Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 07:08 AM

812 posts, read 1,902,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
I had that up in the babies room as well.

On the fridge I had a small one that said, A perfectly kept house is the sign of a misspent life. It was my daily reminder to prioritize....not an excuse to keep a messy house. LOL

Once my kids were the run round and noisy age I found a little plaque that I hung in the hall in the foyer. Please excuse the noise and the mess, my kids are busy making memories.
I love all of those sayings! The house won't burn down if you have dirty dishes in the sink has always been my philosophy. It is not the end of the world and I would rather play or snuggle with my kids! Love the idea of having several weeks worth of undies.

Mine are 22 months apart. Fortunately I had the almost 2 yr old in full time daycare so I could concentrate on the newborn. I wanted her to have that one on one mommy time like her brother had when he was born before I went back to work. BFing didn't go well for me with either kid. I was either bf'ing or trying to pump and it seemed to never end. Older kid didn't like me even HOLDING the baby, changing her diaper etc...so once he got home it was a struggle to do anything (lots of tears).

There may be services in your areas that deliver home cooked meals/freezer ready to heat meals that you could use a few times a week. I ended up getting a cleaning lady every other week to do the dusting, windows, hardwoods, bathrooms so I can just spot clean between visits.

Those first few months are hard but eventually you get into a rhythm. If you have Directv ours like SPROUT channel for the toddler. The swing was our best friend--ours went side to side vs front/back and I think it mimicked the way they feel when you are holding them sideways in your arms and rocking.

Hang in there-you aren't alone!

Old 08-09-2010, 07:24 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,102,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
I had that up in the babies room as well.

On the fridge I had a small one that said, A perfectly kept house is the sign of a misspent life. It was my daily reminder to prioritize....not an excuse to keep a messy house. LOL

Once my kids were the run round and noisy age I found a little plaque that I hung in the hall in the foyer. Please excuse the noise and the mess, my kids are busy making memories.
I LOVE this! I might make my own!

Old 08-14-2010, 04:45 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,118,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dance4dayzz View Post
I need some advice. I have a 1 month old, 2 1/2 year old and a 9 year old and I can seem to get organized enough to cook dinner most days, clean the house and get things done. I also started off breastfeeding but ds is a BIG eater and it was not satisfying him. My plan was to supplement with breastmilk by pumping but I can't seem to find time in my day to do that either. I'm up with ds all night and by morning I'm exhausted but I try to get it together enough to get the 9 year old off to school and spend some time with my toddler.

I need some advice on how to get things done and how to fit in pumping. My husband works long hours and is gone from 4am - 6pm so when he comes home he is exhausted but he tries to play with the kids and take the baby so I can get some things done. Sleeping when the baby sleeps doesn't always work because my toddler is not always taking a nap at that time. Also, I try to get a few things done when they are both sleeping. Any advice is appreciated.
I say screw the house and worry about happy kids. I know how depressing a dirty house is.... but it's only temporary. After year one, it gets a little easier.

Drinking may also help... lol..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.