U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-28-2007, 01:27 PM

955 posts, read 2,418,343 times

Advertisements

my daughter is two - she goes down at 7:30pm and wakes at 7:10am - naps for give our take an hour (somedays not at all) around 12pm or 1pm
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 03:02 PM

6,530 posts, read 9,118,419 times
<sigh> okay, admission time....

My 3-year old daughter usually goes to bed at 10PM, sometimes later. She gets up at 6:30 in the morning and some days doesn't nap..... YES it drives my wife and I crazy as we barely have a waking moment to ourselves.

Heck, as long as I'm spilling the beans here, we also co-sleep. Our daughter loves it of course and it really doesn't affect our lifestyle/intimacy so from what I understand from the books I've read, no harm/no foul there....

Yes, we intend to start getting strict on bedtime stuff before she turns four...

There, I've purged my soul..... I feel a little better..

Old 06-28-2007, 03:17 PM

2,490 posts, read 4,723,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAFury View Post
<sigh> okay, admission time....

My 3-year old daughter usually goes to bed at 10PM, sometimes later. She gets up at 6:30 in the morning and some days doesn't nap..... YES it drives my wife and I crazy as we barely have a waking moment to ourselves.

I am so glad I am not the only one. My 2 yr old won't fall asleep until after 10 as well. Now he has decided that sleeping in my bed is much more fun than his own bed. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He takes a short nap during the day and wakes up around 7am. His staying up late isn't really my concern its that he won't sleep in his bed. Hubby and I aren't getting any sleep. Any ideas?

Old 06-28-2007, 08:21 PM

6,530 posts, read 9,118,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
I am so glad I am not the only one. My 2 yr old won't fall asleep until after 10 as well. Now he has decided that sleeping in my bed is much more fun than his own bed. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He takes a short nap during the day and wakes up around 7am. His staying up late isn't really my concern its that he won't sleep in his bed. Hubby and I aren't getting any sleep. Any ideas?
Actually yeah... When we tried to get our daughter in her own bed we wound her down earlier (kids really don't have concept of time, only light or dark ) so we just started the routine earlier and then with getting her in her bed we just got her to lay in it and (on my nights, as we traded off nights ) I'd just play soft classical music and sit there on the floor in the dark until she fell asleep... It usually only took about 20 minutes. Anyway, we got out of the habit and we're back to co-sleeping again, but we at least have a clue what to do when the time comes....

Old 07-01-2007, 07:44 AM

8,055 posts, read 2,473,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
Enjoy it while it lasts...

Homepage
Forum Rules
FAQ

Old 04-27-2008, 07:06 PM

1 posts, read 3,053 times
Default question about sleep

I am a parent of a two and 1/2 year old with great sleep habits. (Bedtime at 8pm, nap for 1-2 hours a day, wakes up between 6/7 am. The problem I have is with the child I look after, she is also 2 and 1/2. Her parents let her go to bed at 10pm on the weekend, let her sleep in till 10am and don't give her naps because she doesn't want them. When it is time for her to come to my house during the week, she arrives at 9:30/10 am and is tired by lunch,(is a zoombie) naps for me for 2 hours then is still tired the rest of the day, but the parents keep her up again at night till 9 or 10.

Is this normal? Or should I say something?

Old 04-27-2008, 07:13 PM

2,588 posts, read 3,660,555 times
My toddler (2 years and 8 months) goes to bed between 7:30-8 every night and wakes up between 6:30-7 in the morning. Her afternoon nap is at 2pm now (I force her to coincide with the 1-year-old's nap) and it lasts roughly 2 hours, but sometimes 3. It's 5 now and she's still sleeping, so this will be a later night than usual for her. Some kids are hard to get sleeping on a schedule. My toddler is a superstar when it comes to sleep, but the baby isn't.

Old 04-27-2008, 07:16 PM

2,588 posts, read 3,660,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljbs71 View Post
I am a parent of a two and 1/2 year old with great sleep habits. (Bedtime at 8pm, nap for 1-2 hours a day, wakes up between 6/7 am. The problem I have is with the child I look after, she is also 2 and 1/2. Her parents let her go to bed at 10pm on the weekend, let her sleep in till 10am and don't give her naps because she doesn't want them. When it is time for her to come to my house during the week, she arrives at 9:30/10 am and is tired by lunch,(is a zoombie) naps for me for 2 hours then is still tired the rest of the day, but the parents keep her up again at night till 9 or 10.

Is this normal? Or should I say something?
Oh, that's not normal. That poor kid needs to be on the same schedule all week long. Sounds like they want to sleep in on the weekends, so they keep her up. I'd say something. But, I have little tact, so I won't give you advice on how to do that. Just help that poor little girl. Good luck!

Old 04-27-2008, 08:06 PM
pfw

186 posts, read 619,586 times
My 2.5 yo goes to bed at 8:30 and sleeps till anytime between 7:30 and 8:30. Most days she will take a nap about 1:30 for about 1.5 hours.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:46 AM

1,363 posts, read 4,123,990 times
Default I'm one of the lucky ones

I have a 2.5 daughter. Her bed time is 7pm. Sometimes 8pm if we are not going to be doing anything in the morning and sometimes 6:30 if she seems like she's tired. She goes right to sleep in her bed and doesn't wake-up in the middle of the night. She NEVER sleeps in our bed. She wakes up between 6 and 6:30am. We both work Ft so I go in to wake her up during the week, but for some odd reason she has no problem getting up at 6 am on Saturday or Sunday morning all bright eyed and bushy tailed. LOL. She willingly naps everyday for at least 2 hours during the day-maybe 3 if she's had a busy morning and gets tired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting