Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2010, 05:13 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,969,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I think it is smart to not move out until you know you can afford it. However, if life at home is as unbearable as you say it is, you should be saving EVERY penny you make so you have as much saved as possible when the time comes. Taking a week off unpaid at this point does not make sense. You could have made, what, about $200 or more this week? That would almost double what you have now. Think about it. In my late teens and early 20's I worked, but I went out and had tons of fun AFTER work. It isn't necessary to have such a large chunk of time off just so you don't "miss out" on anything.

Just a random totally off topic question here.... the 0305 in rkb0305....that wouldn't happen to be an police OSN number would it?

Reason I ask is that ive done the same thing with my gmail email address...my explorer OSN is on the end of it.

Old 08-26-2010, 05:23 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,334,293 times
[quote=ohiogirl22;15634130]If being a cop doesn't work out and you want a career that makes money that you take home at the end of the day, try cosmetology. You can make a lot of money and the school is only about 7 months long, and relatively inexpensive. You can also go at night like many people do.

Cosmetology.... that's pretty much the opposite of being a cop. I think if being a cop doesn't work out maybe try something more in line with that particular field.
I haven't read the whole thread but I would suggest the OP consider being a paramedic, EMT a 911 operator or a firefighter...something that has to do with helping people and is just alittle more action-packed than waxing someone's eyebrows or giving them a brazilan wax EWWWW LOL

Last edited by KylieEve; 08-26-2010 at 05:26 PM.. Reason: .

Old 08-26-2010, 05:24 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,013,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Just a random totally off topic question here.... the 0305 in rkb0305....that wouldn't happen to be an police OSN number would it?

Reason I ask is that ive done the same thing with my gmail email address...my explorer OSN is on the end of it.
No officer with any amount of professionalism would do such a thing!

Read rkb's profile. She's a SAHM.

Old 08-26-2010, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
ISn't it cute how people who've never actually had kids, who don't even know how to be adults, are nonetheless experts on family dynamics and perfect parenting?

No need to insult the OP. There is nothing wrong with her thinking about how she would act if she were a parent.

Old 08-26-2010, 05:28 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,719,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesconsinite View Post
Once again, Beachmel, you're twisting things.
And what's this "we" crap? Most people were on my side. And even the ones that weren't on my side, certainly weren't twisting things like you were, in order to make my mother out to be some saint.

In fact I remember thanking most of them for looking at the situation realistically (even the ones that didn't necessarily agree with me).

Mom offered me (read that slowly... she offered me.... read it again, just to be sure, Beachmel...)
a room to stay in for a few months. A temporary pit stop between permanent residents.

For the next 6-7 weeks, yes, I'm still here. I was venting that not much had changed around here since I left years ago, you could still cut the tension with a knife, and my stepdad is still disrespectful to me. People have a right to vent sometimes, no matter how old they are. I was so stressed out I was in tears, silently in my room. Sad that nothing had changed around here.

But prior to this I'd been on my own for many years. Since I was legal.

But let's not hijack this thread, Beachmel. I know, I know. I'm the 30 year old devil spawn brat. Yeah yeah yeah.
No abuse took place in my home growing up at all. And none still does. (/sarcasm)
Yeah, stepdad still treats me like gold every moment he's around me. (EYEROLL)
Yep, that's me......a regular frickin pretzel. I've said it before and I'll say it again....if it wasn't more self pity and over-elaboration than truth...y'all would be inclined to do whatever it takes to get out of there. Of course, we are to believe everything whiners tell us.....LOL Some of us are parents and others of us could be quite the story tellers as well. Oh....hey, some of have kids and siblings and have heard it all before. There I go....twisting things around again. LOL

Old 08-26-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
The military has been suggested several times over several threads. She totally ignores the suggestion. She doesn't even bother to come up with a reason it won't work.

The military is not for everyone. I wouldn't want to join and be traveling all around the world and living in harsh conditions. I think its just a tad more dangerous than being a cop too.

Old 08-26-2010, 05:36 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
No, being a code office secretary isn't dangerous at all.

Being deployed somewhere with present wartime activities is dangerous, but as someone has already posted, you have options that can pretty much guarantee that the furthest you end up is Virginia.

Old 08-26-2010, 05:43 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,447,245 times
The OP wants to be a cop. She wants to get out of the house, she needs health insurance, she needs to make money, she wants an education. The cops I know have backgrounds as MPs. The military would offer the opportunity to move out, a paycheck, health insurance, free training - perhaps even in the field of her choice, plus it trains you in the discipline required to be a cop (which has a military structure and similar expectations). It's an option. No it's not for everyone but for someone who wants to be a cop, it's an option that should seriously be considered.

Old 08-26-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
No officer with any amount of professionalism would do such a thing!

Read rkb's profile. She's a SAHM.

Do you know what an OSN number is?

Its the year and what # officer you were when you got hired.

So say I get hired on in 2011 and I get hired on during the summer and I am the 7th officer to get hired, my OSN number would be 11-07.
Its not a special number, its not a badge number.

My gmail is like x.xxxxxx0901@gmail.com.
Just looks like number.

I don't get where you get it would be unprofessional to do that...please explain.

Old 08-26-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
The OP wants to be a cop. She wants to get out of the house, she needs health insurance, she needs to make money, she wants an education. The cops I know have backgrounds as MPs. The military would offer the opportunity to move out, a paycheck, health insurance, free training - perhaps even in the field of her choice, plus it trains you in the discipline required to be a cop (which has a military structure and similar expectations). It's an option. No it's not for everyone but for someone who wants to be a cop, it's an option that should seriously be considered.

Reason I don't want to go into the military is what I listed earlier about why I didn't want to and I have a lot all planned out.

If I go into the military. I am theirs for atleast 6 years. Putting me at 27 by the time I become a cop. I need to have kids sometime in my 30's, so that's like what, 3-4 years I have as an officer before I really should have kids before I get too old. 3-4 years as a cop? Please, if I am going to invest all that money into academy and gear etc, I want a good 10 years or so before I have to stop and have kids because I also in my 30's want to stay the same size and be able to fit in my uniform AFTER kids so that I can GO BACK to being a cop. P90X during those 6 weeks on baby leave and I'll be in the same shape as when I left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting