. I went to del taco to get food because there was nothing to make in the house and even if there was there were people asleep less than 10 ft from the kitchen and I didn't want to wake them up. I took the durango to go to del taco to get food, met a girl from work there and sat and talked with the durango off for an hour & a half to two hours. I didn't sneak out, I went out the garage door, when you open it, you can feel it in my moms room. And I went to get food because there was none at the house. She can't honestly expect me to go a whole 24 hours without eating. And you all know all hell breaks loose if she's woken up.

The cell: I opened up a cell phone account in my name for a friend. I was going to join on later once I had gotten my job. He got a replacement phone sent to him and sent back his old one. Verizon lost it and then charged us for it, it's all been taken care of. I had a bill sitting in my room that said I owed $600. This bill is VERY old.

Leads me to my next point.
My mom KNEW about the lost cell phone issue but how could she have told my grandmother exactly how much I owed if she had never seen the bill? Because I never showed it to her, just told her about it.

The other day I came home from work and my fan was off, stuff was moved and this miniature aquarium thing I have was switched on and running. In order to even get to it you have to make an effort to get to it, it was behind a box and a FULL laundry basket, my bills were sitting RIGHT above it on the next shelf up.

She must have come in to turn off my fan and then gotten curious and went through the rest of my room...

Words cannot express the anger and betrayal I feel right now. She VIOLATED my privacy. I am 20, 21 in 24 days, what is she doing going through my PERSONAL BILLS.

I know her house, she can do as she pleases, move out.
Well right now, I am PISSED OFF and have all rights to be.

 
Old 08-01-2010, 07:22 PM
 
852 posts, read 715,312 times
Reputation: 1026
If your mother is the homeowner, there is no home in the house that she shouldn't have complete access to.
 
Old 08-01-2010, 07:23 PM
 
Location: Unknown. Where am I? Am I lost?
5,515 posts, read 3,318,206 times
Reputation: 2449
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucygirl951 View Post
If your mother is the homeowner, there is no home in the house that she shouldn't have complete access to.
I think there is a law that states you can't go through another persons mail.

She can come in my room. GOING THOUGH my bills and my stuff.
F*** that noise.
 
Old 08-01-2010, 07:27 PM
 
852 posts, read 715,312 times
Reputation: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I think there is a law that states you can't go through another persons mail.

She can come in my room. GOING THOUGH my bills and my stuff.
F*** that noise.
The law is that you can't OPEN another person's mail.
 
Old 08-01-2010, 07:33 PM
 
4,878 posts, read 2,877,349 times
Reputation: 4591
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
So I get an IM from my grandmother just maybe 10 minutes ago.

My grandmother says to me I heard you have a $500 phone bill.
I thought she was talking about my mom's verizon bill which I am still on, which my mom doesn't pay and sometimes owes $500 at once on.

No, she was talking about me.

Apparently, my mom told her I ran up a $500 cell phone bill.
She also told her I snuck out, took the truck without permission, ran out $50 in gas and was out till 4am.

I can explain this all.

The truck: We did police training till 2am. I got home, my friend went to bed. I had not eaten all day, I woke up went straight to work, straight from work to training and then home, he didn't want to take me to get food because he was too tired. My brother was having friends spend the night and they were asleep in the living room. My mom was asleep in her room. I went to del taco to get food because there was nothing to make in the house and even if there was there were people asleep less than 10 ft from the kitchen and I didn't want to wake them up. I took the durango to go to del taco to get food, met a girl from work there and sat and talked with the durango off for an hour & a half to two hours. I didn't sneak out, I went out the garage door, when you open it, you can feel it in my moms room. And I went to get food because there was none at the house. She can't honestly expect me to go a whole 24 hours without eating. And you all know all hell breaks loose if she's woken up.

The cell: I opened up a cell phone account in my name for a friend. I was going to join on later once I had gotten my job. He got a replacement phone sent to him and sent back his old one. Verizon lost it and then charged us for it, it's all been taken care of. I had a bill sitting in my room that said I owed $600. This bill is VERY old.

Leads me to my next point.
My mom KNEW about the lost cell phone issue but how could she have told my grandmother exactly how much I owed if she had never seen the bill? Because I never showed it to her, just told her about it.

The other day I came home from work and my fan was off, stuff was moved and this miniature aquarium thing I have was switched on and running. In order to even get to it you have to make an effort to get to it, it was behind a box and a FULL laundry basket, my bills were sitting RIGHT above it on the next shelf up.

She must have come in to turn off my fan and then gotten curious and went through the rest of my room...

Words cannot express the anger and betrayal I feel right now. She VIOLATED my privacy. I am 20, 21 in 24 days, what is she doing going through my PERSONAL BILLS.

I know her house, she can do as she pleases, move out.
Well right now, I am PISSED OFF and have all rights to be.
You have a job? Move out.
 
Old 08-01-2010, 07:42 PM
 
22,214 posts, read 13,014,885 times
Reputation: 23818
I predict a six page thread.
 
Old 08-01-2010, 07:43 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,123 posts, read 57,026,781 times
Reputation: 38358
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
So I get an IM from my grandmother just maybe 10 minutes ago.

My grandmother says to me I heard you have a $500 phone bill.
I thought she was talking about my mom's verizon bill which I am still on, which my mom doesn't pay and sometimes owes $500 at once on.

No, she was talking about me.

Apparently, my mom told her I ran up a $500 cell phone bill.
She also told her I snuck out, took the truck without permission, ran out $50 in gas and was out till 4am.

I can explain this all.

The truck: We did police training till 2am. I got home, my friend went to bed. I had not eaten all day, I woke up went straight to work, straight from work to training and then home, he didn't want to take me to get food because he was too tired. My brother was having friends spend the night and they were asleep in the living room. My mom was asleep in her room. I went to del taco to get food because there was nothing to make in the house and even if there was there were people asleep less than 10 ft from the kitchen and I didn't want to wake them up. I took the durango to go to del taco to get food, met a girl from work there and sat and talked with the durango off for an hour & a half to two hours. I didn't sneak out, I went out the garage door, when you open it, you can feel it in my moms room. And I went to get food because there was none at the house. She can't honestly expect me to go a whole 24 hours without eating. And you all know all hell breaks loose if she's woken up.

The cell: I opened up a cell phone account in my name for a friend. I was going to join on later once I had gotten my job. He got a replacement phone sent to him and sent back his old one. Verizon lost it and then charged us for it, it's all been taken care of. I had a bill sitting in my room that said I owed $600. This bill is VERY old.

Leads me to my next point.
My mom KNEW about the lost cell phone issue but how could she have told my grandmother exactly how much I owed if she had never seen the bill? Because I never showed it to her, just told her about it.

The other day I came home from work and my fan was off, stuff was moved and this miniature aquarium thing I have was switched on and running. In order to even get to it you have to make an effort to get to it, it was behind a box and a FULL laundry basket, my bills were sitting RIGHT above it on the next shelf up.

She must have come in to turn off my fan and then gotten curious and went through the rest of my room...

Words cannot express the anger and betrayal I feel right now. She VIOLATED my privacy. I am 20, 21 in 24 days, what is she doing going through my PERSONAL BILLS.

I know her house, she can do as she pleases, move out.
Well right now, I am PISSED OFF and have all rights to be.

sigh...I like you txtqueen, so I'm going to take the energy and time to say this to you...in the real world adults take responsibility for themselves in ALL situations.

Wasting your energy being pissed off at your mom is useless and rather immature. Unless you pay the rent/mortgage you have NO ONE to blame for where you find yourself other than yourself. You have no real rights in her home.

Yes, it would be nice if mom didn't have "issues".
Yes, it would be nice if mom respected your privacy.

But that is not the reality you live in.

And you can't go around creating drama like this anymore. Grow up and accept what is. Let it motivate you to getting the heck out of that place as quickly as you are able.

Also,as any real grownup with half a brain will tell you - DO NOT EVER co-sign or open an acct on ANYTHING to help out a friend ever again. This is extremely risky and will almost always come back to bite you in the butt.
 
Old 08-01-2010, 07:48 PM
 
47 posts, read 7,716 times
Reputation: 24
Your mother sounds like mine,I eventually put it to her bluntly and now for the time we are staying here she stays upstairs we stay downstairs and don't communicate much,its much more peaceful that way.
 
Old 08-01-2010, 07:52 PM
 
Location: Unknown. Where am I? Am I lost?
5,515 posts, read 3,318,206 times
Reputation: 2449
None of you here would be angry if someone went through your stuff and then told family members lies?
 
Old 08-01-2010, 07:55 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,123 posts, read 57,026,781 times
Reputation: 38358
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
None of you here would be angry if someone went through your stuff and then told family members lies?
Grow up honey, you sound 14 right now.

Of course no one likes their privacy violated and no one likes to be gossiped about. But that is beside the point.

You are in HER house - you have no rights other than the ones she decides to give you.

It just is what it is. Make your plans to move on - it's the only way to take control of your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:02 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top